Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2014, 15:01   #6106
BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Pro View Post
I attended a Kingfisher Party last night at the Taj Hotel Mount Road, there were a lot of foreign cars like a Porsche Panamera, Audis, Mercs, Jags and BMWs (including mine ) but this car stood out at the parking, Aston Martin, awesome.
I must have a psychic connection with Chennai's supercars.was tthinking just this morning that it's been quite sometime since the Vanquish was seen and here u go treating us with a sighting...
Sivasankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:41   #6107
BANNED

Maserati !!! Spotted

Hi All,

Spotted this Maserati in Tnagar few days back,

Some how i am not a fan of that gold monogram & wheels and the blue color.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-20140320_141024.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-20140320_141151.jpg  

joshguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:46   #6108
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maserati !!! Spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Hi All,

Spotted this Maserati in Tnagar few days back,

Some how i am not a fan of that gold monogram & wheels and the blue color.
Wow joshguy that's a lovely catch.

Never knew that a blue Masearti Gran Cabrio existed down south. I always was under the impression that the Mumbai Gran Cabrio was the only one in the country. Glad to know there is another one in Chennai.

Is it a permanent Chennai car or a visitor from some other city?

EDIT: In the second pic, it seems the car has golden painted rims. Wonder what the front grille would be: chromed or golden chrome !!

Last edited by //M : 23rd March 2014 at 21:49.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2014, 21:57   #6109
BANNED

Re: Maserati !!! Spotted

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow joshguy that's a lovely catch.

Is it a permanent Chennai car or a visitor from some other city?

EDIT: In the second pic, it seems the car has golden painted rims. Wonder what the front grille would be: chromed or golden chrome !!
From the number i see that it is a permanent resident of chennai but bought from pondicherry for lower price (lesser tax) and it has the same gold painted matt finish grill
Old 24th March 2014, 12:14   #6110
BHPian

Thanks mate. The Aston Martin Vanquish is a really special car for Madras, i think there are only 2 or 3 in India currently. Love the car's color and the carbon fiber front bumper and roof.
Need to add i saw the Orange Lambo Aventador on sat. evening at the Park Hyatt Hotel but didn't take any pics as its already been posted here very often. The Lemons don't make it pretty as well,
Old 24th March 2014, 14:35   #6111
A.K
Senior - BHPian

That Maser GC is a Chennai resident AFAIK. It was painted by DC Design and now looks like a Subaru. Downright ugly.:banghead:

@//M there exist atleast half a dozen Maser GC's in the country and a couple of them in Chennai itself I guess.

Last edited by A.K : 24th March 2014 at 14:36.
Old 25th March 2014, 19:24   #6112
Senior - BHPian

Could this be the golden coloured Maserati now with this new matt blue paint job? The golden maser was a frequent visitor at Taj Coromandel. Have seen it quite a few times on a saturday evening.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 25th March 2014 at 19:31.
Old 25th March 2014, 20:38   #6113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
That Maser GC is a Chennai resident AFAIK. It was painted by DC Design and now looks like a Subaru. Downright ugly.:banghead:

@//M there exist atleast half a dozen Maser GC's in the country and a couple of them in Chennai itself I guess.
This GranCabrio was the launch car of the delhi Maserati showroom and was white in colour before it was repainted to the current Matte Blue Shade by DC Design.

AFAIK there are only 3 GranCabrios in the country All of them in Blue Shades, one each for Mumbai, Chennai & Hyderabad.

Quote:

This GranCabrio was once the launch car of the delhi Maserati showroom before getting sold to chennai and was white in colour before it was repainted to the current Matte Blue Shade by DC Design.

AFAIK there are only 3 GranCabrios in the country All of them in Blue Shades, one each for Mumbai, Chennai & Hyderabad.

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts. See this thread to know how this works.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st April 2014 at 13:33. Reason: Posts merged
Old 25th March 2014, 21:49   #6114
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
This GranCabrio was once the launch car of the delhi Maserati showroom before getting sold to chennai and was white in colour before it was repainted to the current Matte Blue Shade by DC Design.

Werent there a couple more in Chennai? A purple one?
Old 26th March 2014, 10:36   #6115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Could you give a count. I am aware of 4 cars only in India. white, silver and two Blues. I had kept a count as ours was the first one in the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
This GranCabrio was the launch car of the delhi Maserati showroom and was white in colour before it was repainted to the current Matte Blue Shade by DC Design.

Yes you are right, this is the white one thats repainted.

There are four cars that i know of, white (painted by DC), silver and two blues.
Old 31st March 2014, 10:25   #6116
BHPian

These 2 photographs of a white TN 10 registered M5 were snapped by my cousin. Does it take Chennai's count to 4?
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img20140331wa0002.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-img20140331wa0001.jpg  

Old 31st March 2014, 21:50   #6117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
These 2 photographs of a white TN 10 registered M5 were snapped by my cousin. Does it take Chennai's count to 4?
thats probably not an M5. if im right, thats a regular 5 series with an M Sport bodykit and M5 badging.. they sport different body kits, thats how you can tell the difference.. attaching pics of rear angles of both as reference.. first is the M5, and the second is the 5 with an Msport body kit..

Cheers!!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-2013bmwm5rearthreequarters.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Chennai-f10msport4.jpg  

Last edited by bivin : 31st March 2014 at 21:51.
Old 31st March 2014, 22:09   #6118
BHPian

Guys, I recently saw a Sakhir Orange BMW M5 on OMR. It was sporting a TN 11 X registration, looked smashing in that shade. Has this been spotted earlier?
Old 1st April 2014, 10:54   #6119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
thats probably not an M5. if im right, thats a regular 5 series with an M Sport bodykit and M5 badging.. they sport different body kits, thats how you can tell the difference.. attaching pics of rear angles of both as reference.. first is the M5, and the second is the 5 with an Msport body kit..

Cheers!!
Hi Bivin,

Thanks for that info.

Does anyone on the Chennai thread know more about this car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
Guys, I recently saw a Sakhir Orange BMW M5 on OMR. It was sporting a TN 11 X registration, looked smashing in that shade. Has this been spotted earlier?
yes, several times. you can see the photos on previous pages

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote feature to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st April 2014 at 13:34.
Old 1st April 2014, 16:30   #6120
BHPian

Took this at Sandy's yesterday evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Chennai-201403311520.jpg  

BraveArc is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks