Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2008, 02:00   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
anyways 1 cr it too much to pay for a nissan in india. id rather buy this abroad for 33 laks whenever. i love this car in red, killer. paying one crore and driving a car in a country where roads collape just like that. its so scary. i can imagine what a ferrari or lambo driver here must be going through while driving here. every minute the tention of someone scrapping your car..... and if the car was from japan they have RHD there itself. who owns the hypermotor sports anyways ? where are they based ? in india and uk right.
The associates are based in UK, but that does not matter as the car will be shipped from Japan. Some paperwork may be handled by their UK based associates.

And trust me, one will enjoy the hyper cars more in India. Though the occasions will be limited coz of the road conditions here. But it surely feels great to own one in our own country where people recognize you rather than posing in front of outsiders if if you are a resident of that country now. Plus these cars surely turn more heads in India rather than in developed countries. Its feels great and privileged and powerful to own one in India. Its gives you a level of self-satisfaction that you have achieved something. In places like California where people say Corvettes are like rikshaws, wouldn't that dampen your spirits a little (very little but still) even if you own one.
Would Manish Asrani click so many pictures of exotics (for us) like Porsches, Audis, BMW Ms, Ferrari, Lamborghini, MB AMGs, etc had he been an Indian based in California. Even if he did would we view them with the same enthusiasm like we do when we see that these cars are in Bangalore India. I guess not.

Plus you hit those insane intended speeds here more often than in developed countries where you do that only on the track coz of speed limits on regular roads. We hit those speeds very often on a empty highway, expressways and similar. Bombay-pune, Bombay-Nasik, Bombay-goa are few examples. There are many such in other parts of the country. Though risky but we all do it, dont we?

Regarding scratches/scrapping, when you can afford such a car in India, you surely have the resources to keep it in tip-top condition always. People owning such cars usually have dedicated garages and people to look after these beauties.

Forget hyper cars, on a side note, just see how much interest and enthusiasm does a Civic turbo brings in India. Would it be the same if you plan to turbo your civic in US/UK or similar nations.

Dont want sound like a biased Indian, but its just my honest and frank opinion.

Last edited by dipen : 1st May 2008 at 02:06.
Old 1st May 2008, 02:36   #227
BHPian

Check this out! NISSAN GT-R Spec V in 2010
A lighter version of GTR with more power and of-course more price. it might have 550 HP and light weight bcos of plenty of carbon fiber and aluminium.

Last edited by VIPER_SRT : 1st May 2008 at 02:41.
Old 1st May 2008, 03:12   #228
Senior - BHPian

Its a tradition which the Skyline GTRs have been following religiously at Nissan.
Similar to how Porsche has a RS version, Ferraris with challenge and Scruderia versions. A dedicated track oriented machine.
Old 1st May 2008, 15:49   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Check this out! NISSAN GT-R Spec V in 2010
A lighter version of GTR with more power and of-course more price. it might have 550 HP and light weight bcos of plenty of carbon fiber and aluminium.
The V Spec is gonna be somewhere closer to 600 bhp . And is gonna cost 40000$ more than the base GT-R .

The current GT-R is not producing 480bhp as told by nissan but is producing 520 bhp .

Here is a link on the new V-SPEC - Nissan GT-R V-Spec comfirmed, spotted out on track | JapanCarBlog.com
Old 3rd May 2008, 19:27   #230
BHPian

a little biased view but had to give it anyway.
if you find the 911turbo just a little slow, the GT2 does the job still in comparison with GTR.
its faster to 60mph, to 100mph and has a much higher top speed.
an extended warranty option of a cool 9 years even in INDIA. an INDIAN MANUFACTURED car cant give such peace of mind. the warranty can be transferred to the 2nd,3rd etc etc owners.
And we do whatever we could to satisfy a customer. But situations are not the same at all times.
Old 4th May 2008, 11:20   #231
Senior - BHPian

@doctorque,
if you are comparing the Gt2 to the Gtr, it would be biased, as it costs almost thrice as much as the GTR.
Old 4th May 2008, 11:32   #232
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
@doctorque,
if you are comparing the Gt2 to the Gtr, it would be biased, as it costs almost thrice as much as the GTR.
not to mention the gtr lapped the nurburing a whole 3 seconds faster than the GT2 !! at 7 :29 .. thats the latest headline!!
Old 4th May 2008, 11:37   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
not to mention the gtr lapped the nurburing a whole 3 seconds faster than the GT2 !! at 7 :29 .. thats the latest headline!!

Not to mention the V spec would decimate any competition. But I think Porsche really isn't competing with the GTR.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:21   #234
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
But I think Porsche really isn't competing with the GTR.
Agree. Porsche should not even think of comparing it. I feel the class, presence speaks for itself.
Old 4th May 2008, 22:31   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
Agree. Porsche should not even think of comparing it. I feel the class, presence speaks for itself.
I think it is a coincidence that the Two have been compared. Shows the GTRs pedigree.
Old 4th May 2008, 23:05   #236

The GTR is quite an amazing car for the performance .. Prestige is something it will never have!!
Old 5th May 2008, 01:58   #237
BANNED

this is a GTR thread, why is it compared to a porsche. they are way too different of a segment to compare. person buying a 599 ferrari will buy that even though he can get a lp 640. its just a matter of choice. a guy who can get a nissan here can afford a porsche in india too. abroad if u have a porsche it will be more value than a nissan after all no matter how powerful it can ever get. their prices will always be REAL... so stop comparing and post more pics of all colors of the GTA already
Old 5th May 2008, 02:10   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
............so stop comparing and post more pics of all colors of the GTA already
Jesal buddy..Why do you want to post pictures of me in different colors?
Old 5th May 2008, 11:42   #239
BANNED

i want to see pictures of the gtr in all colors that are running on the roads here. if you do want to put your pics up i think there is a thread there too
Old 5th May 2008, 23:09   #240
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Simple question, is there anyone here who's been on the wheel of a porsche? If so, what was your overall experience like? Speaking of the GTR, it is state of the art and damn right quick, road presence is superior.
Now, taking into account that this a car thats built only for performance..plus you can never have any guy in India peeking into the electronics. What do you do? Get a slightly slower PORSCHE with a 9year warranty? or drive a GTR with importers support and no warranty? Think hard before you make that decision. From my point of view the GTR is fabulous, however no matter what scanners and tools anyone might have, manufacturers support is crucial. So if you wanna drive a fast jap machine with thorough straight line acceleration..GTR is the only option. If you want peace of mind with 9 year warranty and a car thats no way slow..for any roads.(PORSCHE). PLus years of prestige and MANUFACTURER SUPPORT. THEN, its gotta be a porsche. IMO. Most would say GTR. I agree. Its not always a matter of practicality for most people.

Most Viewed