Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2008, 19:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
rumours been going on for a while. i doubt thats gonna happen.

Nope.. I concur to that information as I confirmed from Lambo Delhi sales manager and its true.. Launched in July, production will start in January.. How do I know? Read my previous posts..
Old 4th March 2008, 20:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval
But i think in order to reduce the weight the car must be having less metal and more of fibreglass material into it, which will be not dangerous at high speeds??
LMAO!
What is this? a bodykit?
Old 4th March 2008, 21:48   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhaval View Post
Thanks for that information. But i think in order to reduce the weight the car must be having less metal and more of fibreglass material into it, which will be not dangerous at high speeds??

you mean carbon fibre is used for reducing weight.

last time I saw fibreglass corvettes get into accidents the car broke into a million pieces.

carbon fibre is much stronger, I believe.

btw, before the SuperLeggera version of the LP640 comes out, the updated LP640 MY09 will be out with the following options/changes:

from lambopower

Quote:
LP640 MY09 gets ceramics as standard and the LP560/4's E-Gear Corsa mode with faster shifts and engine response.

Kenwood system finally goes touch screen with new 3D Nav system on hard disk. Reversing cam now an option along with clear engine cover for the Roadster.

A few new matt colours available but no change to rims etc.

Here's the official brochure
[COLOR=#22229c]RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting[/COLOR]

Last edited by GTI WR6 : 4th March 2008 at 21:53.
Old 4th March 2008, 22:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI WR6 View Post
you mean carbon fibre is used for reducing weight.

last time I saw fibreglass corvettes get into accidents the car broke into a million pieces.

carbon fibre is much stronger, I believe.

btw, before the SuperLeggera version of the LP640 comes out, the updated LP640 MY09 will be out with the following options/changes:

from lambopower

Here's the official brochure
[COLOR=#22229c]RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting[/COLOR]
Not douting your carbon fiber claim, because thats a known fact, but to say fiber glass breaks into small pieces is a bunch of BS. Have you seen high speed crashes in a vette. Thanks fully i never had to witness them, but i have seen some pics and you will be amazed to see that its atleast as sturdy as any other strong car and sometimes more. The Fiber glass does take impact very well. If it was not the case, the car wouldnt pass any safety tests in the US or europe(which is even stricter).

Anyhow ever see an Enzo crash it splits into pieces, its made out of carbon fiber and its designed to do just that at high speed. I was only commenting on your fiber glass claim.

Anyhow as for the G-SL, its awesome... great choice.
Old 5th March 2008, 04:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
Not douting your carbon fiber claim, because thats a known fact, but to say fiber glass breaks into small pieces is a bunch of BS. Have you seen high speed crashes in a vette. Thanks fully i never had to witness them, but i have seen some pics and you will be amazed to see that its atleast as sturdy as any other strong car and sometimes more. The Fiber glass does take impact very well. If it was not the case, the car wouldnt pass any safety tests in the US or europe(which is even stricter).

Anyhow ever see an Enzo crash it splits into pieces, its made out of carbon fiber and its designed to do just that at high speed. I was only commenting on your fiber glass claim.

Anyhow as for the G-SL, its awesome... great choice.

I saw pics of a vette crash against a truck in holland 2 years ago. thats when I saw the pieces and thats what i was refering to.

and yes, the enzo is designed to seprate the cockpit from the engine in the event of a crash.

btw, no more pics of the G SL?
Old 20th June 2008, 23:53   #36
BHPian

lambo superleggera spotted in Chennai

Hi friends,

Just wanted to post a coupla pics of Chennai's very own Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera...
Attached Thumbnails
PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-image012.jpg  

PICS: 2 Lambo superleggeras spotted in Chennai! EDIT: 1 in Mumbai, going to Kolkata?-image013.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st June 2008 at 02:23. Reason: Copied from intro thread to a more appropriate thread.
Old 21st June 2008, 02:31   #37
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures Siva. That car looks hot and the yellow with grey wheels combo looks killer. I guess this is the second Gallardo SL in the country if I'm not wrong.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:02   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivasankar View Post
Hi friends,

Just wanted to post a coupla pics of Chennai's very own Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera...

Nice Pic Sivasankar..
Any clue on who owns it?
Old 21st June 2008, 09:38   #39
Senior - BHPian

Damn 2 and both in chennai, what up with that

both the colors on this cars are awesome!!
Old 21st June 2008, 11:53   #40
BHPian

If the owner is who I think it is - he's in the shipping biz; he's a regular at Marina beach and the day I shot this car, his other car (BMW 7) wasn't around although he was and I knw he used to have a Merc E, Merc M and a Merc SLK earlier...
Old 21st June 2008, 14:59   #41
Senior - BHPian

isnt there a grey one in hyderabad?
Old 22nd June 2008, 02:04   #42
BHPian

These cars are absolute beauty!! The whole Gallardo range! Theres a new LP560 coming up.. with facelift from Reventon, the 800k pound Lamborghini!!
Hope it comes to India fast!
Old 22nd June 2008, 05:13   #43
BHPian

beautiful! absolutely beautiful! thanks for sharing!
Old 22nd June 2008, 06:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
These cars are absolute beauty!! The whole Gallardo range! Theres a new LP560 coming up.. with facelift from Reventon, the 800k pound Lamborghini!!
Hope it comes to India fast!
If your hoping to see a Reventon in India, it ain't happening. Only 20 of them will be made and they are already sold out.
Old 22nd June 2008, 06:31   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
If your hoping to see a Reventon in India, it ain't happening. Only 20 of them will be made and they are already sold out.

I think he is talking about lp560 (based on gallardo with reventon front skirts).This superleggera is one the best looking cars in India.I have a passion for yellow coloured cars,specially lamborghinis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks