Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 13:01   #331
Senior - BHPian

@Speedy
As far as I know, the grey GTR imported by Fireblader was way above 85 landed cost to the owner. Not sure if it was Mumbai reg. If by your friend ( you mean P****p
)got the GTR for 75, it is also important that you consider as to which state the car was registered.

Some areas where there could be cost saving
- Get a base GTR instead of the premium version
- Shipping via sea instead of air
- Third part insurance Vs comprehensive ( Not sure if this is allowed in 1st year).
- NL, MP, HR registrations. OR any MH except (MH 01, 02, 03) for Maharashtra cars.

All the above collectively can save close to 5 laks approx.

@Immobiliare
If you have imported cars yourelf in past, please share details and your experiences. It would benefit many of us.
Old 8th December 2008, 13:14   #332
BHPian

OH MY GAWD!!!

It's raining GTRs!!!

Well okay, it's only a light drizzle yet. But who's complaining!

I dig the one in white.

And, I read somewhere that the driving console has a meter to measure G-Force. Wicked people these Nissan guys
Old 8th December 2008, 14:42   #333
BHPian

Why isn't anyone considering the fine and penalty?? the price will definately go up when we add that.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:40   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
OH MY GAWD!!!

And, I read somewhere that the driving console has a meter to measure G-Force. Wicked people these Nissan guys
G-Force meter was also present in the Skyline R34 GTR, but the R35 has added a lot of new screens in the console.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblader85 View Post
Why isn't anyone considering the fine and penalty?? the price will definately go up when we add that.
Since the car is imported from the originating country, is well above 40000 USD, is a RHD; could you explain the reason for fine and penalty. Not doubting you but just asking.

Last edited by dipen : 8th December 2008 at 20:42.
Old 9th December 2008, 01:24   #335
BHPian

cost

well dipen have no problems clearing any doubts that you have about importing. i can tell you all that i know from my experiences.

speedy if your friends are getting the car for below 75lakhs i would really love to know how? cause ive managed to get it down to 75L only by ordering earlier and cutting costs and even cutting some laws..small ones though..hehe! so if they have pls find out and share it with everyone here cuase im sure there are ppl here in team bhp who would all love to know buy one cheaper than that.thanks!

And there is no fine or penalty for this car! why would one have to pay any fine or penalty? dont understand explain...cause ive never paid any sort of fines or penaties.
Old 9th December 2008, 08:45   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
@Speedy
As far as I know, the grey GTR imported by Fireblader was way above 85 landed cost to the owner. Not sure if it was Mumbai reg. If by your friend ( you mean P****p
)got the GTR for 75, it is also important that you consider as to which state the car was registered.

Some areas where there could be cost saving
- Get a base GTR instead of the premium version
- Shipping via sea instead of air
- Third part insurance Vs comprehensive ( Not sure if this is allowed in 1st year).
- NL, MP, HR registrations. OR any MH except (MH 01, 02, 03) for Maharashtra cars.

All the above collectively can save close to 5 laks approx.
Yes P's car was cheaper, that what he told me. The white one is his. The Grey one belongs to T.G. and he also gave me a figure less than 75 lakhs. Both of them are known to me.

You dont save about 5 lakhs collectively, registration itself saves you close to 10 lakhs. I know this as my ML saved me about that much getting it registered in another state.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:29   #337
BHPian

i completely agree with speedy

a cousin of mine saved close to15L just by taking the delivery of his 911 4S from the delhi showroom.
there is a substantial difference in the sales tax alone.

about 7-8 years back another cousin of mine saved close to 8L by registering his S class in MP rather than MH.

all legitimately done.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:49   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

The gunmetal grey GTR was parked at a garage near Candies Bandra reclamation yesterday with its hood up.
That garage always seems to be repairing imports, have seen plenty of LX470s there and even Salman Khans E39 M5.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:46   #339
BHPian

@dipen - There is no type approval certificate for japanese and american cars...hence the fine & penalty.
Old 9th December 2008, 13:49   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@dipen - There is no type approval certificate for japanese and american cars...hence the fine & penalty.
So do Honda and Toyota pay this fine & penalty when they import CR-Vs and Camrys respectively?
Old 9th December 2008, 17:07   #341
BHPian

The CRV & Camry both imported but are homologated in India cars so there is no type approval required. Its just Arai docs.
Old 9th December 2008, 17:33   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Was a bit delayed but here it is. India's first 2008 Nissan GTR. Just came out yesterday. The car looks killer in the flesh. It is dark metallic grey in colour and rides on 20 inch rims. The car has to be seen to be believed. It is derestricted and ready to go. Here are first ever exclusive pictures ONLY on Team BHP Enjoy

Awesome pics Fireblader!! And awesome car as well!

Can I ask exactly how much the cost came up to and which dealer (if any) you used?
Old 9th December 2008, 23:33   #343
BHPian

Gtr

well i dont think its possible unless its been imported in an unlawful method. Its my opinion that the person who has imported it is jus not giving out the correct price.Anyway for ppl who want to know the prices now it has gone up to.
8,610,000YEN = 45,89,124INR and

9,240,000YEN = 49,40,242INR according to the current exchange rates.

add another 2500USD for shipping and insurance, 110% for customs+road tax+insurance+the dealer handling charges.

So you will be easily looking at upward of 1Crore for people who have not booked the car before the 3rd of december.

And fireblader there are no fines or penalties as the type approval certificate which was supposed to be acquired from the country of origin has now been lifted and the car which is upward of $40,000 and a 3000cc engine in petrol and 2500cc in diesel needs only to meet EU Regulations.SO no type approval certificate is needed anymore.Check the new revised regulations.
Old 9th December 2008, 23:55   #344
BHPian

Cop

sorry!! there is a type approval in india! sorry! jus got mixed up between the UK and Indian regulations. You do need a type approval from the ministry of land,agriculture and transport which does not meet all the ECE regulations therefore is not valid and a fine and penalty of about 5Lakhs+ will be imposed.
Old 10th December 2008, 18:30   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
Anyway for ppl who want to know the prices now it has gone up to.
8,610,000YEN = 45,89,124INR and

9,240,000YEN = 49,40,242INR according to the current exchange rates.

add another 2500USD for shipping and insurance, 110% for customs+road tax+insurance+the dealer handling charges.

So you will be easily looking at upward of 1Crore for people who have not booked the car before the 3rd of december.

Why such an increase in price?
Wasn't the price around 33 lakhs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks