Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 16:48   #1291
BHPian

That's actually not true...In the world of business, these things will always be a depreciating investment, it's got no vintage, and well no novelty factor either. A famous builder here in Mumbai has been struggling to sell his old gen gallardo spyder for quite a few months, car has barely done 1000KM, price is 2.25 [New was 2.5XX]. Not even 1 offer in all these months.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:51   #1292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
I bet quite a few will line up to buy it for the sole reason that it was driven by a member of the AB clan.

Haha! A souvenir to say the least!
Old 7th April 2009, 20:17   #1293
BHPian

Hi guys saw a Bentley Conti GT (Dont know if it was GT speed or not) near Bangla Sahib Gurudwara. I clicked some pics and will try to upload it later tonite. It had a VIP number registered in Ludhiyana (PB08)
Old 7th April 2009, 20:55   #1294
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
Hi guys saw a Bentley Conti GT (Dont know if it was GT speed or not) near Bangla Sahib Gurudwara. I clicked some pics and will try to upload it later tonite. It had a VIP number registered in Ludhiyana (PB08)
yes the 0001 GT speed white. would like to see pictures. One of the few cars you could drive very often on indian roads regularly and without worrying about ground clearence etc.
Old 8th April 2009, 10:58   #1295
BHPian

Same Lambo, Spotted in vasant vihar, yesterday or 2 days ago, didnt get the time so uploading it now.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-06042009320.jpg  

Old 8th April 2009, 12:14   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Ludhiana Registration series is PB - 10 not PB 08
PB 08 is for Jallandhar.
Old 8th April 2009, 14:03   #1297
Senior - BHPian

one more pic of the Murcielago !
got it from a friend , he didn't take this snap
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-m..jpg  

Old 9th April 2009, 00:21   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
I bet quite a few will line up to buy it for the sole reason that it was driven by a member of the AB clan.
I don't think a person who can afford to buy an LP640 would consider himself inferior to the Bachchans(marvels of image building and marketing).
Old 9th April 2009, 00:43   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
I don't think a person who can afford to buy an LP640 would consider himself inferior to the Bachchans(marvels of image building and marketing).
You seem to be missing the bigger picture. Some disgustingly affluent individuals still worship filmstars on a demigod-like level. To own something which once belonged to someone they happen to adore so much is quite often the case. Besides, ignore the actual tycoons themselves, who may not be the image building or marketing marvellers. Think of their son or daughter - the one who happens to be a big fan of AB Jr, the one who would want an LP640 purely to create envy amongst his/her friend's circle because it was once Bollywood property. If the money's there, a 2 crore sunk cost towards the happiness of a child is no biggie. It happens.

Finally, AB's ex car is a kitted out LP640 'on the rocks' :P Why is it that the red Spiderman Murci gets passed around so much? It's because people don't really want to go through the waiting lists like ecks did. The car's in India. It belonged to a celebrity. It's good to go. Just one cost to endure. Several folk would certainly be interested, to say the very least.

Last edited by aniguchisan : 9th April 2009 at 00:46.
Old 9th April 2009, 10:28   #1300
Senior - BHPian

aniguchisan you are right but these days things are changing and fast, many ex filmstar cars in Mumbai are up for sale no such thing as a premuim like Docg pointed out infact since these cars in most cases are not driven well or even maintained properly get even less than similar cars. Infact the latest scare is that most of these (I believe 100%) have evaded some sort of duty so can be a handful if DRI gets on it. I know people who received notices at their addresses for the same. Even reputed dealer the one you mentioned have evaded duty by undervaluing/not showing the options on these cars.

12 to 24 months ago if you asked for a quotation on them you got it on paper with a verbal explanation towards the same. In fact I was told the same when considering a Disco and that this practice is common with all read all the imports. So as per imports norms I was told to pay base version price in that currency (as per RBI guidelines) and the rest (options cost) had to paid in India (not inculding the duty which has to be paid directly) So anyone who can spend 2 crores can and will stretch another 50 lacs to 1 crore and get a new one as there is a 100% garantee it will remain with you and not be impounded!!

Come to think of it I wonder why these cars mostly not more than 12 months old are being sold are they getting Veryons to keep up with the image?

Last edited by canonball : 9th April 2009 at 10:34.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:42   #1301
Senior - BHPian

Completely agree on those aspects too. Several notorious tax-evasion scandals exist. My idea was never about the premium on this car, but simply the fact that if this car was marketed under the umbrella of facts that it was possessed in the Bachchan 'khandaan', it is likely to sell quicker. At the end of the day, it's really just my two cents, though I feel it's somewhat logical.
Old 9th April 2009, 12:59   #1302
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you, but sending the car all the way to delhi seems odd, and not trying mumbia first? Would have heard about it if it was for sale in Mumbai anyway let see what happens All you and I can do is watch the fun as we both know what is the right path to walk on and what is'nt. I am sure you or I will never be in such a predicament from what i read through your other posts. cheers mate
Old 9th April 2009, 13:14   #1303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I agree with you, but sending the car all the way to delhi seems odd, and not trying mumbia first? Would have heard about it if it was for sale in Mumbai anyway let see what happens All you and I can do is watch the fun as we both know what is the right path to walk on and what is'nt. I am sure you or I will never be in such a predicament from what i read through your other posts. cheers mate
Bingo. One additional reason may be that people in the city of Mumbai are less star struck on an average basis.

Old 9th April 2009, 14:55   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Mumbai still has the bizarre cult called "Page 3" just like your gardern variety waco texas, heaven's gate etc etc you know what I am saying and by god they really take themselves very very seriously man so much so that as your rightly said rest of mumbai has now started finding them/it funny almost cartoon like if you get my drift
Old 9th April 2009, 20:19   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
OT: Ludhiana is PB10 , Jallandhar is PB08

Most Viewed