Team-BHP - Toyota FJ Cruiser
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Toyota FJ Cruiser (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/37321-toyota-fj-cruiser.html)

27/02/2008

Sorry For the late entry. The pic was with one of my friends and he had gone to the States.

On that day I saw this SUV and thought might be something too high class

It was the TOYOTA FJ CRUISER

It was because the car was looking just like a concept car. It was standing Near Khan Chacha in Khan market. And then it flew off like a Sports car.

Probably the only one in the country.

could've picked a better colour

Quote:

Originally Posted by spawnofsatan (Post 768978)
could've picked a better colour

FJ Cruiser is a retro design to commemorate the '60s (?) land cruiser and the most famous color is that blue with white top. This car is sold in only three colors I guess - Blue, yellow and black. Blue is the best of the lot.

This definitely is the best choice colour for the FJ. But Blue,Yellow and Black arnt the only colours. Ive also seen White, Silver, Maroon, Beige etc.

this car is like damn cheap only 20k in the us right??

1.) also can this be brought down on carnet??
2.) do cd plates mean its on carnet
3.) can a non-consulate bring down a car on carnet?

the blue plates certainly look like c/d plates

if i am not wrong if it was on carnet it would have had the regd plate of the respective country just like the kuwait h2,escalade..the the dubai h3,cayene,g wagen etc etc that were spotted earlier

since it has c/d plates it must be a consolate car
and they are allowed to bring down cars for temporary period

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 769102)
the blue plates certainly look like c/d plates

if i am not wrong if it was on carnet it would have had the regd plate of the respective country just like the kuwait h2,escalade..the the dubai h3,cayene,g wagen etc etc that were spotted earlier

since it has c/d plates it must be a consolate car
and they are allowed to bring down cars for temporary period

so that means a non-consulate can bring down a fj cruiser on carnet right??

Quote:

Originally Posted by v10 (Post 769114)
so that means a non-consulate can bring down a fj cruiser on carnet right??

yes,i believe so. thats the only way it can come here

we cannot import this car since it costs less than 40k $,and such cars need to be homologated

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMATMO (Post 769128)
yes,i believe so. thats the only way it can come here

we cannot import this car since it costs less than 40k $,and such cars need to be homologated

can be got down on t/r as well i guess

Saw this car last week & it is an embassy car on CD plates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v10 (Post 769085)
1.) also can this be brought down on carnet??

I would think yes.

Quote:

2.) do cd plates mean its on carnet

No, CD plates do not mean carnet.

Quote:

3.) can a non-consulate bring down a car on carnet?

Yes you can provided you meet rest of the conditions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayavi (Post 769007)
This car is sold in only three colors I guess - Blue, yellow and black. Blue is the best of the lot.

White, Silver, Gold(champagne) and deep maroon (Black Cherry Pearl I believe is the color) are the other options.

Car looks terrific in all black.

i'm guessing ti was either 77CD or 11CD right? or maybe UN?! Embassey cars can be sold off here in India when the owners are leaving the country. Best time to buy their cars are when they have to evacuate :D
I remember one of my friends selling her 4 month old Land Cruiser for 12 Lacs:Shockked:

Quote:

this car is like damn cheap only 20k in the us right??

The base version starts at $24K. A fairly loaded version gets closer to the $30-33K mark.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 769248)
White, Silver, Gold(champagne) and deep maroon (Black Cherry Pearl I believe is the color) are the other options.

Car looks terrific in all black.

My knowledge is from 2006 when I checked the FJ-Cruiser site before it was launched in US market. At that time they only had three colors on that site and those are the only colors I saw on the streets as well. May be the site wasn't updated when I saw it.