Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2009, 15:54   #751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarrera View Post
MERC is taking everyone in this country for a royal spin.Their showroom especially in chennai is worse than a maruti 's showroom
Thats interesting. How was it when TVS were dealing Mercs ? Was it bad then as well?
Old 20th May 2009, 17:10   #752
BHPian

Even worse,the salesperson who was selling an s class to my friend didnt know half the features and the test vehicle was taken from another customer without permission . They only advantage was we could play one against the other and get a better discount.

But bmw is a class apart, amazing lounge with a b & o system the sales team know sumthin atleast. You get a proper feel of buying a luxury car
Old 20th May 2009, 17:56   #753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The boxter belongs to an owner of a tv channel in the south.Quiet an aggressive user. I would not park a car like that in the places i have seen before.Sad to see cars like that get hurt.
I've heard of his spirited driving.
Btw, isn't his boxter grey in colour?
Old 20th May 2009, 18:17   #754
BHPian

No the tv guy has a red boxter
Old 20th May 2009, 18:43   #755
BHPian

Quote:
F450 i guess you dont understand where i am coming from.Just because one can spend 3 crs doest mean he still cant be practical.An f 430 and a galladro are almost the same price.But a lot of people i know say its practical to own a lambo cause it has service back up in india.In the similar sense. Chennai is always warm unlike delhi where you can enjoy a car with a top down a lot more.I am not that stupid to talk about mileage in a supercar as i own one too.But i dont brag about it.

Similarly coffee and tea estate owners who are located in the mountains own range rovers, hummers and cayennes.they can afford a super car but find it impractical if you understand where i am coming from.So its all relative buddy.So chill. i was giving my point of view
I agree with you, I know lots of people who can buy a sports car but end up buying luxury sedans or SUV's because of the mentioned practicality issues. And yes, service is a big factor too. People don't want to go through car brokers so much, they prefer authorised dealers. I was specifically talking about sports cars. I mean, if you're trying to decide between a Gallardo Coupe and a Spyder, I think the look will matter to you more than the weather. But then again, maybe the weather is really bad enough in Chennai to actually consider it seriously!
Old 21st May 2009, 00:31   #756
BHPian

chennai supercars on tracks
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_0023.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_0024.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img_0022.jpg  

Old 21st May 2009, 02:17   #757
BHPian

@ mlcarrera,

AFAIK, B&O (presuming you meant Bang & Olfusen) is offered only on Audis, esp the A8, as a option. And from the new Beemer 7s I've seen, it isn't the stereo that comes factory fitted.
Old 21st May 2009, 11:07   #758
Senior - BHPian

A few more pics of mlcarrera's car, at the track, last year !
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-carrera-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-carrera.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 21st May 2009, 13:07   #759
BHPian

Hey manish, i am having trouble uploading photos.It says its to big. How do you shrink the size .And my earlier message has not come up yet
Old 21st May 2009, 13:18   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR View Post
@ mlcarrera,

AFAIK, B&O (presuming you meant Bang & Olfusen) is offered only on Audis, esp the A8, as a option. And from the new Beemer 7s I've seen, it isn't the stereo that comes factory fitted.
The b&o is in the bmw showroom and not in its cars
Old 21st May 2009, 14:29   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Thats interesting. How was it when TVS were dealing Mercs ? Was it bad then as well?
When TVS were dealing with Mercs their showroom on white's road was also not fit for catering to the likes of the three pointed star That showroom has seen it all right from the likes of Fiat Uno - Ashok Leyland spare parts - Mercedes - back to fiat - and now pre-owned cars. But their showroom was definitely a darn sight better than the one at Transcars the current Merc dealer.

Smooth Sailing
Old 21st May 2009, 14:54   #762
Senior - BHPian

got this from the rider, in the pic !
wonder, how no one has spotted this F430 on the roads of Chennai.

Pic Location : at the track
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-n694776778_1885712_1395.jpg  

Last edited by manishasrani : 21st May 2009 at 14:55.
Old 21st May 2009, 16:38   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Even worse,the salesperson who was selling an s class to my friend didnt know half the features and the test vehicle was taken from another customer without permission . They only advantage was we could play one against the other and get a better discount.

But bmw is a class apart, amazing lounge with a b & o system the sales team know sumthin atleast. You get a proper feel of buying a luxury car
Quite a shoddy job of using a customer's car as a test mule if i may say so especially when the vice president of TVS who at that time was seen driving the S class during non working hours, sort of maybe trying to promote the car! This car was also the demo vehicle. Wonder why they did not retain the vehicle as it was sent back to MBIL after a short while. Was it the price factor in having a S class as a demo vehicle?

Also quite disappointing to know that the salesperson did not possess adequate knowledge of the car's features. I heard that a guy from Dubai who had the experience and exposure to marquee brands over there was handpicked for being in carge of the Merc dealership of TVS. If im not mistaken the discount factor or rather a discount war if it may be termed so,waged between the two dealers TVS and Transcars was the making of reducing the Merc dealership to just the present one in Chennai. MBIL had to make a decision between the two.

There were instances of customers who had sent their Mercs for repairs/service to TVS and later when they were upgrading their cars with the same brand they went shopping to Transcars! (Personally know of one such customer who bought 2 x E220 Kompressor at the same time,date,place) when i asked TVS about it they said it was the discount factor in loosing them loosing out

Well, with BMW need we say anything? Both the car and the showroom are a class APART!

Smooth Sailing
Old 21st May 2009, 17:36   #764
BHPian

Have ssen this car . Comes out only at night
Old 21st May 2009, 19:47   #765
BHPian

That was quite a quick promotion to BHP-ian! Congrats for that, and also about your car. Looks wonderful....feels wonderful too I'm sure...

Most Viewed