Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 00:09   #4891
BHPian

I have no clue about W16's garage, but your stats seem to be another case of "If I haven't seen the pictures, it doesn't exist!". Look at the SLR McLaren. It's still here in Mumbai. Do we have any pics? NO. The Zonda and the Miura came to Mumbai n went back. Do we have any pics? No. Everyone knows there's more than 1 H1 in India. Pictorial proof? Not yet.

For that matter, I can give a whole list of cars in and around Mumbai. None are photographed, so again no way anyone will believe me.

In such cases, all that matters is reliable sources. I do not mean that you are making false claims, so before making such claims, just ensure you are dead sure about it and have consulted those in the know.
Old 11th September 2012, 00:14   #4892
BANNED

re: Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR

^Im dead sure about it because i spoke to the owner of exclusive motors. Now i don't understand what more authentic source can one have?? He clearly told me news about people buying a veyron are all fakes. "You mean THE BUGATTI VEYRON? In hyderabad and i don't know it?" These are his exact words when i visited his showroom for a bentley delivery of my friend in delhi. Still don't believe me? pm me, ill forward his number to you.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 11th September 2012 at 00:16.
Old 11th September 2012, 11:10   #4893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
How sure are you? The car went to Hyderabad AFTER it arrived in Mumbai n spent 2-3 days. It arrived in Mumbai few months after it was in Delhi. In the meantime, it was in Europe. Also, I don't recollect the car being in Bangalore or Chennai any time. Correct me if I'm wrong about this part.
Part of Ravelsnips information is correct. The Veyron was not in Europe at all, she is the India Demo car and does not leave the country till its contracted time is complete. She was used in Delhi, Bombay and Hyderabad to rope in prospective buyrs.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:00   #4894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy

Part of Ravelsnips information is correct. The Veyron was not in Europe at all, she is the India Demo car and does not leave the country till its contracted time is complete. She was used in Delhi, Bombay and Hyderabad to rope in prospective buyrs.
Are you trying to imply that the car hasn't left India ever since it arrived for the launch in Delhi? If so is the case, how was it allowed to stay here for such a long time given the fact that it was on Carnet bearing French registration plates?

Even if you're trying to say it's a demo car allotted to India and it hasn't left the country ever since the demo test drives in Mumbai and Hyderabad, care to explain this photo clicked at Goodwood 2012?

Name:  ForumRunner_20120911_115742.png
Views: 9025
Size:  426.7 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail
^Im dead sure about it because i spoke to the owner of exclusive motors. Now i don't understand what more authentic source can one have?? He clearly told me news about people buying a veyron are all fakes. "You mean THE BUGATTI VEYRON? In hyderabad and i don't know it?" These are his exact words when i visited his showroom for a bentley delivery of my friend in delhi.
Alright then, but can't we deny the possibility of a private import?

Last edited by Rosso Corsa : 11th September 2012 at 12:11.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 12:33   #4895
BANNED

Quote:
Are you trying to imply that the car hasn't left India ever since it arrived for the launch in Delhi? If so is the case, how was it allowed to stay here for such a long time given the fact that it was on Carnet bearing French registration plates?

Even if you're trying to say it's a demo car allotted to India and it hasn't left the country ever since the demo test drives in Mumbai and Hyderabad, care to explain this photo clicked at Goodwood 2012?

Attachment 983909

Alright then, but can't we deny the possibility of a private import?

lol. Bro, tell me if im wrong, but when the manufacturer sets up a dealership in your country, aren't you not ALLOWED to import one on your own as per customs act by the union govt?

Even though if the above statement is incorrect, who would take the risk of importing one at such a mammoth cost without having any kind of service warranty, which obviously would be nullified when ur ignoring the local dealer of the manufacturer! If i had that kind of money, i wouldn't import one on my own still.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:41   #4896
BHPian

Quote:

lol. Bro, tell me if im wrong, but when the manufacturer sets up a dealership in your country, aren't you not ALLOWED to import one on your own as per customs act by the union govt?

Even though if the above statement is incorrect, who would take the risk of importing one at such a mammoth cost without having any kind of service warranty, which obviously would be nullified when ur ignoring the local dealer of the manufacturer! If i had that kind of money, i wouldn't import one on my own still.
I was talking of a private import BEFORE the dealership was set up here.
Rosso Corsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 14:27   #4897
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... The Zonda and the Miura came to Mumbai n went back. Do we have any pics? No....
WHAT?!

More details on this please! I haven't seen a single mention of this anywhere on the forum!

cya
R
Old 11th September 2012, 14:58   #4898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The Veyron was not in Europe at all, she is the India Demo car and does not leave the country till its contracted time is complete.
Quote:

As per what was said that the car went and came back is not true, i have mentioned that it does leave the country when its contracted time is complete. Now i am aware that the car was on carnet and for its time here she did not make multiple entries into India, under carnet its not allowed. Finished her term here and then left and then to Goodwood as you have posted. Carnet permits upto 1 yr by taking an extention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
WHAT?!

More details on this please! I haven't seen a single mention of this anywhere on the forum!

cya
R
Rehaan a black Zonda and a yellow Miura. They were kept away from the Forum and hence no mention. The Miura was closer to your residence and belongs to a Parsi gentleman.

Last edited by Rehaan : 11th September 2012 at 17:23. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 11th September 2012, 17:29   #4899
BANNED

Quote:
I was talking of a private import BEFORE the dealership was set up here.
Nope. There was no import prior to the dealership, nor after it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
WHAT?!

cya
R
don't worry about that. Those are just rumors too. No pagani zonda has landed in India so far.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 11th September 2012 at 17:31.
ravelsnip@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2012, 17:42   #4900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
... someone had posted THE photo here and it was pulled down a few mins later, and the post was deleted too. How true is this ?
^ Never heard of anything like this.

This is all i know : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...da-mumbai.html

Anyway, sorry for leading this into unicorn territory. Lets get back on topic

cya
R
Old 11th September 2012, 17:42   #4901
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry about that. Those are just rumors too. No pagani zonda has landed in India so far.
The Zonda landed in India n went back to its parent country as well.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:46   #4902
BANNED

^na i don't buy that rosso. I'm sorry but i have heard enough such stories about CCX too in the past. more over, the zonda is such a Looker, that noone, arguable noone would ever stop from taking a snap of it if they had spotted it on road. And by now, we would have seen it all over the social networking websites and from there onto teambhp by now. What I can tell you is, India's first vanquish is coming to Delhi.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 11th September 2012 at 17:48.
Old 11th September 2012, 17:56   #4903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
^na i don't buy that rosso. I'm sorry but i have heard enough such stories about CCX too in the past. more over, the zonda is such a Looker, that noone, arguable noone would ever stop from taking a snap of it if they had spotted it on road. And by now, we would have seen it all over the social networking websites and from there onto teambhp by now. What I can tell you is, India's first vanquish is coming to Delhi.
There was a CCX. It was actually a CCX-R. But it was a demo-car, I believe. It even featured in the TG India magazine. Can't seem to recall which issue it was.
Old 11th September 2012, 18:00   #4904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
There was a CCX. It was actually a CCX-R. But it was a demo-car, I believe. It even featured in the TG India magazine. Can't seem to recall which issue it was.
I agree. Even I have seen that episode. It was driven or Test Driven at a place very close to my house. The Test Drives were provided on the stretch of road that cuts of from MG road and leads to Faridabad road from Gurgaon. Saw this on TV and that piece of road is easily recognizable.

On a side note, noticed that the Big Boys Toys showroom at MG road was running full with inventory. Saw a yellow Gallardo also there. I think a recent addition. I am assuming that some of Mr. W16's garage might land up here also..

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 11th September 2012 at 18:02.
Old 11th September 2012, 18:03   #4905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra

I agree. Even I have seen that episode. It was driven or Test Driven at a place very close to my house. The Test Drives were provided on the stretch of road that cuts of from MG road and leads to Faridabad road from Gurgaon. Saw this on TV and that piece of road is easily recognizable.
Wasn't that the agera?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks