Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 15:19   #166
BHPian

Re: Pics: Shelby GT500 Ford Mustang Cobra in Mumbai

Was driving to work today around 11:30 AM and was overtaken by a Maserati Quattroporte. As I bellowed because I heard an Italian V8 at full chat, a louder, meaner V8 burble emerged from next to me. I looked up and saw this exact car and made a few observations.

1. It's not owned by SAK anymore
2. It has been converted to RHD, by whom, I have no idea
3. It made a slightly weird sound, and no I am not talking about the whine of the supercharger
4. It seems to be in decent nick but could do with a detail and full wax.

This car has disappeared from our streets, for one reason or another and I wish to know more details. Can someone please message me if possible the whereabouts of this car.

Also, having read the thread in much detail, this is no longer the only Shelby in Mumbai. New or *cough* old *cough*
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2015, 20:01   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taronish_E View Post
1. It's not owned by SAK anymore
2. It has been converted to RHD, by whom, I have no idea
3. It made a slightly weird sound, and no I am not talking about the whine of the supercharger

Also, having read the thread in much detail, this is no longer the only Shelby in Mumbai. New or *cough* old *cough*
The car was always RHD IIRC.
SAK sold it I was told to a dealer, but it's further information isn't known.

One a side note,
You've got a bad cough there bro
Old 14th February 2015, 21:13   #168
BHPian

Quote:
This is no longer the only Shelby in Mumbai. New or *cough* old *cough*
Finally someone mentions it! Are the incidents in the past responsible for that particular car not being discussed here? Because noways that beautiful car is going unnoticed
Impala59 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 12:39   #169
BHPian

The incidents of the past are just that - and there is a new level of maturity and also, you could say, the need to be incognito.

The car is not discussed here as it is the owner's wish and I would like to keep it that way and one thing is for sure - it does NOT go unnoticed! EVER!
Old 16th February 2015, 13:16   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the other car that you are so "cough, cough" ing about it not a shelby or a mustang at all. It is a 1967 "Eleanor" Mustang Replica, In simple terms for you..It only looks like a mustang but has nothing of the original Mustangs in or on it. Also the car is a 2011- 2012 production car. Please do get the facts right before coughing out wrong information.
Old 16th February 2015, 13:23   #171
BHPian

AFAIK - the car is a 67/68 Mustang shell and has been rebuilt by Classic Recreations to the owner's specifications - and the starting point for that is a 900SS (Super Snake)

The original chassis was supplied by the owner himself which is done with most cars and if not then the company themselves finds an old Mustang shell and uses it.
Old 16th February 2015, 13:54   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK - the car is a 67/68 Mustang shell and has been rebuilt by Classic Recreations to the owner's specifications - and the starting point for that is a 900SS (Super Snake)

The original chassis was supplied by the owner himself which is done with most cars and if not then the company themselves finds an old Mustang shell and uses it.
Well your free to believe what you want.. . The 900ss is a whole different vehicle to What the Bombay owner has brought down, his is the Eleanor mustang replica. By the way all the cars the company makes are to owners specifications.

Well are you trying to tell me the owner had a Gt500 here that he sent..what a joke…The car that went from here on grounds of work was a pony..1967 6cyl square body.

So acording to you an Eagle E type is an original E type..hillarious.
Old 16th February 2015, 14:03   #173
BHPian

I never suggested that the chassis sent was an original GT500 Shelby one. However, it was an original Mustang and I just made a guess from the tone of your earlier post that you had deduced it was based off another car like so many replicas (the Countach for example currently in the city).

The car sent was a well-used and abused Mustang, never mentioned the word 'Shelby' or 'GT(xxx)' anywhere always referring to it as a Mustang and only the year of manufacture.

Either ways, that is besides the point - the car is here, it is magnificent and I believe that it is a gem in the crown jewel of India's supercars - whatever its origins and backstory may be.

Don't wish to start an argument with speedybhai, your knowledge is superb and thanks for your feedback. Gotta watch my cough now!
Old 16th February 2015, 14:19   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you need to remember what you write..

Quote:
I never suggested that the chassis sent was an original GT500 Shelby one. However, it was an original Mustang and I just made a guess from the tone of your earlier post that you had deduced it was based off another car like so many replicas (the Countach for example currently in the city).

The car sent was a well-used and abused Mustang, never mentioned the word 'Shelby' or 'GT(xxx)' anywhere always referring to it as a Mustang and only the year of manufacture.

Either ways, that is besides the point - the car is here, it is magnificent and I believe that it is a gem in the crown jewel of India's supercars - whatever its origins and backstory may be.

Don't wish to start an argument with speedybhai, your knowledge is superb and thanks for your feedback. Gotta watch my cough now!
Well i would not like to go into much details, but can tell you the car was commissioned way before the red one left India. The red girl was hardly used but well abused is how i would put it.

I never deducted anything, as i am aware of the happenings and how the cars are built and what is used. The company uses the original chassis for their builds, but high powered spec cars have a custom chassis built.

Well you did not say gt or shelby went..you mentioned it came back a shelby.

Its not even an argument, I am just trying to educate you with the facts.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 19:46   #175
BHPian

Speedybhai I heard you had an enlightening conversation with the owner and realized the true credentials of a beautiful car.

I hope to see more of the car around Mumbai soon

Last edited by Taronish_E : 13th May 2015 at 19:51. Reason: Earlier post struck an insulting tone. feel free to delete MODS
Taronish_E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 19:56   #176
BHPian

lets leave that car out of any discussion please. enough is enough.
insideman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 15:40   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

After the red Mustang on Carnet in Hyderabad, and the 2015 Mustang Fastback at ARAI, here's another Mustang Convertible spotted at Borivali,Mumbai today by Instagrammer @supercarsinmumbaii. It is running Dubai plates I am told.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics: Shelby GT500 Ford Mustang Cobra in Mumbai-1436004514627.jpg  

Last edited by ///RMan : 4th July 2015 at 15:55.
///RMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 09:51   #178
Senior - BHPian

I'm not a 100% sure, but I saw a car similar to this last night in SoBo:

Pics: Shelby GT500 Ford Mustang Cobra in Mumbai-1967_ford_mustang_shelby_gt500_eleanor.jpg
Image Source

It surely sounded like no other car I've heard. Any more details on this?

Edit: Just read the above few posts. So it is a replica, is it?

Last edited by S2!!! : 7th July 2015 at 09:57.
S2!!! is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2015, 10:29   #179
MSC
BHPian

Ever since I saw the Hollywood classic "Gone in 60 seconds", I have been a big fan of the Shelby. The one used in movie was an older one.
But the one in above pictures is definitely a showstopper.
Old 7th July 2015, 22:59   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
After the red Mustang on Carnet in Hyderabad, and the 2015 Mustang Fastback at ARAI, here's another Mustang Convertible spotted at Borivali,Mumbai today by Instagrammer @supercarsinmumbaii. It is running Dubai plates I am told.
Interesting. Looks like it has a fake 5.0 badge on the side fender but is actually a V6 going by the hood and grill Same wheels as those on mine.

Most Viewed