Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 10:35   #5011
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Corsa View Post
By revoking a license, I meant making a public declaration that the particular dealer is no longer an official dealer for that brand. Ex - what happened with Shreyans Audi Showroom. I don't know the details, but something similar has happened with the original Porsche Centre in South Mumbai, which is why Aadya Group has the newer Centre.

I said this because the Ferrari dealership was alloted to Shreyans as far as Mumbai is concerned but now the Ferrari management has cancelled the allotment AFAIK.
There is no license involved when you are appointed a dealership..its a contract signed and when it expires the Manufacturer has the power to either renew the contract or not based on performance. In the case of Shreyans Both Audi and Porsche both did not renew the contract and terminated the dealership.

Ferrari had allready given the dealership to Shreyans for Delhi and Mumbai but put Mumbai on hold till Delhi operations could be set up properly, seeing the Delhi performance Ferrari put Bombay on hold. Now i see a new dealer itself being appointed..

Quote:
Yes, some reporter from Overdrive tweeted it as far as I remember. The Delhi Dealership news came this morning from The Complete Man's Twitter account
2014 is when Mclaren would consider looking at opening shop in India and that too after their 35 dealerships worldwide are operational..this is as per Mclaren management itself and not via a tweet.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:41   #5012
Senior - BHPian

Some HOT news.

Sources tell me a particular orange Lamborghini Aventador from New Delhi with Chrome ADV1 wheels has been wrapped Gold Chrome.Is it true?
Now that will be a hoot to see on the road.
Delhi guys,pictures please.

Last edited by cityvic : 27th December 2012 at 11:57.
Old 27th December 2012, 11:53   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Some HOT news.
Sources tell me a particular orange Lamborghini Aventador from New Delhi with Chrome ADV1 wheels has been wrapped Gold Chrome.
VJ's ride. Looks like everyone is following suit with the Chrome wrapped R8 from Bengaluru!
Old 27th December 2012, 12:23   #5014
BANNED

Quote:
Some HOT news.

Sources tell me a particular orange Lamborghini Aventador from New Delhi with Chrome ADV1 wheels has been wrapped Gold Chrome.Is it true?
I highly doubt on this news and the car is no more running on ADV.1 wheels !
Old 27th December 2012, 19:32   #5015
BHPian

Quote:
Some HOT news.

That's definitely a rumor, and yeah the car is no more running on the ADV1's, Saw it rolling few days back only !
Here's a picture of the car, it has now got the stock rims painted..Looks amazing
Via- https://www.facebook.com/HarshiGuptaPhotography
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-703918_505964716092345_456757975_o.jpg
Sportygellar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2012, 19:47   #5016
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VJ's ride. Looks like everyone is following suit with the Chrome wrapped R8 from Bengaluru!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedismail View Post
I highly doubt on this news and the car is no more running on ADV.1 wheels !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
That's definitely a rumor, and yeah the car is no more running on the ADV1's, Saw it rolling few days back only !
Here's a picture of the car, it has now got the stock rims painted..Looks amazing
Via- https://www.facebook.com/HarshiGuptaPhotography
Attachment 1031552
Thanks for confirming.
I myself was not sure about this hence asked if it was true or not?
Old 27th December 2012, 22:55   #5017
BHPian

Quote:

I Believe it was the Chrome-Wrapped M-Kitted BMW 5 Series by Motor-Mind in Bangalore which started the trend of Wrapping Cars in Chrome Vinyl, then came the R8.

Regards,
sanojrawap.
sanojrawap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2012, 08:18   #5018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post

I Believe it was the Chrome-Wrapped M-Kitted BMW 5 Series by Motor-Mind in Bangalore which started the trend of Wrapping Cars in Chrome Vinyl, then came the R8.

Regards,
sanojrawap.
True that, but the 5 series wasn't exactly an eye turner as far as chrome is concerned. People called it fugly n weird and forgot it the next day. So wasn't the case with the R8.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:03   #5019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
True that, but the 5 series wasn't exactly an eye turner as far as chrome is concerned. People called it fugly n weird and forgot it the next day. So wasn't the case with the R8.
The SL55 from Mumbai got chrome wrapped atleast 2 years back. I am surprised there are no pictures of it here.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:48   #5020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot View Post

The SL55 from Mumbai got chrome wrapped atleast 2 years back. I am surprised there are no pictures of it here.
From what I know, there was some problem with the wrap and it was removed shortly. I'm not sure about this, feel free to correct me. Speedy can tell better about this case.
Old 28th December 2012, 12:54   #5021
BHPian

Im really not a big fan of the chrome wrapping trend. I feel they take away the look of the car. Its a pretty tasteless thing to do especially on such cars in my opinion.
Old 28th December 2012, 14:28   #5022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBhadwar View Post
Im really not a big fan of the chrome wrapping trend. I feel they take away the look of the car. Its a pretty tasteless thing to do especially on such cars in my opinion.
It all depends on what car you wrap in Chrome, the wheels etc. If the combination just isn't right, it looks as ugly as a classic American with a lowered ride height and too much chrome parts.
Old 29th December 2012, 16:05   #5023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanojrawap View Post

Regards,
sanojrawap.
Exactly.The beemer was the first one to be wrapped.But it isnt a exotic car and hence looks a bit of a overdo!!!But the R8 is a mean looking supercar.Hence you can go mad with the looks and the colour which only adds to the point of having a supercar!!!2nd Look guaranteed.And as far as the chrome wrapping is concerned ofcourse the colour isnt subtle but looks striking.Especially the gold,red and metalic blue wraps were something i realy loved.So we all here will love to see some more wrappings in chrome colours.
Can we have some pics of the wrapped Mercedes???
Old 29th December 2012, 18:48   #5024
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Silver Cadillac STS in the morning at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi... could not take pictures, as I was driving & the car was coming from the opposite side.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 29th December 2012 at 18:49.
Old 1st January 2013, 13:41   #5025
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a red BMW Z4.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-20121231_140043.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks