Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2008, 02:37   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
And this exclusive man is non other than the versatile personality of Bollywood, Mr.Amitab Bachan.
Are you sure this one is Amitabh's car? Because the person driving it certainly wasnt a driver, looked very much like an owner in his 30s...and definatly wasnt a celeb.

Also he finally went upto mount mary in bandra whereas bachhan lives in juhu.
I have my doubts this is ABs car...maybe he has one too
Old 2nd July 2008, 03:30   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
or a maybach 57 s ,i believe it would have cost a lot more but would have made the collection complete , you know phantom & maybach .....
I don't think that Maybach has the same amount of power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Are you sure this one is Amitabh's car? Because the person driving it certainly wasnt a driver, looked very much like an owner in his 30s...and definatly wasnt a celeb.

Let's not forget a certain politician who's a friend, may have a house there. Besides, I've seen the Bentley being driven by someone else too. Do you think those bungalows are the only homes these guys might own?
Old 2nd July 2008, 09:29   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Sahil, I got the information is from Mercedes Benz India. And I don't think it'll be wrong.
Old 2nd July 2008, 14:26   #64
BHPian

Hanmust its not Mr. Bachan's car.He bought a S 600 last month from my dealership.i went personally for the delivery.

@Gordon - the Black S you saw was the S 63 AMG, was bought from my dealership.

@Akshay - There is no C 200 K AMG, may be that guy has put only the AMG Body kit on it. Was it a black one?
Old 2nd July 2008, 17:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a black S 63 AMG in Chembur 2 days back. The car looked pretty used up.
Old 2nd July 2008, 18:09   #66
BANNED

why cant he buy another. its not like a big deal. the funny bit is he has cars which are one year old and numbers of them are from 1998 or something like that. you can gift cars here and then.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:52   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post

@Akshay - There is no C 200 K AMG, may be that guy has put only the AMG Body kit on it. Was it a black one?
i know that dude. was telling cyrus how people put fake badges on their car.
Old 3rd July 2008, 03:50   #68
BHPian

Guys it definitely ain't AB. The Price is 3.12 Landed with everything including Octroi.

Also regarding driving a Spur or a S, after driving both of these cars I can definitely vouch for the latter cause it's the most comfortable. Just cause its a Bentley dosent make it better. The Spur has one of the worst ride quality ever. I prefer riding in my old shape Cr-V.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd July 2008 at 09:31. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 3rd July 2008, 06:14   #69
BHPian

I think the flying spur is known more for luxury and comfort than an s klasse.But i feel the s looks much better.And the silver arrow cant be compared with anything.
Old 3rd July 2008, 07:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya View Post
Also regarding driving a Spur or a S, after driving both of these cars I can definitely vouch for the latter cause it's the most comfortable. Just cause its a Bentley dosent make it better. The Spur has one of the worst ride quality ever. I prefer riding in my old shape Cr-V.
My first reaction to your statement was ' What? I think he has some serious issues' ..

But then again , to each his own. I own a Bentley FS, never felt that it was less comfy than the S class, if not way more.
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya View Post
Guys it definitely ain't AB. The Price is 3.12 Landed with everything including Octroi.

tell me the name of the person who bought, i have to tell him he got cheated!!

3.12 cr is just not possible for a car whose base is 1/2 that of the LP640..sorry makes no sense..

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2008 at 15:27. Reason: Please do NOT use inappropriate language on Team-BHP. Thanks
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, I'd also add here that my LP was for 3.25, which is due to the fact that the on road tax of Delhi/CHD is far less than that of Bombay (Sorry, I like saying Bombay better than Mumbai). The same specifications of my LP would fetch close to 3.50 or even more in Bombay. So may be the S65 would be around the 2.xx mark in Delhi but the Bombay tax scenario might push it close to 3.xx ..
This is just a may be. Not too sure about it.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd July 2008 at 15:28. Reason: Removing quoted post.
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:29   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Hmm, I'd also add here that my LP was for 3.25, which is due to the fact that the on road tax of Delhi/CHD is far less than that of Bombay (Sorry, I like saying Bombay better than Mumbai). The same specifications of my LP would fetch close to 3.50 or even more in Bombay. So may be the S65 would be around the 2.xx mark in Delhi but the Bombay tax scenario might push it close to 3.xx ..
This is just a may be. Not too sure about it.
That explains why the yellow LP in Mumbai cost the owner 3.75cr. Buying an expensive car in Delhi seems to be a steal as compared to Mumbai.

OT: Was off the forum for about a month. Has your baby arrived yet KD?!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 3rd July 2008 at 12:35.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:17   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
That explains why the yellow LP in Mumbai cost the owner 3.75cr. Buying an expensive car in Delhi seems to be a steal as compared to Mumbai.
Add to that that the registration in Chandigarh is fixed to 2000 rupees ONLY!
In Punjab, the cost is 2 percent of the vehicle invoice. So you can imagine the price disparity.
Old 3rd July 2008, 14:47   #75
BHPian

@Akshay - Aahh... like that. Well i have to show you the pics of some of the cars which come to our dealership.such hideous modifications some people do to their Mercedes cars.

Also would post pics of the new bull which has been added to his car collection.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks