Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 22:00   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyderabad: BMW 650i Sports Coupe Spotted

Today, while driving back from work, near the HDFC bank near Jubliee Hills saw a Greyish-brown BMW 650i being driven by a very youngish man.

I am saying its a sports sedan because it was just a two seater and it didn't look like a regular sports car ( you know lean and mean) but, was almost like a 7-series, huge and luxurious.

Seeing this model for the first time and it sure was breathtaking, since the traffic was fast, couldn't take a picture.
Old 18th June 2008, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nag's car, IIRC. Must be his son, or his nephew. Also watch out for a white TT, latest gen, with the V6 and Quattro.
Old 18th June 2008, 02:31   #3
BHPian

Ive seen the M6 in blue colour at Rhapsody a couple of months back. Huge! And my friend got a bmw imported too, well before Delta motors was put up. He told me its a M6 before. Here is a pic of his car. I dont think it is a M6. Anyways once am back into India, am going to meet him and check out his car. Will get more pics then.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: BMW 650i Sports Coupe Spotted-m6.jpg  

Old 18th June 2008, 07:55   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Ive seen the M6 in blue colour at Rhapsody a couple of months back. Huge! And my friend got a bmw imported too, well before Delta motors was put up. He told me its a M6 before. Here is a pic of his car. I dont think it is a M6. Anyways once am back into India, am going to meet him and check out his car. Will get more pics then.
If the picture you have attached is your friend's car - That is not a M6. Neither is it a M5 for that matter. Looks to be a plain jane 5 series. Unless it is is a 'specially modifiied' "M525i6"!

These types of cars are very exclusive in India - The other day I saw a BMW MX5! That's right - this was no Mazda - But a special M version of the X5 and it had a 3.0d - Clearly it was supecharged 8 times along with the M Badge contributing it's share of HP.
Old 18th June 2008, 09:46   #5
BHPian

I happened to see a dark colored 650i in the lanes near Andhra Bank in SR Nagar when I was in Hyderabad a couple of weeks back!
Old 18th June 2008, 10:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Today, while driving back from work, near the HDFC bank near Jubliee Hills saw a Greyish-brown BMW 650i being driven by a very youngish man.

I am saying its a sports sedan because it was just a two seater and it didn't look like a regular sports car ( you know lean and mean) but, was almost like a 7-series, huge and luxurious.

Seeing this model for the first time and it sure was breathtaking, since the traffic was fast, couldn't take a picture.
A 2 door car is never referred to as a Sedan, it is always a Coupe if its a hardtop. Roadster, spider, cabriolet, convertible, etc if it doesnt have a roof :-)

A 650i is NOT a Sports Sedan, but it is a Coupe unless you saw the convertible :-)
Old 18th June 2008, 10:43   #7
BHPian

you can see this car at jubilee check post almost 2-3 times a day . Is really breathtaking.

There are two 7 series and a Lamborghini too in road 9 jubilee hills.

Rajeev

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Old 18th June 2008, 10:50   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
you can see this car at jubilee check post almost 2-3 times a day . Is really breathtaking.

There are two 7 series and a Lamborghini too in road 9 jubilee hills.

Rajeev
I saw a M6 near that place but like I said it was blue. There is a huge house near Rhapsody when you go towards the check post where, there is a X5 too.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:24   #9
BHPian

i saw a beige color 7 series at the ntv telugu office. he also has a X5 old on may be 2003 . its is shown on in an interview with tv9 auto show i donot know the name of the show.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have regularly seen a white 650i parked at the Sailing club. dont know who it belongs to though

also, does spotting a 5 or a 7 really make news anymore in Hyd.

5s are more common that new E classes and the ultimate sight I saw was a black 525d parked right in front of the display window of the mercedes benz showroom in jubilee Hills and the way it was parked was that a black E class was staring at it thru the showroom window!
Old 18th June 2008, 19:10   #11
BHPian

thats a normal 5 series maybe 530i
Old 19th June 2008, 16:43   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akzz View Post
A 2 door car is never referred to as a Sedan, it is always a Coupe if its a hardtop. Roadster, spider, cabriolet, convertible, etc if it doesnt have a roof :-)

A 650i is NOT a Sports Sedan, but it is a Coupe unless you saw the convertible :-)
Thanks for correcting. I know the definitions of all the shapes of the car. Maybe in my excitement i just overlooked.

Himanshu, if it was a normal 5 or 7 series sedan, i wouldn't be suprised. But, since it was not one and i never seen this model in flesh before was the reason to post it here. I agree, BMW's in Hyderabad is getting to be a little too common.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:00   #13
BHPian

even when u are asleep u'd be able to spot the difference between a 6 and a 5 !!!
Old 19th June 2008, 18:58   #14
BHPian

I see a M6 almost everyday at annapoorna studios which is just adjacent to my office.
driver is the son of actor nagarjuna
Old 19th June 2008, 19:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezereo View Post
I see a M6 almost everyday at annapoorna studios which is just adjacent to my office.
driver is the son of actor nagarjuna
Annapoorna studios belongs to the ANR(Akkineni Nageshwar Rao, father of Nagarjuna) family, so the car would be.
"driver" ???? ...

@mods and all team-bhpians,
How far is it right to identify the owners of high end cars in a public forum???

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 19th June 2008 at 19:25.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks