Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2012, 18:00   #5281
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Long time resident of Chennai. Belongs to the popular private hospital chain
Oh ok thanks. But my friend told me it was DL registered. I have spotted the TN registered Bentley several times. Spotted it last Saturday near Anna Arch

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-c360_20120922160555.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-c360_20120922160604.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-c360_20120922160631.jpg

Also spotted this Jag XF along at the sametime . It was heading into Nelson Manickam Road. I have spotted this Jag before in TTK road also . What made me curious is the S badge (to the right side of the boot) . Is this a Jag XF S or the S is just that - a badge ?

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-c360_20120922160540.jpg
Old 28th September 2012, 18:12   #5282
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_Ganesh View Post
Also spotted this Jag XF along at the sametime . It was heading into Nelson Manickam Road. I have spotted this Jag before in TTK road also . What made me curious is the S badge (to the right side of the boot) . Is this a Jag XF S or the S is just that - a badge ?
The XF-S badge is an indication that it's powered by the 3.0 V6 diesel unit. The V8 petrol has the mainstream XF badge while the XF-R is powered by the same V8 petrol unit, expect it's supercharged.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 19:39   #5283
BHPian

Quote:
Using the Lamborghini to the fullest. Harris rocks!!!!

@Turbojc - you should've managed a snap of the car on wind swept and rain drenched roads...

@Sivasankar: I was riding bro, so I couldn't take a snap. I noticed something though. When he went over a bad patch of road (right in front of Park Hotel), the whole car juddered hard. There seemed to be no suspension action whatsoever. Could the ride in a Gallardo really be that hard, or was he driving it with the suspension set to track mode??
Old 29th September 2012, 09:29   #5284
BHPian

Is there a red Audi RS5 in town. I remember spotting one coming in from Chennai By-Pass and heading to Ambattur at Wavin Junction (Moggapair)

I had seen a black RS5 some weeks back on Mount Road next to Hyatt , but it was un-registered
Old 29th September 2012, 22:44   #5285
BHPian

Jaguar XKR

A car which is seen occasionally was out today.... A good polishing would have made the car shimmer...
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-jagxkr_29thsep2012_1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-jagxkr_29thsep2012_2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-jagxkr_29thsep2012_3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-jagxkr_29thsep2012_4.jpg  

Sivasankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2012, 23:04   #5286
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow! Not keeping up with such things, I had no idea that they currently made such beautiful cars. Sparkles enough for me!
Old 29th September 2012, 23:34   #5287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree_Ganesh View Post
Is there a red Audi RS5 in town. I remember spotting one coming in from Chennai By-Pass and heading to Ambattur at Wavin Junction (Moggapair)

I had seen a black RS5 some weeks back on Mount Road next to Hyatt , but it was un-registered

I've seen 3 RS5's . Black,white and red . There are photos of the red in this thread .

P.S : went to Electra Performance and saw two of my all time favourite cars ! A silver Supra and a black R33 Skyline GT-R ! Amazing vehicles , sadly couldn't hear them !
Old 30th September 2012, 16:29   #5288
BHPian

Wonderful half an hour of spotting today ,

1. PY regd Dark maroon CFS on Chamiers Road.
2. PY regd Silver/Grey C63 with 63 number on TTK Road.
3. Maserati Gran Cabrio on the Flyover opposite Zara's.

The Maser was being revved hard but the C63's burbling exhaust note was much better IMO .Couldn't click any pics as I was driving :( .
Old 30th September 2012, 20:16   #5289
BHPian

@ diffuser - Unfortunate that you missed snapping the Gran Cabrio. Was it a purple coloured car? Its rarely seen on the roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffuser View Post
Wonderful half an hour of spotting today ,

1. PY regd Dark maroon CFS on Chamiers Road.
2. PY regd Silver/Grey C63 with 63 number on TTK Road.
3. Maserati Gran Cabrio on the Flyover opposite Zara's.

The Maser was being revved hard but the C63's burbling exhaust note was much better IMO .Couldn't click any pics as I was driving :( .
Old 30th September 2012, 21:21   #5290
BHPian

Quote:
@ diffuser - Unfortunate that you missed snapping the Gran Cabrio. Was it a purple coloured car? Its rarely seen on the roads.
No . It was a white Gran Cabrio with a black roof . Its a fairly new addition . The last time I saw the garage they had a new A8 3.0 TDi , W220 S (320 I think) , a DC modified Merc , ugly IMO ( Gold and black ) , A TLC and other normal cars .
Old 2nd October 2012, 12:20   #5291
BHPian

Spotted this PY registered BMW 5 GT at Gemini Flyover yesterday morning
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-c360_20121001091446_org.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2012, 13:01   #5292
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jaguar XKR

Quote:
A car which is seen occasionally was out today.... A good polishing would have made the car shimmer...
If am correct this belongs to my batch mate. Think it was MH reg and got it reg here in chennai. Remember seeing the car during my college days. Got a good garage.
Old 3rd October 2012, 21:39   #5293
BHPian

Went back to Electra today and managed to take a couple of crappy pics of the Supra ( sorry) and the R33 GTR V-Spec was under a cover so could only take one of the logo on the front grill . I also took a photo of the old engine which blew up and is now being used as a centerpiece in their waiting area . I think both the cars belong to fellow BHPian Skymac and the GTR is up for sale ! I will try for better pics and details on Friday when I go to collect my car .

The crappy pics of the Supra
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-altaulicux6en7hhrqnwmzy_aijxy4xzcdluvjju3ezixpv.jpg
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-altaymdnwfz4cnpmqkh5qedzikx4ziewhpexffvbuxgz_sy.jpg

The R33 GTR and its old engine
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-altawi7uhk7qf_6xtfwyld5sgyfpnotx2ugvzjtwc1iwdnp.jpgSupercars & Imports : Chennai-altab4bucuhmhkeeb6tddtwj3qrsr_murxaxcinpuu7ph6y.jpg
diffuser is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2012, 08:45   #5294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffuser
Went back to Electra today and managed to take a couple of crappy pics of the Supra ( sorry) and the R33 GTR V-Spec was under a cover so could only take one of the logo on the front grill . I also took a photo of the old engine which blew up and is now being used as a centerpiece in their waiting area . I think both the cars belong to fellow BHPian Skymac and the GTR is up for sale ! I will try for better pics and details on Friday when I go to collect my car .

The crappy pics of the Supra

The R33 GTR and its old engine
Where was this? I have actually seen a KA registered Red Supra near my place an year ago!

Which GTR? The skyline or the new one??
Old 4th October 2012, 18:31   #5295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Where was this? I have actually seen a KA registered Red Supra near my place an year ago!

Which GTR? The skyline or the new one??
Electra Performance is on OMR just before the Maruti Showroom . That red supra ( from bangalore I think ) had some after market bits on it and if my memory serves me right our ace photographer manish had put some pics of it last year .

The R33 GTR is the old Skyline like the R32 and R34 . The R35 is the new one . The one I've posted the pics of is a special edition , more details in this thread . http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/80642-nissan-skyline-r33-gt-r-v-spec-chennai.html

Regards,
Balaji

Last edited by diffuser : 4th October 2012 at 18:34. Reason: added link
diffuser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks