Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2008, 19:11   #61
BHPian

I love the 300C. I think its the best looking car under the luxury category ( below the bmw's and mercs). Anyways its the old ppl who drive E-classes.....Also the E-class looks like a baby in front of 300C. No comparison with the looks. 300C is way better, though may not be as luxurious (obviously coz it costs almost 50% less than a E class).. I prefer the co. design over those horrible grills some people have put..
Old 28th September 2008, 00:34   #62
BHPian

Musavi,

The 2010 Camaro? Now that I'm on board with. What a sweet friggin ride that is going to be. I was at a party in San Francisco, and wound up being introduced to one of the VPs at GM.... we were talking about what a sweet ride the Camaro is, and what a complete tragedy it one of the greatest muscle cars the US has ever known will be re-released at a time when fuel will probably be over $150 a barrel.

What GM is most excited about, however, is the Volt. Apparently it was so top secret, that before they did the trans-US road show earlier this year, only a select handful of people within GM had even seen the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musavi 27 View Post
I have a soft spot for american muscle, next on my list is either the 09 dodge challenger or the 2010 camaro. Or if i could, both!
Old 28th September 2008, 03:30   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Musavi,

The 2010 Camaro? Now that I'm on board with. What a sweet friggin ride that is going to be. I was at a party in San Francisco, and wound up being introduced to one of the VPs at GM.... we were talking about what a sweet ride the Camaro is, and what a complete tragedy it one of the greatest muscle cars the US has ever known will be re-released at a time when fuel will probably be over $150 a barrel.

What GM is most excited about, however, is the Volt. Apparently it was so top secret, that before they did the trans-US road show earlier this year, only a select handful of people within GM had even seen the car.
Hey Ghost, you know what, the 3.6L DI WT V6 300HP camaro engine has an average of 26MPG! and the 6.2L V8 400HP automatic with tap shift has Active Fuel Mangement Technology that gives 23 MPG! To me that's great, chevrolet is stepin up to the plate and if the camaro does well they will introduce a 4 cylinder engine in a year or two. My dad is a big camaro fan, in fact he was the fist in pune to have 1 back in the 90s. I dont have much info on the volt, will it be possible to get one down???
Old 4th October 2008, 19:28   #64
BHPian

Hey Musavi,

I seriously doubt that it could actually deliver 26MPG in real-world conditions. I drove a 2007 Mustang V8 GT (the coupe) and though it was rated for 23MPG in a highway cycle, I would never get more than 21.
Also, the figures you're talking about are highway MPG values, not the city cycle. Usually in a muscle car, the city-cycle values are more than 30% lower than the highway values (the V8 GT is 15/23).

The Volt isn't going to be launched any time soon... they're looking at a best-case launch date of 2011. Even if you could import it into India (and believe me, it would come with HEFTY sticker shock), would you really be able to maintain it? I doubt it. Even when it launches in the US, it will temporarily only launch in metropolitan regions where they could create the running and service infrastructure for the car.
GM is betting their future on this thing, so I hope it works out. Not just for them, but for the whole planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musavi 27 View Post
Hey Ghost, you know what, the 3.6L DI WT V6 300HP camaro engine has an average of 26MPG! and the 6.2L V8 400HP automatic with tap shift has Active Fuel Mangement Technology that gives 23 MPG! To me that's great, chevrolet is stepin up to the plate and if the camaro does well they will introduce a 4 cylinder engine in a year or two. My dad is a big camaro fan, in fact he was the fist in pune to have 1 back in the 90s. I dont have much info on the volt, will it be possible to get one down???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks