Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 19:29   #6706
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Spotted a Yellow MH registered Ford Mustang in my apartment complex in Thoraipakkam over the weekend

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mustang-1.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-mustang-2.jpg
Seek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 22:01   #6707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Spotted a Yellow MH registered Ford Mustang in my apartment complex in Thoraipakkam over the weekend
Spotted the same Mustang near thoraipakkam couple of weeks back
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-1486917060893.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-1486917077875.jpg  

Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 11:20   #6708
BHPian

I have seen this Yellow mustang many times, I believe the stable for this horse is in Perungudi.
Old 19th February 2017, 21:22   #6709
BHPian

Guys,

Just saw a Maybach S500 in Arcot Road, in a Blue shade. It was going towards valluvar kottam. It was awesome. Since I was driving a motorcycle, couldn't take a picture though.

Barath
Old 21st February 2017, 11:11   #6710
Senior - BHPian

Two very special cars.

Porsche GT3RS and Ferrari 488 GTB
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-untitled-1-17.jpg  

manishasrani is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 10:07   #6711
BHPian

Just got this on my feed. Not masking plates since this is from the news.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-screen-shot-20170226-10.05.43.png  

Old 26th February 2017, 11:28   #6712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshanker View Post
Just got this on my feed. Not masking plates since this is from the news.
Expected this to happen sooner, I usually go for weekend rides with my riding buddies and people who do business or live close to these roads just hate weekend riders. Once we stopped to ask for some directions only to be abused by some locals saying we were racing and disturbing them,we were on a KTM, CI bullet which can't cross 80 and an activa! Imagine their perception of these high-end machines. Cops might have received numerous complains and taken action based on that.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2017, 22:07   #6713
BHPian

Seems they were all racing in speed north of 150 km/hr. Money can buy you these exotics but not common sense.

As per ndtv
Taken together, the price of the cars is likely to cross Rs 30 crore. Among them was a Mercedes Benz AMG GT costing around Rs 4 crore, a Lamborghini Huracan available at Rs 4 crore and a Lamborghini Aventador, sold in India for nearly Rs 5 crore.

Source
http://m.ndtv.com/chennai-news/fast-...r-race-1663724
Old 27th February 2017, 01:48   #6714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids1811 View Post
Seems they were all racing in speed north of 150 km/hr. Money can buy you these exotics but not common sense.
While it does happen that people do abuse these cars on public roads, I do not fully believe all the claims by the police.
Something on the same lines happened to me and couple of friends. 4 bikes and a car. An R6, a z800, a Harley superlow, a duke 390 and my s60. We weren't speeding. Forget speeding, two of our bikes actually had issues. The R6 was overheating and the z800 had metal tread showing on the rear tire. We went for a small ride early Sunday morning. While on the way back we were stopped at a toll plaza. All cell phones were confiscated and we were taken to a nearby police station claiming that locals had lodged a complaint that we were racing on the road. They did not allow us to call anyone even to notify our families that we were safe. Luckily my Apple Watch was connected to my phone and I was able to send a message out. While we were released the same day our vehicles were impounded for the night and we had to go to court to pay a fine and and even after all that the police guy wanted a bribe to release our vehicles.

We were later on told that a week prior to the incident some local newspaper ran an article that the cops were ineffective in that area. So probably to prove something they decided to catch whoever they could. They had no proof of anything. They informed us that the complaint was lodged at 6:30am. We had not reached the toll plaza till 7:20. I even had the ticket to prove it. I made the mistake of giving that to the SI to prove that we were innocent. They turned it around on us in the news that the toll ticket was proof that we had crossed the plaza and that they had to chase us and catch us while in reality we stopped when they asked us to stop. Best part there were two of us in the car. Since they had to charge my friend with something they said both of us took turns driving. The guy does not have a license nor does he even know how to drive They even had a problem with the riders wearing protective gear. Their reasoning was that they were wearing gear only because we were racing.

After being in almost a similar situation I feel people who are able to afford big bikes or cars are being vilified whether they have committed the crime or not. I might be wrong but that's what happened to me and that's how I feel.

Last edited by civ4647 : 27th February 2017 at 02:14.
civ4647 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 03:46   #6715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civ4647 View Post
... ... ... I might be wrong but that's what happened to me and that's how I feel.
I'm sure there are people who feel that wealth puts them beyond the law, and act accordingly --- but your account is very distressing. Those officers are supposed to keep roads safe, instead of which they were putting on theatrical events.

Thanks for your post.
Old 27th February 2017, 10:10   #6716
BHPian

I feel its a case of the Traffic Police acting at the behest of influential people rather than the locals. Some of the cops in the video can be seen entertaining themselves shooting photos of the cars.

They turn a blind eye to errant local politicians in Scorpios, Innovas and Pajeros. They don't bother about slow over laden LCVs hogging the fast lane.

But I wonder how none of the Madras Piston Heads members couldn't wield enough influence to close the situation.
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 10:45   #6717
BHPian

Adding some further information regarding the supercars stopped by the cops. What do you have to be/do in this country to not get harassed at every turn?

SOURCE

Quote:
CHENNAI: A fleet of luxury racecars and a road made for a driver to step hard on the gas. But were the drivers of the vehicles involved in a test of speed?
The jury's out on that. But police officers who impounded 10 high-end luxury cars including marques like Porsche, Lamborghini and Ferrari on East Coast Road (ECR) on Sunday insisted they were. They have charged the drivers with speeding and endangerment to life.

But the youngsters in the cars, stopped on a stretch near Akkarai, claimed that they were within the speed limit of 60kmph on the section infamous for drag racing. They said they were heading to a breakfast event that a car company had organised for luxery vehicle owners.

It did not help their contention that the Lamborghini of one of the youngsters, who traffic police investigators identified as Raghav Krishnan, reportedly ran over the foot of a police inspector. Krishnan also failed to stop when police flagged him down. The Neelankarai traffic enforcement police booked him under IPC sections 336 (endangering life) and 506 (criminal intimidation).
An officer said police had proof that the cars were speeding. One of youngsters whose car police impounded, however, said the engines of the racecars sounded loud even if they were moving only at 50kmph.

"We were conducting checks on East Coast Road on complaints from residents of localities along the highway that youngsters were racing cars and motorcycles," Neelankarai traffic police inspector Soundararajan said, adding that a biker died while racing with a friend near Mahabalipuram on Saturday. "The complainants said the youngsters posed a danger to pedestrians,"
A member of the police team said when officers attempted to halt the cars at 6.30am, most of the drivers refused to comply. "The team called in reinforcements and senior officers deployed a larger force to stop the cars at Uthandi toll gate," he said.
"We saw 10 cars speeding on the stretch," the officer said. "Once we finally forced them to halt, the drivers of the vehicles refused to show us the documentation for the vehicles and also refused to cooperate with us."
After police impounded the high-end cars, they lined them up near Uthandi for nearly four hours. That created an all-round spectacle, with passersby stopping to look at the vehicles and take selfies of with the cars. Many of them uploaded videos and photographs on social networking sites. To put an end to the horseplay, policemen moved all the cars to a spot near the Kanathur police station.
Old 27th February 2017, 12:03   #6718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
They turn a blind eye to errant local politicians in Scorpios, Innovas and Pajeros. They don't bother about slow over laden LCVs hogging the fast lane.
I agree very strongly with you. Driving into Chennai from Bangalore and about 50-75km towards Chennai, these local politicians drive like mad men and they literally harass you to move aside. They then overtake and ensures nobody overtakes them, making rude hand gestures even if you attempt to overtake them again. I was once a witness to a politicians scorpio doing these insane activities with goons hanging out the window and trying to get everyone to move aside when eventually he crashed into a divider that split the slow left side lane and the service lane. I may come of as sadistic but that just felt right for me.

*sorry mods*
Fullrevs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2017, 08:50   #6719
BHPian

Porsche Panamera Turbo

Annachi's new addition to the White Garage..
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-panamera-turbo.jpg  

rubicon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 13:37   #6720
fb1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Saw this beauty in Khader nawaz khan road yesterday at Lunch time.

[ATTACH]1604709ATTACH]
That's my friend's BMW M3, beautiful car They own an i8 too!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks