Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2008, 18:49   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
yes that's an El Camino, belongs to my neighbour...it's a project car, and he's sticking a Chevy LS2 in it...it should push some serious power after that!

Advise him to slap on the new LS3.
Old 7th April 2008, 21:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Advise him to slap on the new LS3.
yeah dude that would be the way to go, but he's getting the engine from a scrapyard, and well i guess it all has to do with budget at the end of the day....The camino is only a toy for him. He has a vette for the weekends, and a few other cars for the daily

What's the latest on ur LP? u going with the 640 and not the 560 right
Old 7th April 2008, 22:09   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah dude that would be the way to go, but he's getting the engine from a scrapyard, and well i guess it all has to do with budget at the end of the day....The camino is only a toy for him. He has a vette for the weekends, and a few other cars for the daily

What's the latest on ur LP? u going with the 640 and not the 560 right

Yessir. Pearl Orange (first in the country) 640 with e gear. Getting MS racing exhausts (straight pipes) within 3 months of delivery.
Old 7th April 2008, 22:14   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Yessir. Pearl Orange (first in the country) 640 with e gear. Getting MS racing exhausts (straight pipes) within 3 months of delivery.
cool...keep me posted, would love to be in Delhi at the time of delivery
...It's something about seeing these cars in India...I've seen loads of exotics abroad, there are a couple of Ferraris and things of sort where I live in both No Cal and So Cal, but it still isn't as majestic as seeing one in India
Old 7th April 2008, 22:26   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cool...keep me posted, would love to be in Delhi at the time of delivery
...It's something about seeing these cars in India...I've seen loads of exotics abroad, there are a couple of Ferraris and things of sort where I live in both No Cal and So Cal, but it still isn't as majestic as seeing one in India

Oh cool! I have my first cousins in L.A. in SoCal. I have been visiting them every year for 2 months since the past 10 years.. We should meet up some time there when we are out for summer vacations.. I also maintain a mini stable there consisting of the 997 Carrera S (Lapis Blue) and a black B7 RS4.
Old 7th April 2008, 23:31   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Oh cool! I have my first cousins in L.A. in SoCal. I have been visiting them every year for 2 months since the past 10 years.. We should meet up some time there when we are out for summer vacations.. I also maintain a mini stable there consisting of the 997 Carrera S (Lapis Blue) and a black B7 RS4.
wow those are some nice wheels...mine are more modest I'm most probably getting an M5 there...we have a house in PV, but I'm rarely in So Cal anymore, bro's in the North. My parents come down there often, I got bored of LA, now I go to Miami, NYC and Phili for the bulk of my summers. But I will definately let you know when I'm in PV. Perhaps a race after I get my M5

Also do you mean a B7 as in Alpina or is it a model of the RS4?
Old 8th April 2008, 09:37   #127
BHPian

This is amongst the most desirable cars on my list , i really envy him man ! what a taste
Old 8th April 2008, 13:43   #128
BHPian

Gt500

oh man!!!! a SHELBY GT500.. never in my wildest dreams did i ever imagine we will see this beauty in india and where do they make RHD versions. never new a mustang came in RHD....now for some competition may we also get the ROUSH MUSTANG.
Old 8th April 2008, 20:49   #129
BHPian

Hey I just heard something quite unbelieveable...I was talking about this Shelby with a friend of mine who lives in Nerul, Navi Mumbai...He said and I quote
"SO what if Saif got a Shelby, there's a 65/67 GT with GT500 writted on the sides here in Nerul"

I've asked him for a pic, he told me he had to look through his computer and get back to me. He's definately reliable, and he knows his cars decently, so if he says it's a Shelby, it's a Shelby...

Anyone have any info whatsoever about this car?

Edit: Oh yeah car is LHD

Last edited by DocG : 8th April 2008 at 20:50.
Old 8th April 2008, 21:12   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
Just checked with a friend of mine who knows someone who imports cars ( In Delhi ). This would have cost with all proper Import Duties, Custom Clearance & Registeration and Insurance around 48.8 Lacs !!!

If I ever had this kind of money to blow on a car, I'd buy this than an E-Class or 5 Series Beemer !! What say ??
You are not including the conversion cost, its not possible to be in under 50L with the conversion for a shelby, and for a mustang GT thats a high price..

Quote:
Hmm for that money , or may be a bit more, I would've bought the ultimate collector's car. The Ford GTX1 . What say?
absolutely...thats a perfect car to own in india in my opinion..not to fancy on the motor and can easily be serviced by someone with a little experience on high end cars and would be more exclusive than a ferrari or a lambo..

even for the price of an added shelby attached, you wouldnt be paying duty on it, so whats another 20L on top of the 1.65 cr that one is willing to spend on the ford GT..

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th April 2008 at 07:16. Reason: Merged
Old 10th April 2008, 12:18   #131
BHPian

The best Mustang i have seen has to be this one.. shear beauty i must say...check the amount of detailing done on it..

The World Famous - West Coast Customs™
Old 10th April 2008, 12:29   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Nice, very nice!! The Nawabi shauks seem to continue!!
Sir, is that a Jag XK 140/150 below your signature?
Old 10th April 2008, 14:32   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netchef View Post
Sir, is that a Jag XK 140/150 below your signature?
Weismann MF3 Roadster I believe.
Old 10th April 2008, 21:27   #134

Is the suspension stock? She looks raised.

She sure can go, that I'm sure of, but the plastics used inside do look like what we get in the Marutis!
Old 12th April 2008, 21:33   #135

hey its a good muscle............... how much dose it costs inc all import duties & taxes ..........cheers:

Note from Mod : Please avoid using excessive dots in your posts for the sake of readability, as per the Team-BHP rules. Avoid SMS language (inc = including), and please re-read your posts for typos before posting.

Last edited by Rehaan : 13th April 2008 at 02:02. Reason: Please see note in post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks