Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 16:10   #91
Senior - BHPian

Shheesh ! That's some awesome shots anupam, thanks for sharing. High-res ones would be appreciated as they are very much wallpaper material.

BTW, you shouldn't have edited out the watermark of the photographer, he really deserves recognition and appreciation for such bespoke shots!

Last edited by Scorcher : 31st August 2010 at 16:14.
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:25   #92
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolka

Found some pics of the Superleggera in Mumbai

Source - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf Supercar Paparazzi
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-gsl1.jpg
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-gsl2.jpg
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-gsl3.jpg
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:09   #93
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolka

Forgot to upload this video in the previous post. Enjoy!

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st September 2011 at 19:20. Reason: Fixing YT link
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 16:05   #94
BHPian

Here's a pic of the Gallardo Superleggera snapped at Worli
Attached Thumbnails
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-17092011053.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2011, 01:19   #95
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the owner got the calipers painted yellow from the original black.
Old 22nd September 2011, 12:39   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Forgot to upload this video in the previous post. Enjoy!
Lamborghini Superleggera Acceleration
That was awesome! (vid taken by insideman, while i was driving)
Old 23rd October 2011, 20:36   #97
Senior - BHPian

Stop!! In the name of Law!!

On a lazy Sunday afternoon as I was sipping my coffee at my usual exotic spotting spot - my window, a yellow Lambo Superleggera passed my house and turned towards Marine Drive. Boy oh boy did he get an empty stretch to floor it, breaking the silence of the afternoon and warning the area of a raging bull left loose. My day was made.

After half an hour nothing seemed interesting on TV so went back to do some exotic spotting and I was like ***!!??!!??

Two cops on two seperate bikes signaling the Lambo driver to stop on the side and parked their bikes in front and behind the car blocking his car. The Lambo guy did stop and switch off his V10 with an arrogant rev. Call me nosy or call me jobless but I had to see what is happenning as I have never seen such a sight before in my life.

The traffic had slowed done and everyone's reaction was - . The cops called the traffic cops over the wireless who came immediately with his challan book et all. They made the lambo driver get out of the car who seemed very reluctant to do so. A silver Jetta 2011 with MH 14 regn stopped and in came the Autocar person - Mr. Shahpur (I think it was him only 90%) to try and settle the matter. I donot know where and how did he come to the scene but he was trying his best to negotiate with the cops.

Meanwhile passers by touched and clicked pictures of the car while the argument was going on. After about 20mins the Lambo owner was allowed to leave but I am quite sure that his license was taken away and a challan was given to him, donot know for what reason though.

Anyway have never seen something like this and immediately I clicked the image with my mobile phone camera. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-photo0008.jpg  

PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-photo0013.jpg  

Last edited by S2!!! : 23rd October 2011 at 20:39.
Old 23rd October 2011, 22:31   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
On a lazy Sunday afternoon as I was sipping my coffee at my usual exotic spotting spot - my window, a yellow Lambo Superleggera passed my house and turned towards Marine Drive. Boy oh boy did he get an empty stretch to floor it, breaking the silence of the afternoon and warning the area of a raging bull left loose. My day was made.

After half an hour nothing seemed interesting on TV so went back to do some exotic spotting and I was like ***!!??!!??

Two cops on two seperate bikes signaling the Lambo driver to stop on the side and parked their bikes in front and behind the car blocking his car. The Lambo guy did stop and switch off his V10 with an arrogant rev. Call me nosy or call me jobless but I had to see what is happenning as I have never seen such a sight before in my life.

The traffic had slowed done and everyone's reaction was - . The cops called the traffic cops over the wireless who came immediately with his challan book et all. They made the lambo driver get out of the car who seemed very reluctant to do so. A silver Jetta 2011 with MH 14 regn stopped and in came the Autocar person - Mr. Shahpur (I think it was him only 90%) to try and settle the matter. I donot know where and how did he come to the scene but he was trying his best to negotiate with the cops.

Meanwhile passers by touched and clicked pictures of the car while the argument was going on. After about 20mins the Lambo owner was allowed to leave but I am quite sure that his license was taken away and a challan was given to him, donot know for what reason though.

Anyway have never seen something like this and immediately I clicked the image with my mobile phone camera. Here it is.
Frankly, I am surprised to hear about this. The owner of this car is usually a very sensible, safe driver; he drives a lot slower than one would imagine. He bothers about even a speck of dust on his cars, and would thus be the last person to abuse them. He is a very respectable and good natured gentleman, and thus I believe this might just be a case of police throwing their weight around or asserting authority. Just my guess though, I have no idea what really happened.

Regards,
RTM
Old 24th October 2011, 00:25   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm_8055 View Post
Frankly, I am surprised to hear about this. The owner of this car is usually a very sensible, safe driver; he drives a lot slower than one would imagine. He bothers about even a speck of dust on his cars, and would thus be the last person to abuse them. He is a very respectable and good natured gentleman, and thus I believe this might just be a case of police throwing their weight around or asserting authority. Just my guess though, I have no idea what really happened.

Regards,
RTM
Yup am aware of this as one of my friend's friend happenned to meet him once and gently touched the body and the owner politely asked him not to do so.

What was shocking was that passers-by (a kid actually) was touching the car while getting his pictures clicked and the cops were leaning on the car while talking to him while he was sitting in the car.

Have seen the car several times driven really sedately. I too donot know what had happenned but it was a first where I saw something like this.

Well if I go to think about it in the exact same location 4-5 years ago Gautam Singhania was stopped with his Skyline and I guess the cops thought it was a "modified" car. And honestly I had no idea what car was it, its just the owner that I recognized.

Last edited by S2!!! : 24th October 2011 at 00:30.
Old 24th October 2011, 08:05   #100
BHPian

It was not for speeding , apparently for the noise , they felt he was going fast and not actually . Ridiculous ...the cops had to let him go
Old 29th November 2011, 10:40   #101
Team-BHP Support

Pics & discussion of the LP570 Superleggera have been moved to this thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ra-mumbai.html

Cheers,
R
Old 24th June 2012, 23:49   #102
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Seems to be an old video! Car is WB reg now.

Old 12th December 2012, 20:56   #103
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Spot the difference!

Source:https://www.facebook.com/supercoolcars
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-wb.jpg
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2012, 22:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
1. Black roof
2. LP560-4 style tail lamps.
3. Really strange number plate
Old 12th December 2012, 22:40   #105
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
1. Black roof
2. LP560-4 style tail lamps.
3. Really strange number plate
You got all of those right. He's also added a rear spoiler on his Noctis edition which shuttles between Mumbai & Kolkata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks