Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2007, 20:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i have always seen the poonawalla's rolls royce limo never the lincoln limo. guys any sighting at pune ?
To my knowledge, the Poonawalla family (both brothers) own a deep blue Mercedes 126, white 115 and two 123 limos, one gold one white. The black Mercedes limo is the 600 pullman, ex President of India. They also have a maroon Rolls limo, and a white caddy limo. There is no Lincoln limo in their collection.

Last edited by karlosdeville : 10th September 2007 at 20:21.
Old 10th September 2007, 20:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
To my knowledge, the Poonawalla family (both brothers) own a deep blue Mercedes 126, white 115 and two 123 limos, one gold one white. The black Mercedes limo is the 600 pullman, ex President of India. They also have a maroon Rolls limo, and a white caddy limo. There is no Lincoln limo in their collection.
when i met Y.P. i had seen his 123 limo's, 600 pullman and the rolls limo. he had not got the caddy limo or it was not there.
thats what i thought they dont own a lincoln limo.
Old 10th September 2007, 22:46   #18
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing a Volvo Limo years back (when I was a very small kid.)
I didnt know the name at that time but YES I still remember the logo and it was of VOLVO!
Old 10th September 2007, 22:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

I remember, some years back, some1 bought a caddy/lincoln limo to cochin for some purpose, and guess wot, while taking a turn, a lorry banged into its side door!! and on top of that, the STUPID govt clowns gave a loooot of problems to the owner for having a bar inside the car, and it had no 'bar license!!'
Old 11th September 2007, 00:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I remember seeing a Volvo Limo years back (when I was a very small kid.)
I didnt know the name at that time but YES I still remember the logo and it was of VOLVO!
yes SRK they were the volvo limo's brought down by my friend when we were in college. total of 7 volvo limo's for his rent a car business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I remember, some years back, some1 bought a caddy/lincoln limo to cochin for some purpose, and guess wot, while taking a turn, a lorry banged into its side door!! and on top of that, the STUPID govt clowns gave a loooot of problems to the owner for having a bar inside the car, and it had no 'bar license!!'
that must have been bad and to add insult to injury getting into trouble for no bar licence.
Old 11th September 2007, 01:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Nice to see a lincoln limo here. I had the opportunity to ride in one when i was travelling on business to USA way back in 2001. It was a complimentary ride from the hotel to the airport. The car was white in colour, had a TV, bar, lounge seats with leather etc. I'm sure the limo's now have progressed much more with DVD entertainment and the works.
and some even have a jacuzzi...

Quote:
i have always seen the poonawalla's rolls royce limo never the lincoln limo. guys any sighting at pune ?
He has a Caddy Limo and no Lincoln limo. I believe its a RHD and a diesel. Im not sure but i saw it in Bombay parked in his house a few years ago
Old 12th September 2007, 03:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
He has a Caddy Limo and no Lincoln limo. I believe its a RHD and a diesel. Im not sure but i saw it in Bombay parked in his house a few years ago
it must have been converted to a right hand drive or brought in from the european market. i dont think it would be a diesel as the family is not big diesel fans seeing the other cars in their stable.
Old 12th September 2007, 03:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes SRK they were the volvo limo's brought down by my friend when we were in college. total of 7 volvo limo's for his rent a car business.
I remember those limos, all of them were painted navy blue right? I remember seeing 3 of them parked in the parking near the American Embassy in Breach Candy.
Old 12th September 2007, 04:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
I remember those limos, all of them were painted navy blue right? I remember seeing 3 of them parked in the parking near the American Embassy in Breach Candy.
yes khanak all were in navy blue some stood there and the others at oberoi parking and in worli. now i believe some are sold.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:11   #25
Senior - BHPian

I guess all the Volvo lomos were brought in by Kent cars.
Old 12th September 2007, 11:20   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
no gordon they were brought in by RNK rent a cars and not kent cars.
Old 12th September 2007, 12:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no gordon they were brought in by RNK rent a cars and not kent cars.
was it RNK or Autoriders?? i remember the latter, and RNK had bought 2 of them from Autoriders IMO, under the epcg.
and yes caddy limo is with the poonawalas, forget whether it is RHD or LHD, but for sure its an after market conversion.
Old 12th September 2007, 12:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
was it RNK or Autoriders?? i remember the latter, and RNK had bought 2 of them from Autoriders IMO, under the epcg.
and yes caddy limo is with the poonawalas, forget whether it is RHD or LHD, but for sure its an after market conversion.
uncle as far as i remember right it was the other way around. i dont know who brought the cars down and in what way. i had gone for the cars pooja when they had come as the youngest son is a school friend of mine. at that point all the cars sported the RNK sticker on them. later some of the cars were sold as there was not much demand.
uncle if you are sure the poonawalla's limo is an after market conversion then it is a RHD. do you recall if the car is a diesel or a petrol?
Old 12th September 2007, 12:38   #29
BHPian

yes they were RNK's, i had gone with a friend who needed to book it for a day @ 8 or 9k at that time, they were all blue and were at walkeshwar somewhere in Mumbai.
Old 12th September 2007, 13:07   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Not quite Gordon, they were bought in by RNK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
RNK boss, im sure. Im also (almost) sure the Caddy was a RHD which was converted to RHD in London as I was told (as most cars are even today). There was no badging of a diesel but I was told by the guy wh showed it to me that it was a diesel which makes it rare and the Poonawallas are known for keeping rare breeds in their stable, whether horses or cars!!

Most Viewed