Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 11:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

spotted Chrysler 300c in Pune

spotted brand new chrysler 300C IN PUNE. first i thought it is a bentley. but then saw a chrysler logo on it. why on earth anyone import chrysler? just for show off??
[
Attached Thumbnails
spotted Chrysler 300c in Pune-93135824eo8.jpg  

spotted Chrysler 300c in Pune-c3et4.jpg  

spotted Chrysler 300c in Pune-c2jx0.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 12th March 2008 at 23:20. Reason: Kindly note our new image posting rules
Old 11th March 2008, 12:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

it looks like the one gordan spotted in mumbai
Old 11th March 2008, 20:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Could be the same one.
Nice find,tushky.
Old 11th March 2008, 21:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

its really hard keeping a track of 300c's in the country..cause all of them have stormed in together with most of them not regd yet.and all(except one)are black and ofcource there are two types of grills
Old 11th March 2008, 21:14   #5
BHPian

how much do they cost??
Old 11th March 2008, 21:15   #6
BHPian

The Gangsta car.Driving in one wearing a dark suit and sunglasses should be good enough to scare mere mortals on the road

The V8 Hemi is a killer engine and a perpetual drunk..
Old 11th March 2008, 23:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
why on earth anyone import chrysler? just for show off??
Why shouldn't anyone import a chrysler?
Do you mean to say people import Ferraris and Lambos NOT to show off?

-- Torqy
Old 11th March 2008, 23:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
spotted brand new chrysler 300C IN PUNE. first i thought it is a bentley. but then saw a chrysler logo on it. why on earth anyone import chrysler? just for show off??
[[/IMG]

if you ask me i am trying to find out why people are not buying caddys and chryslers
cause there is every reason to buy it

IMO american cars offer much more for a given price than the germans

and they have their distinct looks infact the question that goes to my mind is that why people buy lexus LS,GS etc instead of choosing these american ones
Old 12th March 2008, 00:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
if you ask me i am trying to find out why people are not buying caddys and chryslers

and they have their distinct looks infact the question that goes to my mind is that why people buy lexus LS,GS etc instead of choosing these american ones
There's just one word -Reliability. Most American cars do not come with that aspect.Things are changing now,no doubt.
But if someone can afford a permium vehicle,they might as well get that than spend 3/4 the amount on something that may/may not function well for more than 2-3 years,before springing big problems.
Old 12th March 2008, 01:46   #10
BHPian

If anyone has ever driver or even sat inside a 300C...HEMI or not, I think they will find more than one compelling reasons not to touch it with a barge pole. I am pretty certain that an entry level Hyundai in India has better plastics and fit and finish. The car goes airborne at 70mph, I don't know how they managed to goof up so bad when they had the E-class platform to start with. The SRT version has better dynamics but by far the worst ride this side of a bullock cart.
Old 12th March 2008, 02:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
There's just one word -Reliability. Most American cars do not come with that aspect.Things are changing now,no doubt.
But if someone can afford a permium vehicle,they might as well get that than spend 3/4 the amount on something that may/may not function well for more than 2-3 years,before springing big problems.

are the things really that bad?!
are the problems related to the engine..or are the parts in general low quality
Old 12th March 2008, 02:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are the things really that bad?!
are the problems related to the engine..or are the parts in general low quality
The engines are good. But there are quite a few minor issues that all combine to make these machines far from 'trouble-free'. In these segments,its the other premium cars that excel.

Colleagues at work swear by Chrysler/Ford/Pontiac. Every single one of these cars has had multiple problems & numerous recalls in the past 2-5 years of ownership.
Things are improving with American cars,albeit at a slow pace.
Old 12th March 2008, 15:46   #13

I have a 300C as a daily driver which I've owned now for 3 years and I’ve had no complaints or issues with my car. I've fixed the handling problems by changing the shocks, springs and strut bar. Also the stock tires are crap but I upgrade those with some 22's. The total suspension and handling upgrades cost me just under $2500 which isn't bad because it's transformed the handling of the car. The 300C is quite the looker if you keep the mod's clean. I might trade up to the 300C SRT-8 if the gas prices remain at the level they are now.
Old 12th March 2008, 19:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl55on20s View Post
I might trade up to the 300C SRT-8 if the gas prices remain at the level they are now.
There are always exceptions,just as I mentioned. There are those cars that work without any issues for years & years. Some have many issues,and those seem to outnumber the ones that work well.

Gas prices sure are headed towards the sky in the US...We'r at $3.10 today.Mid April,and we'll be close to $4. FE is definitely something to consider,when in the US.
Old 14th March 2008, 06:40   #15
BHPian

Quote:

Caddys have improved a lot these days.I recently test drove the new CTS quite impressive -looks good,nice fit and finish and handles well too.It will take a lot of constomers away from the Germans for sure. Chryslers are not really a competition for the Germans(except VW ) and 300 is more of competition to (sham)Lexus ES,Nissan Maxima,Buicks etc ie:average fit and finish and sloppy handling(I have to say that maixma handles better). Reliability is worse than the Japanese.The 300 is still one of the best sellers for Chrysler though- a lot of it to rental fleets.Lexus (GS/LS)customers usually look for comfortable luxury ride and reliability over pure handling pleasure of the Germans and are unlikely to by a much inferior Chrysler 300.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks