Team-BHP - LHD Suzuki Gypsy/Jimmy
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   LHD Suzuki Gypsy/Jimmy (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/37983-lhd-suzuki-gypsy-jimmy.html)

Here are some pictures of a rare LHD gypsy/ jimmy. Notice the original short Wheelbase and the original wheels. I soo want this car. Infact i am going to ask if it is for sale.

Anyone knows about the engine in this car? It appears to be a normal gypsy otherwise. And If i buy it, Will i be able to get LHD spares??

Its a Suzuki Samurai SJ series. (SJ410/413)
This jeep came with a 1.0 litre or later with a 1.3 litre engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 785867)
Its a Suzuki Samurai SJ series. (SJ410/413)
This jeep came with a 1.0 litre or later with a 1.3 litre engine.

So it is not a jimmy??
How good were these?

no not a JimNy!

Its a samurai SJ410. there is a bleak chance of being a SJ413. same, as maruti name them MG410 and 413 for gypsy

its holds the current title for ataining highest altitude by a 4x4.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 785887)
no not a JimNy!

Its a samurai SJ410. there is a bleak chance of being a SJ413. same, as maruti name them MG410 and 413 for gypsy

its holds the current title for ataining highest altitude by a 4x4.

Super. I have to have it now!!!

Its a 1lt Gypsy similar to the black one that stands beneath your bldg

Its the original.But, it looks like it has really been abused.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 785846)

Anyone knows about the engine in this car? It appears to be a normal gypsy otherwise. And If i buy it, Will i be able to get LHD spares??

cyrus,
that's a nice find clap:

i don't think spares will be an issue, everything from the gypsy will fit apart from some things like the steering linkages/ tie rods, rear propeller shaft and brake lines.
the sj410 is identical to the mg410, bar a few country specific changes made to the carburettor, exhaust system, etc.

this should be a fun project. pick it up if you can.
and here's the link to the world record breaking suzuki samurai/ sj413
Chileans top Jeep altitude record...with modded Suzuki Samurai - Autoblog

cheers

mmmm.. nice find cyrus.. but looks abused/neglected... the Short Wheel base looks awesome on a Gypsy..

Infact, I was about to start a project for shortening the length of my gypsy by removing the "rear overhang" from the rear wheel onwards. Had even talked to a mechanic, done all the prep work and was mentally prepared also -- but somehow it got delayed and then I dropped the idea....

thats a good sanurai but the record braking samurai had a supercharged G16a.
Buy it if getting a real good deal else you are better of with a gypsy

Thats a beautiful jeep, pick it up man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khan_sultan (Post 843798)
mmmm.. nice find cyrus.. but looks abused/neglected... the Short Wheel base looks awesome on a Gypsy..

Infact, I was about to start a project for shortening the length of my gypsy by removing the "rear overhang" from the rear wheel onwards. Had even talked to a mechanic, done all the prep work and was mentally prepared also -- but somehow it got delayed and then I dropped the idea....

There is someone here who has already done that & the Gypsy looks mean.

hope that you have not picked it up.

What does this one have which our Gypsy doesn't other that the SWB?
Its a very abused vehicle. And the amount of patch work in it is quiet high.

Yeah it will be a very interesting project. But tough one.

Outsourcing parts will be as hard as that for 86's japan engined gypsies.
If you are a man collecting unique set of wheels, it makes sense.
As a day to day use one or as even as a second vehicle, this 1 wont make any sense

Maaan! Maruti should never have increased the Wheelbase for the Gypsy... wonder which retard thought of that?

the Short wheel base looks WICKED!! me want....!

Back home in darjeeling i have seen people who have decreased the length of gypsy.

Guess what i spotted the other day in jaipur...

LHD Suzuki Gypsy/Jimmy-img2191.jpg

It has a nicely fitting hard top made of FRP or Plastic.