Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2009, 09:38   #586
BHPian

The Superleggera was at Marina Beach this morning; the same guy normally comes to the beach in his dark green 7 series diesel. Any idea who this chap is? He must be having many more at home I guess!
Old 14th February 2009, 11:59   #587
Senior - BHPian

Mr. Headers, Hanmust has a lot of knowledge at times intimate details of imports into the country we have never heard of you before so I tend to believe him as he has been accurate in the past unless you have some relaible counter info what you have done so far is given a very vague rejoinder at best showing you have some knowledge. I wonder if you are affliated to the parties mentioned.

Sir I would stick that BS comment if you get my drift as I have not solicited any opinion on the remarks I made of TVS and India.

Last edited by canonball : 14th February 2009 at 12:05.
Old 14th February 2009, 17:43   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Mr. Headers, Hanmust has a lot of knowledge at times intimate details of imports into the country we have never heard of you before so I tend to believe him as he has been accurate in the past unless you have some relaible counter info what you have done so far is given a very vague rejoinder at best showing you have some knowledge. I wonder if you are affliated to the parties mentioned.

Sir I would stick that BS comment if you get my drift as I have not solicited any opinion on the remarks I made of TVS and India.
@canonball: Friend, what i meant is one cannot adjust customs and get a imported car out of india, period.

I did not mean to offend anyone, nor am i connected with any parties mentioned.

But I definitely do have some experience in trying to get our ancestral cars restored out of India, in vain. I'm a member of the Madras Heritage Motoring Club, which has some nice vintage beauties. Some well connected members too have tried to take the cars abroad in vain. Hence the BS on the suggestion. Sorry for the rude remark.
Old 14th February 2009, 18:00   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
This can only be done IFF:

it is a company car having a branch abroad, then one can transfer the car abroad, by paying some duties alone..

Then work can be done abroad and you can retransfer the vehicle back to the base branch!

Yes you can, if you have a company of repute here and in the country where you want to ship the vehicle too!

Sir, are you sure..Cos I highly doubt the same.

Sir, i think thats BS..
Ya, it might be true, as I got the news from two reliable source.

1. One of my best friend who too has got a 88 300GD in Chennai had discussed me regarding the taking his G to abroad & re-import a newer one & when I asked him if its possible, he quoted me two incidence of as I mentioned above. But later he dropped the idea as he didn't want to sell of his robust 300GD. He is still looking to get a newer G.

2. THe same story was also told by a famous super car mechanic who maintain the B'lore guys cars. He has a close contact with him & there is less chance for him to be wrong.
Old 14th February 2009, 23:41   #590
Senior - BHPian

I'm yet to spot the superleggera. I spotted these at the MMSC Track on Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mmsc-012-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mmsc-045-large.jpg  

Old 14th February 2009, 23:51   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatnite View Post
I'm yet to spot the superleggera. I spotted these at the MMSC Track on Friday.
What car is that in second pic. looks like a nissan model.
Old 15th February 2009, 00:07   #592
Senior - BHPian

That's a Nissan Patrol. I'm sure A S H V I N is drooling by now!
Old 15th February 2009, 00:10   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
What car is that in second pic. looks like a nissan model.
It is a Nissan Patrol Y60 series.

Last edited by badboyscad : 15th February 2009 at 00:11.
Old 15th February 2009, 10:48   #594
Senior - BHPian

See, what I spotted in chennai roads yeaterday. A view from worlds first SUV to the lastest modern suv from a German maker, A Volkswagen Touareg V6.

Team-BHP Support Note : Please go through the Rules to be strictly followed while posting in the Supercar and Imports section .
  • Number plates must be blanked out while posting pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-2.jpg  

Last edited by v12 : 15th February 2009 at 11:45.
Old 15th February 2009, 20:32   #595
Senior - BHPian

^^^^

Unusual find. Here's some from me.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mmsc-141-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mmsc-152-large.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mmsc-163-large.jpg  

Old 16th February 2009, 11:41   #596

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivred View Post
no it was registered.and the number was also really good..some business guy was driving he was old!!!..
Age is ofcourse a relative thing but the "old guy" is a former F3 racer!
Old 16th February 2009, 14:30   #597
Senior - BHPian

Ok diesel got it must tell you though there are ton's of cars which have inaccurate papers so your well connected freinds may be too polished to get down to the levels I have seen. Anything was possible in customes like our very own BMC in Maharashtra until the DRI has tightened the screws. You will be shocked at the kind of cars and their papers and what the importer did to get them through, some cars are even chopped into 4 to 6 pieces just to get them in and then rotate the RTO papers between states to distance or stay arms lenght from the trail.

I wonder why you want to have your restoration done abroad as we have the best here so much so that some folks in England have already brought down their antiques and classics cars form england into India and rexported them after getting restored as we still have craftsman who can rebuild cars with old technique not mention at cheaper rates. One gentleman shipped his bentley (1 or 2 years ago) to Indore for 4 to 6 months got the entire car fixed there and reshipped it back he has wesite dedicated to this google it!
Old 16th February 2009, 15:07   #598
Senior - BHPian

@canonball: Thank you sir, BTW, my handle is Headers and my name is Vikram.

Thanks for educating the chopping of cars bit as well as the restoration parts bit. Now Can you help me service an SU carburettor?

Oh BTW, I rarely access a computer..what is google?
Old 16th February 2009, 16:48   #599
BHPian

Saw the all new 7 series on saturday near Nungambakkam. I never knew the new 7 series is already out. Im not too sure if I liked it or not. Looks more like a monster with bulgy eyes than an executive beemer.
Old 16th February 2009, 17:00   #600
Senior - BHPian

Vikram,

Yes Panchal and my friend Mahesh Pavale (Worked De Dion - 1902, Lancia Lambda 1935 complete engine rebuild fabricated valve/guides, 1927 - MB 500K Supercharged - complete overhual - MB Germany refused to repair the oil pump Mahesh fixed it) in mumbai can do SU carburrettors. Importantly need to know which car is it from (double or single type) and what is the choke size? He can even fabricate missing parts but needs to see pics before committing.

Let me know Sir if you want them apples.

Last edited by canonball : 16th February 2009 at 17:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks