Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2008, 09:44   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosreview View Post
The second figure: 450 – The C63 carries a hand-built 6.2 litre V8 engine that produces 450hp at 6800rpm. The C63 carries a detuned engine from the E63. While the E63 delivers slightly over 500hp and 630nm, the detuned C63 delivers 450hp and 600nm. But, their 0-100kph figures are identical as the E63 weighs 1840kilos, which is 110kilos more than the C63. I learnt that the difference in figures is also dependant on the amount of air fed to the engine. Since, the highly restricted space under the bonnet of the C63 permits very less air for the engine to suck, it makes it faster than the E63.
Wonderful review Bros, as always. Would you mind explaining the above highlighted portion? I coudnt understand it fully. Why does less air sucked in make the vehicle go faster?
Old 3rd November 2008, 12:39   #107
BHPian

@jkdas - Thanks for reading and appreciating. Well, we got to know about the torque factor after Mercedes boasted about it during their world premier.

@srijit - Thanks for reading and appreciating. And, spotting my mistake. Umm, I reckon making an error there. I might have misunderstood my friend as I wrote that line. Our apologies.

You see, since C-Class are often small cars, the C63 does not need much power. Hence, the engine from the E-Class was directly put into the smaller car thereby occupying all the space.

More the air sucked in, more the translation into power.

The confusion was caused as the Brabus model (driven) has reduced the restriction for air intake and a remapped ECU to make it even more faster - Brabus B63 S. I confused the two while writing the review.

Sorry again.
Old 4th November 2008, 10:49   #108
BHPian

Ah, understood now. Thanks for the clarification
Old 4th November 2008, 13:07   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
The black edition you were talking about..??? then we need a separate thread for that.

Other than this c63 white has anyone seen another one in mumbai..??

i think mrs talati has it and i have seen in your cell would you please upload the pictures
Old 4th November 2008, 13:11   #110
BHPian

Saw the car a couple of days back parked outside my friends building and a couple of times on the road.looks like a hired sharpshooter.simply lethal.
sorry didnt have cam with me that day.
Old 4th November 2008, 14:01   #111
BHPian

Another splendid review,Brosreview!!

And i do agree, the M3 is, in most minds, established as a more driver centric car, and BMW also has first ground advantage.

How does the performance pack work? How is the speed limit removed?
Old 4th November 2008, 18:09   #112
BHPian

But car enthusiasts say that the 2008 m3 which ha a V8 engine is not as much responsive as the older versions which had an inline 6,which is BMW is best at.
Old 4th November 2008, 22:18   #113
BHPian

Man what an amazing car...Would love to have that in my garage!
Great review Team brosreview!
Old 5th November 2008, 03:07   #114
BHPian

@srijit - Glad you have understood.

@Nitronium - Hey there, thanks for reading and appreciating. The performance pack does add more brutality to the drive of the C63. Now, do not expect any extra bass in the growl as you will not be hearing any of that. But, you will get a limited slip diff. / locking rear differential, 10% stiffer suspension, composite brakes, aluminium trim, leather steering wheel. You would have noticed that there is no performance upgrade. But, then do you think it needs one?

Well, the result is good and bad. What's good is that the differential and the stiffer suspension allow different levels of traction and lateral grip which is not experienced in the standard C63. There is a lot of grip offered that it makes unsticking the C63 very hard. The diff. will further make sure that you are able to cope up.

What's bad is that the differential does make its presence known. It is noisy and gradually becomes intrusive.

What's bad is that you trade in comfort for the rigid chassis. The ride was already harsh on the standard C63. It is harder with the performance pack.

The "cope up" factor of the wheels pointed out in the review fades away. That means, it is better and more close to perfection. That means, it is slightly less exciting to drive. That means, and we mean this, it begins to feel like on tramlines.

If you ask us about owning one, we would ask you to re-think again and again. You see, the performance pack doesn't add any power. And, all the add-ons are frankly useless other than the differential, of course. However, the diff. is been given out as a separate option. The rest of the amount you pay makes the ride harder on the road and thus unsuitable for everyday driving.

So, you are better of sticking to the standard C63 and getting the differential fitted. You are better off enjoying a drunk status rather than blacking out and barfing. That, respectively is the difference between being in a C63 and a C63 with a performance pack.

@satansvalet - Hey there, thanks for reading. Umm, that is arguable. If you are a driver who likes to feel the mechanical engineering without the intervention of technology, the inline 6 is probably the M3 you should be seeking to buy. As you mentioned, it is more responsive. But, there will be a few people who will tell you that the V8 isn't bad either.

It is like the difference between the Evo VII and the Evo X.

@Brabus E V12
- Hey there, thanks for reading and appreciating.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:52   #115

great review as always.nice comparison with M3.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:38   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Was surprised when I read that this has 50% more torque than the M3!
Why is that surprising, given that the C63's engine is MORE than 50% bigger?
Old 6th November 2008, 13:35   #117
BANNED

guys the c63 is a car which is powerfull but as far as i know its not as fast as d m3 around corners is it?? its jus straight line acceleration with crazy powerslides on the turns .
no offence to anyone but thats my opinion about the car ,that it would be fun to drive but when it comes to the question of choosing which one to buy ( the m3 or c63 ) i guess you guys know were i went.
Old 6th November 2008, 13:52   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
guys the c63 is a car which is powerfull but as far as i know its not as fast as d m3 around corners is it?? its jus straight line acceleration with crazy powerslides on the turns .
no offence to anyone but thats my opinion about the car ,that it would be fun to drive but when it comes to the question of choosing which one to buy ( the m3 or c63 ) i guess you guys know were i went.
Every one has their own opinion , accord masters , as you rightly said. But when one is choosing a car , and I say in the most general terms , one does not look at how fast can one take a corner.
It is more about the fun of driving. So the C63 trumps the M3 in straight line (0 - 100 kmps) {which is what most of us do and what matters most in day to day street driving} , sound and seating capacity.

Now you ask me what I would think is the better car for track days, I would say hands down the M3. But for daily driving, the C63 any day.
Old 6th November 2008, 15:26   #119
BHPian

Hey all, thanks for reading.

@shivaprasad
- Thanks for appreciating.

@accord masters
- You are right while writing that the M3 is more balanced in the corners. If you have read, we have mentioned it in our review on Page 7 of this topic.

It is merely the merry factor that distinguishes the C63 from the M3. It is, as always, a matter of choice.

@ecksreturns - Agree with what you say, but with a slight difference. Yes, considering the seating capacity, the Merc would be my choice for the everyday drives. But, we do not think that the track day would be "exciting" with the new M3.

The C63 is comparatively more exciting to slide through corners than the M3. Again, it is just a matter of choice.

Geez, we remember our review between the Evo IX and the STi PPP (both old models). It was so difficult to put your hands down and claim the one to be better than the other.
Old 6th November 2008, 16:09   #120
Senior - BHPian

I'd still put my money on the M3. Maybe its the styling or just the "M" badging which puts it in a different league. Maybe the C63 needs a new name. Maybe not. BMW M series does it for me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks