Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2007, 18:58   #1
BHPian

Supercars & Imports : Chennai

Hi guys.

Don't if these have been spotted in Chennai before but anyways.

Spotted : Black Mercedes SLK and a Blue Porsche Boxter
Comments : Black SLK belongs to a friend of mine who lives in Valmiki Nagar, very close to the beach. The Boxster looks and goes like a bullet! The SLK looked a little more sluggish when they tried to race on the beach road, but nevertheless, it kept pace with the Porsche.

Spotted : Yellow Toyota Celica GT
Comments : KL registration. The paint job was fabulous and so were the slick rims. I must say the headlights and brake lights had started showing their age. The headlights had the yellowish stain all over.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st March 2021 at 22:32. Reason: SMS lingo
flipsyde is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2007, 19:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipsyde View Post
Spotted : Yellow Toyota Celica GT

Comments : KL registration. The paint job was fabulous and so were the slick rims. I must say the headlights and brakelights had started showing age..... the headlights had the yellowish stain all over.
the paint job was awesome. Spoiler however looked too big and out of place IMO. Had seen the car at least 4-5 months back in Ispahani Center.
Old 13th February 2007, 21:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Both these cars are regulars at Besant Nagar. The SLK TN 09- is seen often on the Cathedral road.

Recently I spotted a Mini Cooper in Anna Nagar. Light blue color, similar to the ocean blue color of the swift. Looked amazing with black bumpers and cool alloys. Will catch a snap next time.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 13th February 2007 at 21:09.
Old 13th February 2007, 23:05   #4
BHPian

I spotted an old mini....red colour next to old rex fashions in mylapore. somehow the old mini's have so much more charm than the new ones. its was so small and nippy. i'm sure it must be loads of fun driving it.....kinda like a plus size go-kart with a big engine and a roof.
Old 14th February 2007, 12:01   #5
BHPian

Did anyone see the Wheels section of Metro Plus in todays Hindu? There is a brand spanking new 2007 MB SL600 V12 belonging to a Mr.Balsingh George in Chennai. Its a TN registration and since the owner is proudly showing it off in a newspaper we can give out the license plate. Supposedly all cars of the owner are registered 630. He also considered an F430, an M6 Convertible, and an SL65 AMG before settling for the SL600. Supposedly Indian fuel doesnt let the SL65 perform to its full potential :P. And the SL can be raised and lowered. I thought most sports cars have that option these days including the F430 and Gallardo. Anyway the cars got mudflaps and very nerdy rims. Looks like a good boy SL. Should have kitted it nicer. But I guess its his choice.

Last edited by BEEM3R : 14th February 2007 at 12:02.
Old 14th February 2007, 19:48   #6
Senior - BHPian

There is another SLK owned by a Onion exporter in Parrys Corner. He has a E and M class and also a red SLK. I used to visit his office when I worked for an Yellow pages company. He has all his cars parked in his Thambu Chetty street.
Old 15th February 2007, 10:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
There is a brand spanking new 2007 MB SL600 V12 belonging to a Mr.Balsingh George in Chennai.
I've seen other rich cars belonging to his stable like a 5 series Beemer, Merc S class, C class, Skoda Laura, superb etc. He used to stay in my area but i guess he has moved now.
Old 16th February 2007, 13:30   #8
fb1
BHPian

those cars are regular visitors of the beach
Old 15th March 2007, 12:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Honda Goldwing spotted in Pondicherry

Spotted this Honda Goldwing in Pondicherry outside Rendevous restaurant, my way back from Velankanni. Although, its an old model, pretty well maintained. KA registration. There's one in chennai too, belonging to the Sivaraman of UCAL. Featured many times in The Hindu. I think this is a rare breed in India. Not spotted much.
Old 15th March 2007, 14:59   #10
BHPian

Hey Mail4ajo, the bike looks crazily coool, what year would be it by the way? i am sure late 80's ... yeah one thing i agree the bike is really well maintained..... i guess now it will be classified as Classic and Vintage

thanks for the pics
Old 15th March 2007, 16:14   #11
BHPian

wow that celica rocks man what a rim he got fabulous
Old 15th March 2007, 16:29   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

celica rims are just out of this world. best rims on a car i have seen till date
Old 15th March 2007, 17:23   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post

Recently I spotted a Mini Cooper in Anna Nagar. Light blue color, similar to the ocean blue color of the swift. Looked amazing with black bumpers and cool alloys. Will catch a snap next time.
I think even i spotted the same one blue color near greams road couldn't take any pics at that time
Old 15th March 2007, 17:40   #14
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

i know we are off topic -- chennai sports cars...

what the heck anyway... noticed a Audi Q7 yesterday in nungambakkam. Unregistered Black... and a very impatient driver jumping in and out of traffic. will try and catch a photo of the same next time.
Old 27th June 2007, 11:18   #15
Senior - BHPian

VW Beetle spotted

Caught this beetle driven by a pretty girl on Sterling road exiting from the Railway quarters. Saw a VW Toureg in Koturpuram. Needs to get the snaps.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 27th June 2007 at 11:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks