Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2005, 17:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Sorry about the late reply. I've been tied down with company matters.
This is a Jaguar XJS V12. The XJS replaced the E Type as Jag's premier coupe in 1976. It had many quality issues. Leaks and rust were major problems. The 5345cc, 295bhp V12 was smooth but unreliable. That said, the ride, handling and road holding of this car were fabulous. Steering feel however, was non-existant. As Ajmat said, in 1983, Michael May, a Swiss engineer gave this car new cylinder heads and the engine was nicknamed "May Fireball". Reliability and performance improved. I believe, this car was the fastest accelerating automatic production car in the world then. Jaguarsports' Tom Walkinshaw Racing tuned cars were called "XJ-RS". They had 5993cc, 320bhp V12 engines. German Jaguar enthusiast and dealer, Jochen Arden had managed to churn out more than 600bhp from the V12.
The car pictured above is located in Malad and I know exactly where it stands.
I heard fully-tuned Lister XJS's gave out 500-550 bhp and were very scary to drive.
Old 9th October 2005, 15:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Seen the car featured above again. Took some engine pics. The car does have TWR parts in it. So is it a TWR?! It may well be one. The car has also changed owners. Was undergoing some silencer work.

Last edited by v12 : 9th October 2005 at 16:02.
Old 9th October 2005, 16:28   #33
Senior - BHPian

I researched a bit, and it seems although TWR-bodied XJS's are not very uncommon, TWR-tuned XJS's are extremely rare. So the chances of this car being tuned by them is very slim indeed.

Although after looking at Gordon's pic, I am starting to wonder if this might be one TWR tuned XJS........
Old 11th April 2006, 11:02   #34
BHPian

the guy who had he car in malad orignally bought the car from pune and he was not able to fix the transmission so he sold it to me as is - i had to get the parts from bangkok - and xjs never gaveout 500 to 550 nless they were made for racing these cars were about 230 250 bhp well yeah tht is fast but its slow to me cause its a automatic i have something against them

Allright to make things easy for all of you -
Jag xjs v12 twr the person who had got the car to speed run was a dealer - the car was not working back then as the transmission was faulty so he did not even run it in the drag - i bought the car from him fixed it up and used it for a while but then there were some prolems with the engine too - AND YES THIS was a twr - it was orignally tuned and the engine worked on by TOM walkhinton racing or tommy not too sure but yeahh - it was one of the rare jag xjs - there are a few around india it is a very common car to be honest and not a expensive car infact abroad it sells for like 5000 $ tops - its a v12 but tht does not mean its fast - its a pretty slow car but fun to drive - its not suitable for the indian weather as the car heatsup alot one of the main reasons i sold it out - the v12 needs proper air flow continuesly u cant keeps stopping - and ehhh without the ac the car is like a heat box -
Old 11th April 2006, 11:06   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
AND YES THIS was a twr - it was orignally tuned and the engine worked on by TOM walkhinton racing or tommy not too sure but yeahh
You say you are into cars as a business, and you don't know what TWR stands for?
Old 11th April 2006, 11:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
You say you are into cars as a business, and you don't know what TWR stands for?
Infact..its not even Walkhinton....!
The right name is Tom Walkinshaw's Racing
Old 11th April 2006, 11:24   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
Infact..its not even Walkhinton....!
The right name is Tom Walkinshaw's Racing
.. Racing cars are supposed to be purely functional rather than beautiful, but nobody told Jaguar's performance division Jaguar sport that when it set out to design the XJR-15.
Based on a concept car developed by Jaguar's racing contractor, Tom Walkinshaw Racing or TWR, to evaluate carbon composite materials in high performance vehicles.

source: http://www.needforbetterspeed.net/mo...op=MostPopular

take care
Old 11th April 2006, 14:01   #38
BHPian

Well like i said forgive my spelling - tom walkinshaw racing or twr - its past to me and its gone sold it - its been a while bad memory forgive me rtech and stratos -: )
Old 11th April 2006, 15:14   #39
BHPian

Great Lookin. I wish to see it personally.
Old 11th April 2006, 15:40   #40
BHPian

there is a similar car in delhi its not a twr not sure which year either its blue in color

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks