Team-BHP - 1994 Toyota Supra driving impression
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   1994 Toyota Supra driving impression (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/407-1994-toyota-supra-driving-impression.html)

Just about wrapped up the days work at 4 pm this evening when I got a call from my friend Suraj, the guy who owns Team Motor Works . Told me that he had an old MG for restoration ( Yep hes the guy who restored the Mustang). Sounded good. Next he told he had a 94 Supra over at his place and asked to drop by. So since I was free I decided to pay him a visit before heading home.

Reached the workshop at bout 4.45 pm . Met up with Suraj and chatted a while after which he showed me the Supra. It was a quite dirty since it was there for cleaning n polish but what the heck . He took the car out and we went for a spin round Juhu. A while later he stopped the car aside and asked " Wanna try it?" You bet I did. Started the car and drove off . .It s pretty low car but I was pretty comforatble driving even though I'm short.. We got to a deserted road near his workshop and then it was the time to let loose. Stopped the car. Put in 1st gear, revved it up and I was off . Amazing wheels spins as I went through the gears red lining it every time I shifted, and before I knew it I was way past the 100 kmph mark. This was a 5 speed manual and the gearshift was slick typical Japanese I could hear the turbos whistle , really divine. The twin Turbos kickin in is really something.

Had a good time rippin it around gave the scare to a couple of rickshaws.. really enjoyed myself

After the drive I took some pictures and here they are .. like I said the car wasnt really clean but FAST it was...

Profile view

The front .. check out the pop ups

The rear

The engine

Twin turbo baby

Cheers

Hey that's neat. Though it looks more like a Corvette from the front, i'm sure it revved and felt, pure Japanese.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Yeah Shantanu typical Japanese very smooth indeed and it was so good to see the pop ups ...

Cheers

looks very menacing, and the engine bay looks great for a car that is from 1994. someday i wish i get to drive a twin turbo too. anybody got any specs on the car?

theres one guy in Bangalore who has tried to modify one of these to look like a ferrari - total failure

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]theres one guy in Bangalore who has tried to modify one of these to look like a ferrari - total failure

Let a Supra be a Supra

Smash somes beasts!!
Sweet!

lucky you dippy........good to know u enjoyed the drive. was thinkin what a good coat of standox, fat rubber+alloys and a killer sound system would do to this baby. wdnt it rock???

Dippy,

Your friend is always getting the vintage wrong on his cars, last I remember he had also misquoted the Mustangs year of manufacture. The Supra you drove is the Mark 3 generation which was manufactured from 1986 - 1992. I guess the turbo spec you drove pumps close to 230 bhp.

Great report of the drive and I truly envy you for driving the Mustang first at this garage...and now the Supra!

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Dippy @ May 21 2004,20:35)]It was a quite dirty since it was there for cleaning n polish but what the heck .

it was the time to let loose. Stopped the car. Put in 1st gear, revved it up and I was off . Amazing wheels spins as I went through the gears red lining it every time I shifted

Hey Dippy,

Sounds cool!
I just hope that the owner of the car isnt a member of TBHP to read about you driving his car like that!!

cya
R

check out the Ferrari Supra
http://www.chameleoncars.com/customisedcars.html

hey dippy
read abt the mustang in auto india
did you post its driving impression and pics on tbhp?
if yes please provide link
thx!

doesnt the car from sides and front look like "kitt" from knight rider?!!!

btw which is the car in that program?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aadix @ May 22 2004,09:23)]doesnt the car from sides and front look like "kitt" from knight rider?!!!

btw which is the car in that program?

Pontiac firebird

isn't this car for sale? Or has it been sold and now there for some work? I thought I saw an ad for this in AutocarIndia.