Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2005, 11:41   #1
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Pics : Lincoln Continental Limo in Mumbai

Seen this Lincoln Continental quite a few times. Was even used for the "Wills Lifestyle" Road Show along with a couple of Superbikes. Managed to get a pic last week when it was parked opp Bacchans bungalow (Prateeksha). I guess this car is owned by the Kent group who also have other limos inccluding 3 Volvo's.

Old 21st February 2005, 12:27   #2
BHPian

Oh my God!!
Mumbaikaar's seems to have all the cars!!!!
Freakin rich, aren't they?!!
Here I'm not able to save some cash to get an RD!!!!! Well, can't help!!
Old 9th September 2007, 16:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

this is the one used in bluffmaster rite?

nana patekar's limo?
Old 9th September 2007, 21:50   #4
Senior - BHPian

There is only one Lincoln Town Car Stretch which is the one in the pic. It was a pinkish mettalic colour earlier with Taxi Plates and I have seen Dhirubhai Ambani in it a couple of times. Dont know if it was owned by him or not but then why would Dhirubhai ever go around in a Pvt cab?
Old 9th September 2007, 22:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
There is only one Lincoln Town Car Stretch which is the one in the pic. It was a pinkish mettalic colour earlier with Taxi Plates and I have seen Dhirubhai Ambani in it a couple of times. Dont know if it was owned by him or not but then why would Dhirubhai ever go around in a Pvt cab?
you mean lincoln continental is same as lincoln town car?
Old 9th September 2007, 22:22   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the ambani's had 2 lincoln town car stretch. one white and the other silver. i have seen the white one up close it has a custom floor lowerer ( the one used for a wheel chair which slides to the ground). they were both not on taxi plates.

this perticular car was in delhi and used to stand at the petrol pump next to the moolchand flyover have seen it a couple of times. it is used for the film musafir and for the adnan sami amitabh bachan song also. the guy gives it for shootings and ads.
Old 9th September 2007, 22:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the ambani's had 2 lincoln town car stretch. one white and the other silver. i have seen the white one up close it has a custom floor lowerer ( the one used for a wheel chair which slides to the ground). they were both not on taxi plates.

this perticular car was in delhi and used to stand at the petrol pump next to the moolchand flyover have seen it a couple of times. it is used for the film musafir and for the adnan sami amitabh bachan song also. the guy gives it for shootings and ads.
The silver stretch was of a later model. The car im talking about had bombay taxi plates, MH-01-J..something. I was surprised when he stepped out of the car, so im sure he rode in it. The second time i saw him was in the same car at the Taj for some function. Why ive seen him and Mukesh get down a pista coloured 118NE at the airport and their caddy followed with their brief cases. Must be an officer's car they chose to ride in to avoid recvognition. This was just after his paralytic attack. He was taken in a wheel chair from the car.
Old 9th September 2007, 23:01   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
you mean lincoln continental is same as lincoln town car?
Nopes. They are different. This is an early 90s Town Car for sure. The Continental is slightly smaller.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th September 2007 at 23:03.
Old 9th September 2007, 23:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

Guys.. dont go ga ga yet on these. They are sluggish to drive, guzzle gas and they are NOT expensive. I used to work on a site which supports eBay. This pic looks like a 90-94 Lincoln Streched Town Car. They sell for about 3-4k USD max. which is you know what in INR.

something like this one eBay Motors: Cadillac : Fleetwood (item 250163365402 end time Sep-19-07 06:24:51 PDT)

Not sure if this was brought into india brand new, however American limos this one have steep Depreciation value.

If you want a streched limo > they should get one of these

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ad-170mph.html
Old 9th September 2007, 23:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The silver stretch was of a later model. The car im talking about had bombay taxi plates, MH-01-J..something. I was surprised when he stepped out of the car, so im sure he rode in it. The second time i saw him was in the same car at the Taj for some function. Why ive seen him and Mukesh get down a pista coloured 118NE at the airport and their caddy followed with their brief cases. Must be an officer's car they chose to ride in to avoid recvognition. This was just after his paralytic attack. He was taken in a wheel chair from the car.
the white one was brought for his convinience after the paralytic attack. the silver one was there before maybe it is the same car you saw. i dont remember seeing it in taxi plates.
the 118ne must have been an officer's car for sure. have seen this sort of thing done before to avoid drawing attention.
Old 10th September 2007, 01:31   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the white one was brought for his convinience after the paralytic attack. the silver one was there before maybe it is the same car you saw. i dont remember seeing it in taxi plates.
the 118ne must have been an officer's car for sure. have seen this sort of thing done before to avoid drawing attention.
The cars was not silver it was a pinkish silver. More on the pinkish side. The silver was a newer version in which I have seen Mukesh Ambani been driven around. That was a mid nineties car. The one in question is a mid eighties. In the mid ninties, the tonw car got a different front grille and was slightly curved up and looks nothing like this.
Old 10th September 2007, 03:14   #12
BHPian

Poonawalla also owns a similar Black limo...and there is another Black Limo in Indore as well.
Old 10th September 2007, 03:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The cars was not silver it was a pinkish silver. More on the pinkish side. The silver was a newer version in which I have seen Mukesh Ambani been driven around. That was a mid nineties car. The one in question is a mid eighties. In the mid ninties, the tonw car got a different front grille and was slightly curved up and looks nothing like this.
the silver and the white did have different grills, that is for sure. i did not think it was pinkish silver or maybe i needed glasses, that i got . the 80's pinkish silver car was later auctioned off. then there was only the silver and white.
Old 10th September 2007, 19:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see a lincoln limo here. I had the opportunity to ride in one when i was travelling on business to USA way back in 2001. It was a complimentary ride from the hotel to the airport. The car was white in colour, had a TV, bar, lounge seats with leather etc. I'm sure the limo's now have progressed much more with DVD entertainment and the works.
Old 10th September 2007, 20:12   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncity View Post
Poonawalla also owns a similar Black limo...and there is another Black Limo in Indore as well.
i have always seen the poonawalla's rolls royce limo never the lincoln limo. guys any sighting at pune ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks