Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2009, 16:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Now that I know the car I think they could surely keep her stored!! They practically own/inherited mumbai (property owned since pre independence) a fact not known widely, this from South Mumbai to Mira Road you will be zapped at the acherage.

Last edited by canonball : 19th May 2009 at 16:37.
Old 19th May 2009, 17:03   #77
BHPian

Its sad that people treat such beautiful cars with such negligence.
These are the beauties that neccesarily need to kept shining.
Old 19th May 2009, 18:32   #78
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
GTO now I got the picture this one was a slightly lighter gold purple color I know this car she was maintained (owner must have spent as much as it costed new on upkeep) at Tata's Modern garage
Last I checked, a fellow BHPian was on the way to buy this baby up I hope he is able to seal the deal and get her back on the road!!

Quote:
the owner has a W126 which his wife uses mostly and that still remains in the family I think but this one had been a complete black out sadly.
Ah, the days of mechanical simplicity. Why am I not surprised at the thought of a 10 year W140 gathering dust and a 20 year old W126 cruising along just fine?

Quote:
By the way if you are talking about a certian sea blue S400 (few in india) in mint condition she went to the south for a handsome amount much above the going rate for these I drove her few weeks ago and fell in love unfortunately I don't own HPCL/oil wells or don't know any shiekhs who will adopt me
Nope, talking about Shapoorji Paloonji's S600 which changed hands in the last 12 months. Original paint + interiors + service history. Most features working just fine. One of the best W140's I've seen, alongwith a certain black W140 (consulate owned) that is seen zipping around South Mumbai frequently.
Old 19th May 2009, 19:48   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I doubt it's got anything to do with paperwork. Belongs to a well-known Parsi industrialist family.

The green one? Did it sell for 11 lakhs eventually?
It has some thing with the paper work as well. Brought down for the owner by someone else so have to get that part checked.

I believe the car sold for 9 plus. The exact amount is not known. It was a lovely car. Another one (silver) was quoted at 24 lakhs and last i heard it came down to 20 lakhs.

Quote:
Last I checked, a fellow BHPian was on the way to buy this baby up I hope he is able to seal the deal and get her back on the road!!

Ah, the days of mechanical simplicity. Why am I not surprised at the thought of a 10 year W140 gathering dust and a 20 year old W126 cruising along just fine?
Hope so too, it would be a dream on the roads when she is in tip top shape. She is fully optioned with the Amg wheels and the interiors are in good shape too. Externally and probably mechanically there would be work. Keep your fingers crossed that she and her neighbour get a new home.

if i believe right the w126 has also been given rest at the residence of the owner. They now use the new E class and the S class.
Old 19th May 2009, 20:47   #80
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing this car in its prime. This was all maybe a couple of years ago. I hope our BHPian friend gets it clicking. I just love this odd tank shape.
Old 19th May 2009, 20:54   #81
BHPian

Quote:
My heart went out to this W140. Lying neglected and past it's prime, is there anyone who'd get her back to glorious days?
It hurts seeing such neglect, I can see through, the unseen damaged lurking inside in such neglects. She can be back on road, but not back to glorious days for sure. I shrug even thinking of someone disassembling its door and putting it back together as it was(say for painting).
Old 5th June 2009, 21:03   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Sppedy, these cars go for max-max..8.0lacs and that too if they're IMMACULATE. as for the 600...no one wants em free...trouble unlimited and guzles gas by the tankfuls.
I know coz i collect mercs and have seen quite a few of 140s which i wanted to purchase. went and bought a 126 300sel...whatta car. willpost pics after ive done up the work she needs.
Bang on; no one in his right mind will ever buy in India a W140 for 20 lakhs plus these cars are only worth 8 to 9 lakhs. I have seen a W140 lying in a workshop in Chennai for ages, it goes to Bangalore where it is originally from, for some time and presto it is right back in the garage for some repair or the other. It is prohibitively costly to get them repaired. But neverthless they are fantastic cars if one can keep them up and running they are simply too good you just cannot compare them with the present day mercs, no way. In my rating of Merc's; W126 is numero uno and W140 follows. I own a W126 and it is a fantastic vehicle.
Old 6th June 2009, 12:30   #83
Senior - BHPian

Had a word with the Owners and the only reply i got was we do not intend to sell it for now and we shall get back to you if we decide otherwise.

@ Vinny I was looking at a lower price than 8 for this perticular 600. The w140's do have issues but the shape and the ride compensates for it. Like you said if the car is done well and kept in top order the car would not have an problems.

@ Gogi bhai your the Merclopidia in my book, and you dont need to give me reasons. A simple yes and a no would do and the car is forgotten. I wanted the car for pure night drives and nothing more. Congratulations on the 300 sel bhai. There were two W126 300 Sel's standing on Malabar hill did you take one of those?.
Old 6th June 2009, 14:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

No Bro, i got mine from a direct importer. The Malabar Hill ones continue to stand there and wither. If you are interested in the Worli 600 call me ill let you know some details i have on that car. Take care.
Old 20th September 2009, 12:52   #85
Senior - BHPian

The run for the car starts all over again. Talks have resumed and hopefully this time we shall have something concrete on our hands. A fine present it would be, what say guys.
Old 20th September 2009, 12:58   #86
BHPian

i am also on a look out for the w140.found a few in bangalore.though did not know what the ongoing prices are for these cars took some help & usefull tips from our own Gogi.thanks Gogi.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:35   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
i am also on a look out for the w140.found a few in bangalore.though did not know what the ongoing prices are for these cars took some help & usefull tips from our own Gogi.thanks Gogi.
Which engine type are you looking out for Nandishpal? In Delhi they had a couple of s280 and 300's for sale. One car is featured in our market place.
If memory serves me right there was an Immaculate 500 in Bangalore. The person at that time had other fancy cars too. Dont know what happened to that car though.
Old 21st September 2009, 12:51   #88
BHPian

hey speedy the ones i have seen are S280 & S320.wouls love to own a 500 though.do you have the lead of the concern person for the car?
If memory serves me right there was an Immaculate 500 in Bangalore. The person at that time had other fancy cars too. Dont know what happened to that car though.[/quote]
Old 21st September 2009, 13:26   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
Anytime Nandishpal.

The 500 on the W140 is not very common. The W140 came to India mostly with the 320 trim. Some S320-L and some the normal wheel base. REally rare would be the S300-L which i have seen only one till date. It usd to be Yash Chopra's car and had come to me for sale many many years ago for a really sky rocket price.

i remember these cars sold for 45 lakhs in their prime. Today, well maintained cars should be well within the bracket of 7 lakhs or so. I always maintain, if one finds a car like that which is well maintained and original, its never a wrong move to pay 25-50K extra. It saves a lot of headache.

Of course some guys want the earth and moon for their cars but who can stop them. I remember a Dukkar in Delhi which Ishan had said was for sale for ( lakhs!! ALso when there was a sudden spurt in prices of all cars and especially MB Jeps, Karlji and me enquired about a pristine Ford Jeep in Pune also for 9 lakhs.

Stop laughing you guys, its true!!
Old 21st September 2009, 13:41   #90
BHPian

it often happens that the car you want to buy you tend to see it more often on the road.in my case that did not hppen in bangalore as there are very few w140's in bangalore.BUT last night i was watching the transporter on Star Movies & i saw atleast 5 to 6 of them in the best condition with lot of after market stuffs.sometimes your passion can be just too amazing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks