Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 16:45   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
daler mehndi has a black one too..
He used to live in Vikas Puri earlier on and that near my home. I had seen his black Beetle way back... almost 6-7 yrs ago (as far as I remember). I think he had a Sera too!
Old 17th June 2008, 19:17   #482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
there are currently two white 650i's in delhi ( facelifts with 5 spoke wheels )... one's a coupe and the other's a convetible driven around by a lady
also yesterday saw a silver beetle conv. driven by two young chicks and the mom squeezed in at the back seats.. i know this car is prety old, and seen it at the vv pump once too but how the hell did it come here?? i mean whats the import scheme?? daler mehndi has a black one too..
Well, there might be more. I spotted a grey 650i coupe at Old Rajendra Nagar today evening. The car was hidden behind some tall boy design and it was too late before I could reach for my cybershot.
Old 17th June 2008, 22:01   #483
Senior - BHPian

The white face lifted 650 is owned by my friend who also owns the white M5. He is not liking the M5 much, plans on changing it, but since he is planning on getting the LP640 in a yr or so, he is probably going to keep the M5 and get a exhaust on it. I recommended One and Only Exhaust, but somehow we cant get in touch with company that makes it in japan.

Plus the white 650 wouldnt stay in delhi too long, he is sending it to bombay since he will putting up in bombay half the time and needs a nice car to have fun with there..
Old 17th June 2008, 22:09   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
The white face lifted 650 is owned by my friend who also owns the white M5. He is not liking the M5 much, plans on changing it, but since he is planning on getting the LP640 in a yr or so, he is probably going to keep the M5 and get a exhaust on it. I recommended One and Only Exhaust, but somehow we cant get in touch with company that makes it in japan.

Plus the white 650 wouldnt stay in delhi too long, he is sending it to bombay since he will putting up in bombay half the time and needs a nice car to have fun with there..

Wow.. A 650i and the M5 and he doesn't like the M5? Thats new.
I was under the impression that the M5 was a fantabulous car.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:39   #485
BHPian

I feel if he did not like the M5 he'll end up not liking the 650i as well.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:08   #486
BHPian

have seen a red beetle lots of times around chirag delhi , there is a blue 6 series as well plus there is a new white 911 turbo in GK2
Old 18th June 2008, 22:16   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
I feel if he did not like the M5 he'll end up not liking the 650i as well.
he likes the 650, the reason he didnt get the M6 was because of the transmission i think, he said the M5 was too jerky a transmission to own in streets of delhi. He is the same guy who has the CLS 350 white, Q7 with (i forgot which make) kit white and will most likely get a white LP640 in a yr or so..i am steering him away from 640 and telling him to get the LP560-4 with Heffners Twin Turbos producing 1000+ awhp but he just goes crazy when he sees the LP640..oh well..I think the G would be a more drivable car than the LP..
Old 18th June 2008, 22:23   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
he likes the 650, the reason he didnt get the M6 was because of the transmission i think, he said the M5 was too jerky a transmission to own in streets of delhi. He is the same guy who has the CLS 350 white, Q7 with (i forgot which make) kit white and will most likely get a white LP640 in a yr or so..i am steering him away from 640 and telling him to get the LP560-4 with Heffners Twin Turbos producing 1000+ awhp but he just goes crazy when he sees the LP640..oh well..I think the G would be a more drivable car than the LP..

A Heffner TT would be a fantastic car to have . I was in talks with Heffner at Florida my self for my LP . Yep, thats right , a TT LP. He said it would probably be the first of its kind here in SE Asia.

If you have read up on Heffner cars and their issues at 6Speed, you would, in my most humble opinion, steer your friend away from getting that done to the oh-so- beautiful 560. Reason being, that , although rare, but there have been cases of malfunctioning Turbo's or inadequate cooling (This came from the guy who got the first TT G from Heff). That would lead to major issues regarding servicing as well, as ,to be honest, Heff does not have a major network in the US as well. So your friend would have to send the car to US for repairs as such (this is what little I know, may be it might be different now as I had talks with him last year).

Just my 2 cents worth. I'd still recommend the LP though as I can tell from my exp (very soon,from ownership exp) that it would be a fab car to drive.

Edit - He found the tranny jerky? On slow speeds I guess. That is a bummer , man! The M5 has the DSG and the LP the SMG. DSG shifts better and smoother.
It would be a tougher time in the LP as tranny changes frequently in the LP would be no different. Recommend a wait and then getting hands on the Ferrari California (I might do that my self) , or getting the LP and then the California GT.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 18th June 2008 at 22:25.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:47   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
A Heffner TT would be a fantastic car to have . I was in talks with Heffner at Florida my self for my LP . Yep, thats right , a TT LP. He said it would probably be the first of its kind here in SE Asia.

If you have read up on Heffner cars and their issues at 6Speed, you would, in my most humble opinion, steer your friend away from getting that done to the oh-so- beautiful 560. Reason being, that , although rare, but there have been cases of malfunctioning Turbo's or inadequate cooling (This came from the guy who got the first TT G from Heff). That would lead to major issues regarding servicing as well, as ,to be honest, Heff does not have a major network in the US as well. So your friend would have to send the car to US for repairs as such (this is what little I know, may be it might be different now as I had talks with him last year).

Just my 2 cents worth. I'd still recommend the LP though as I can tell from my exp (very soon,from ownership exp) that it would be a fab car to drive.

Edit - He found the tranny jerky? On slow speeds I guess. That is a bummer , man! The M5 has the DSG and the LP the SMG. DSG shifts better and smoother.
It would be a tougher time in the LP as tranny changes frequently in the LP would be no different. Recommend a wait and then getting hands on the Ferrari California (I might do that my self) , or getting the LP and then the California GT.
I think you have this 6speed guy confused with someone else who tried to copy heff's turbo design for 1/2 the price. I am in good talks with 10-11 guys who have G-TT and have been putting miles on it no end. Check out lambopower. The mod there is just in the process of converting his G into a TT and is documenting it. There are atleast 5-6 owners on lambopower who own the TT, there have been no issues and the original owner who got the TT done, wayne is on his second TT car with a combined mileage of about 40,000 or even more i think..which is more than my friend would drive if he had gotten this car..oh well its a car on my list to do as well..hopefully wouldnt be long..
Old 19th June 2008, 00:07   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think you have this 6speed guy confused with someone else who tried to copy heff's turbo design for 1/2 the price. I am in good talks with 10-11 guys who have G-TT and have been putting miles on it no end. Check out lambopower. The mod there is just in the process of converting his G into a TT and is documenting it. There are atleast 5-6 owners on lambopower who own the TT, there have been no issues and the original owner who got the TT done, wayne is on his second TT car with a combined mileage of about 40,000 or even more i think..which is more than my friend would drive if he had gotten this car..oh well its a car on my list to do as well..hopefully wouldnt be long..
Nope, I wasn't confusing any one with any one .. Twin turbo Spider Raod trip done.... - 6speedonline.com Forums Check that. Like I said, the malfunctions are rare , but do happen. Good luck to your friend and good collection.
Old 19th June 2008, 01:19   #491
Senior - BHPian

ECK - The M5 is not a DSG, it's a SMG.
Old 19th June 2008, 02:23   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, I wasn't confusing any one with any one .. Twin turbo Spider Raod trip done.... - 6speedonline.com Forums Check that. Like I said, the malfunctions are rare , but do happen. Good luck to your friend and good collection.
yeah thats waynes car, he was picking it up after a fresh install. Anything can go wrong with the install, but if you speak to him, he has nothing but awesome things to say about the car. Mr. Vroom is also a VI G SE TT owner. Its a one off instance. This shouldnt deter you, if you really want this car. I would send some competent tech along with the car who heff can train to service in india for you. I am telling you, there will nothing else you would drive if you have driven one of these..
Old 19th June 2008, 10:53   #493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
ECK - The M5 is not a DSG, it's a SMG.

My bad. Apologies.

I was under the impression that DSG was standard on the M spec BMW cars. It is on the new M3 , yes?

In that case, the LP would be as jerky, if not less. The updates transmission might be a little smoother. Will give inputs once I drive it. 2 Weeks to go from today!
Old 19th June 2008, 12:28   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was under the impression that DSG was standard on the M spec BMW cars. It is on the new M3 , yes?

In that case, the LP would be as jerky, if not less. The updates transmission might be a little smoother. Will give inputs once I drive it. 2 Weeks to go from today!
Only on the new M3, it's just been introduced.

And congratulations about the LP, have fun!
Old 19th June 2008, 17:05   #495
Maranello

heffner performance

Quote:
sorry but i think you've got it wrong.the heffner TT produces around 800 awhp thats it. not a 1000+ and heffner has had a lot of trouble with their clutches burning up. so its not a completely reliable build. and clutches in a lamborghini dont come cheap!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks