Old 9th March 2008, 18:35   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishasrani View Post
you can see me getting out of the Gallardo in this pic

The black T-shirt and white shorts.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

Awesome sight. Its like mecca for a auto freak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
the guy who organised this whole thing happens to live 50 metres from my house. I have posted some pics of 2 Porsche 911s in the Bangalore Supercars thread. The silver one in those pics is owned by this guy who did the organising. He had also brought along two innovas with his security guards to man the traffic and everything.
I hope he knows about the Chennai track where these beauties need to be unleashed. 300kph on Indian highways sounds scary...esp when I see people crossing the road in your videos.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Awesome sight. Its like mecca for a auto freak.

I hope he knows about the Chennai track where these beauties need to be unleashed. 300kph on Indian highways sounds scary...esp when I see people crossing the road in your videos.
ya it was kind of scary as well. i was shocked a few times when i was taking videos. esp when 2 porsches were ripping one behind the other that to at very very high speeds.. that noise shook me completely as i was just a few feet away from them !!
Old 9th March 2008, 23:16   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

I dont think it was scary.

The people you see crossing the roads were doing so when there was clearly no traffic. These guys were actually very sensible and while they were doing "insensible" speeds, they didnt take any stupid risks.

There was ABSOLUTELY nobody crossing the roads while the supercars were anywhere close to half a km from them.
Old 9th March 2008, 23:23   #36
Senior - BHPian

dude just check my "summary video" at 1min 55sec odd. that was the only moment that i thought was scary
Old 9th March 2008, 23:26   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dude just check my "summary video" at 1min 55sec odd. that was the only moment that i thought was scary
I know what you are talking abt . I was there remember ??

It wasnt that scary man.... they were flying, but I didnt think it was scary. But again, you were quite close, so maybe you felt it more than me.,
Old 9th March 2008, 23:29   #38
Senior - BHPian

perhaps :-)
anyways waiting to see your set of videos !!
do upload them soon !! plz
Old 9th March 2008, 23:36   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Did you tell them about team-bhp!?
Yeah! I cant believe you guys didnt just mention it right away. Spread the love ....anyway, theres always next time.

Quote:
hope you guys enjoyed my "summary video" and that it was good enough to inspire many more people . lol :-)
Awesome video, and amazing to just the the continuous stream of cars zipping by on both sides.

I think the 997 looks gorgeous, even though its in green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
300kph on Indian highways sounds scary...esp when I see people crossing the road in your videos.
Yeah, i had the same thought. All it takes is one person to misjudge the speed or get distracted while crossing, regardless of how many precautions the driver takes.
Anyway, to each his own, i guess the counter-arguement would be "whats the point of having a car like that if you dont drive fast". It seems these guys are enthusiastic about their cars, i'm sure they would consider a track day, which would be quite a sight!

cya
R
Old 10th March 2008, 08:36   #40
BHPian

Quote:
hope you guys enjoyed my "summary video" and that it was good enough to inspire many more people . lol :-)
Sure did dude!! even though its become a common sight spoting the two F430s together, i really don't mind seeing them again-n-again!!
Old 10th March 2008, 14:18   #41
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great report....lucky you to see / experience multiple supercars being ripped together. You know whats cool in this story? Supercar owners who are willing to share the experience with an enthusiast, who they don't know from a fly on the wall. Cheers to their spirit!
Old 10th March 2008, 14:28   #42
Senior - BHPian

@GTO I was seriously shocked by nikhils encounter coz the guy just called him over and let him be a part of the whole event. Great going. Such guys are kinda rare.

@ Nikhil Was that your bike in the background of the mercs pic in your first set of pics?
Old 10th March 2008, 15:31   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
@GTO I was seriously shocked by nikhils encounter coz the guy just called him over and let him be a part of the whole event. Great going. Such guys are kinda rare.

@ Nikhil Was that your bike in the background of the mercs pic in your first set of pics?
Yes it was!!

@GTO ---- I agree with you. I was very very shocked. Some of my friends didnt believe that it actually happened. I gave up trying to convince them and just sent them the youtube link of me in the Gallardo.

I hope my luck continues

Another thing I forgot to mention..... there were quite a few construction workers near the cars. Some of them came to me and asked me if the cars run on Diesel or Petrol

I just managed to splutter "petrol" before I had an epilepsy attack...
Old 10th March 2008, 15:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

is it me, or did anyone notice that hte person driving the gallardo looks, (at least in the fleeting instant that I saw in nikhil's video) like Vijay Mallya !!
Old 10th March 2008, 15:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Awesome nikhil. That must have been an experience of a lifetime. I envy you.

Riding along in one supercar is something to be proud of... riding in all of them is surely priceless.

Let me know if this is going to be a regular thing... i would like to be as lucky as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks