Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2008, 23:21   #241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Simple question, is there anyone here who's been on the wheel of a porsche? If so, what was your overall experience like? Speaking of the GTR, it is state of the art and damn right quick, road presence is superior.
Now, taking into account that this a car thats built only for performance..plus you can never have any guy in India peeking into the electronics. What do you do? Get a slightly slower PORSCHE with a 9year warranty? or drive a GTR with importers support and no warranty? Think hard before you make that decision. From my point of view the GTR is fabulous, however no matter what scanners and tools anyone might have, manufacturers support is crucial. So if you wanna drive a fast jap machine with thorough straight line acceleration..GTR is the only option. If you want peace of mind with 9 year warranty and a car thats no way slow..for any roads.(PORSCHE). PLus years of prestige and MANUFACTURER SUPPORT. THEN, its gotta be a porsche. IMO. Most would say GTR. I agree. Its not always a matter of practicality for most people.

I'd like to address a few things here. I am not pro or against what you say. Just contributing my 2 cents worth.

1 - No , it is built for practicality as well,as it has 2 seats in the rear which are more comfortable than the "bench" seats in a P car. (Not to mention the GT2/GT3 don't have rear seats)

2 - I am pretty sure it handles well too. 7 mins 29sec on the 'Ring. Any one?

3 - No. If you want to beg for service and wait for them to call you back at their ease, then get a Porsche. Honestly, I'd rather service the car my self (yeah,Porsche service here is bad)
Old 5th May 2008, 23:40   #242
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I don't get it, I hear from everyone that porsche service here is bad, are there any porsche owners on the forum? please give me your opinion on the service. Doctorque works for Porsche here and it seems their customers are very happy. I wonder if its really that bad. In personal opinion I would consider buying a GTR only in a foreign country. Porsches have been in India forever now. Well, I guess the fact that most claim that the porsche service sucks, only would come from someone who might have used their services. I wouldn't know unless someone told me..And believe me in this part of the world.. the word of mouth is like wildfire. Before you know it people would say start something and boom the whole community follows unless proven otherwise.

So GTR is practical..agreed. Its fast..agreed. Its the best damn supercar 1cr can buy?
I love the GTR, I'm not saying no here. i mean ask anyone on the forum about my likes on a skyline..they are a dream to own.
I guess since most agree on the GTR then yeah..go spend some dough man. And get a GTR badge in the house.
I know I would. Not in this country though.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:16   #243
Senior - BHPian

Actually, the earlier reply was from a porsche owner, first hand experience i belive.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:27   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
I don't get it, I hear from everyone that porsche service here is bad, are there any porsche owners on the forum? please give me your opinion on the service. Doctorque works for Porsche here and it seems their customers are very happy. I wonder if its really that bad. In personal opinion I would consider buying a GTR only in a foreign country. Porsches have been in India forever now. Well, I guess the fact that most claim that the porsche service sucks, only would come from someone who might have used their services. I wouldn't know unless someone told me..And believe me in this part of the world.. the word of mouth is like wildfire. Before you know it people would say start something and boom the whole community follows unless proven otherwise.

So GTR is practical..agreed. Its fast..agreed. Its the best damn supercar 1cr can buy?
I love the GTR, I'm not saying no here. i mean ask anyone on the forum about my likes on a skyline..they are a dream to own.
I guess since most agree on the GTR then yeah..go spend some dough man. And get a GTR badge in the house.
I know I would. Not in this country though.
Yeah Nitroxx.. I am a 997 C2 owner here in Chandigarh. The service is really bad. First hand exp. I have dealt with Porsche Delhi only. May be in other parts of India, it might be better.
Old 6th May 2008, 00:29   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
this is a GTR thread, why is it compared to a porsche. they are way too different of a segment to compare. person buying a 599 ferrari will buy that even though he can get a lp 640. its just a matter of choice. a guy who can get a nissan here can afford a porsche in india too. abroad if u have a porsche it will be more value than a nissan after all no matter how powerful it can ever get. their prices will always be REAL... so stop comparing and post more pics of all colors of the GTA already
i think that really says it all.....
Old 6th May 2008, 18:15   #246
BHPian

so what we can say here is...
Not all customers are facing what the gentleman from chandigarh is (dont know what was the service required, that was not addressed to)...
But what do you have to say if the gentle man with the White GTR comes to the PORSCHE Centre Mumbai with the GTR to show us the car for some other wordly noise that is coming from the car already as he could find only us to help him out the best for his machine (which shows how happy he actually is with his 911 turbo, which he is keeping still)...
time will tell for the GTR owners...
Old 6th May 2008, 19:48   #247
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Flipsyde, I take your opinion. Doctorque - thanks. I rest my case.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th May 2008 at 05:25. Reason: Please avoid...typing...like this..
Old 7th May 2008, 01:45   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
But what do you have to say if the gentle man with the White GTR comes to the PORSCHE Centre Mumbai with the GTR to show us the car for some other wordly noise that is coming from the car already as he could find only us to help him out the best for his machine (which shows how happy he actually is with his 911 turbo, which he is keeping still)...
time will tell for the GTR owners...
Well, what I can conclude is :
1. Not all dealerships and service centers are equally good or bad. Overall I believe, dealers should try their best to keep happy owners of such cars else he would lose faith in their brand and his word counts as he could turn off a potential buyer. Its good that the GTR owner comes to you in case of any issues. It shows that you have treated him well and thats appreciable.
2. Regarding the noise coming from the GTR, we must understand that Indian road and environment conditions are not the best in the world and no manufacturer considers testing their products in India. Some day they will. Well, not defending the GTR, but these are some facts.
3. The best thing about the GTR is it costs almost half as much as the 911 turbo and thats what makes everyone a little biased towards it. Its the heritage the RB26dett has built over the years.

Question to all:
How much does it cost to buy a diagnostic tool for a Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, GTR if you own one.
Old 7th May 2008, 09:28   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
we must understand that Indian road and environment conditions are not the best in the world and no manufacturer considers testing their products in India. Some day they will.
Edit :
Just read in the other thread that Audi is testing the A3s in india. So manufactures are now getting very serious about India. Next we can hope is some exotic testing their mules in India. I believe first would be Porsche as they have sizable volumes doing duty on Indian streets.

Last edited by dipen : 7th May 2008 at 09:29.
Old 7th May 2008, 16:31   #250
BHPian

can we get back to the main topic : Nissan GT-R : please ?
All the other posts have been informative but irrelevant.

I am waiting for the pics of the white GT-R - come on boys !!
Old 7th May 2008, 16:50   #251
BHPian

got a lot of pictures of the white GTR, but cant share or post them.
its our privilged customers car.
so its against the RULE.
( thats what i call customer satisfaction)
Old 7th May 2008, 17:42   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so its against the RULE.
So you secretly admire the GTR and hence you have taken the pics ??
Old 8th May 2008, 12:01   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so its against the RULE.
If you have them on the phone, I'd like to see them when we meet next dude.
Old 8th May 2008, 12:15   #254
BANNED

Hi,

Is he Pratap by any chance. If so getting the pics will not be a problem.

Viper

Quote:
so its against the RULE.
Old 8th May 2008, 15:06   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Is he Pratap by any chance. If so getting the pics will not be a problem.

Viper
It is his car . So please put up the pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks