Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:55   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Add to that that the registration in Chandigarh is fixed to 2000 rupees ONLY!
In Punjab, the cost is 2 percent of the vehicle invoice. So you can imagine the price disparity.
Honestly, the future cars that I buy are going to be either Punjab or Chandigarh registered!
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:02   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
@Akshay - Aahh... like that. Well i have to show you the pics of some of the cars which come to our dealership.such hideous modifications some people do to their Mercedes cars.

Also would post pics of the new bull which has been added to his car collection.
Are you talking about Mr. Bachchan's collection? If yes, we would love to see the new white LP AB Jr got for him self.
Old 3rd July 2008, 16:27   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Are you talking about Mr. Bachchan's collection? If yes, we would love to see the new white LP AB Jr got for him self.
First a white SL, then a white Conti GT and now a white LP-when did this happen?!!
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:08   #79
BHPian

This car is NOT AB's. I sold AB his car and my colleague diesel_headrock delivered it. He does not drive an S 65 AMG.

And for those who think that the AMG's are a failure, well guys understand one thing, Mercedes-Benz makes enough and more money out of selling their regular S Class, which, undoubtedly has been a grand success. The AMG's are a way of showing the world what they are capable of producing, and also for some who like to be understated and yet drive a car that is capable of speeds and acceleration that puts it into super car territory. The AMG's are very special vehicles, and I can say that with conviction as I have driven them. In some ways, cars like the S 65 AMG are very appealing, like a wolf in sheeps clothing.
CLS_55_AMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2008, 18:49   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
First a white SL, then a white Conti GT and now a white LP-when did this happen?!!
Oh you skipped the white Phantom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
This car is NOT AB's. I sold AB his car and my colleague diesel_headrock delivered it. He does not drive an S 65 AMG.

And for those who think that the AMG's are a failure, well guys understand one thing, Mercedes-Benz makes enough and more money out of selling their regular S Class, which, undoubtedly has been a grand success. The AMG's are a way of showing the world what they are capable of producing, and also for some who like to be understated and yet drive a car that is capable of speeds and acceleration that puts it into super car territory. The AMG's are very special vehicles, and I can say that with conviction as I have driven them. In some ways, cars like the S 65 AMG are very appealing, like a wolf in sheeps clothing.

AMG's are fast cars. Period.
Old 3rd July 2008, 20:59   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
WOW. Any front pics sahil?? Thats a beauty. Thank god people are not slapping on AMG badges anymore.
What does that mean? Is it that not all cars with the labels are genuine?

BTW - I meet another guy who refuses to call it Mumbai.

Last edited by deepakvrao : 3rd July 2008 at 21:02.
Old 3rd July 2008, 22:26   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
What does that mean? Is it that not all cars with the labels are genuine?

BTW - I meet another guy who refuses to call it Mumbai.
it only means you walk into a showroom buy a regular C class say like a person has done on a black C class 2008 model and bought an AMG badge and had it fitted on the car. the guys at autohanger workshop would be able to vouch for this. right next to it stood a purple 2005/2005 Sclass AMG. This car looked geniune to me, the S i mean.
Old 4th July 2008, 01:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_headrock View Post
Hanmust its not Mr. Bachan's car.He bought a S 600 last month from my dealership.i went personally for the delivery.

@Gordon - the Black S you saw was the S 63 AMG, was bought from my dealership.

@Akshay - There is no C 200 K AMG, may be that guy has put only the AMG Body kit on it. Was it a black one?
I was said so by one of my friend in after sales dept. of Mercedes Benz India. I should have asked to some one in sales, especially CBU.

BTW, are you from Autohanger or Shanghi? when did Mr.AB bought the S600? Is it also white? Please post the photos of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS_55_AMG View Post
Absolutely right. Its what I was about to say here.
Old 4th July 2008, 11:22   #84
BHPian

Well the LP is a very recent purchase, last week of may to be precise.Ten days later we delivered the S 600.
Very funny incidence happened couple of days befor the S class delivery when i had been to their place,thought i would share.I was waiting downstairs with the security asking him about the car's they've got.He told me about the LP couldn't say the same though, also which is how i figured out he is talking about the Murci. I asked how did he find the car, he gave me a very innocent reply " Gaadi to bahut acchi hai...Lekin Awaaz bahut karti hai" I found it damm hilarious.

Some problem with my PC, would post the LP pics i took when it was on road in a day.
Old 4th July 2008, 12:00   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakvrao View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43
...Thank god people are not slapping on AMG badges anymore.
What does that mean? Is it that not all cars with the labels are genuine?...
Yep!

See this thread that popped up just today (ironically posted by cyrus after that comment!) :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...it-bombay.html

cya
R
Old 5th July 2008, 16:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, the earlier information was wrong, he actually got confused with Mr.AB's car. The S65 AMG is bought by a famous builder, but can't diclose his name due to his security issue.

I've seen his S500 (O.Black) with AMG body kit from near Fountain on my last visit to Mumbai. So I guess its his second S-class (W221 series). When I talked to his driver on that day, he told that his boss has got a Lamborgini, earlier gen 7-series & couple of other Merc & some Indian stuffs. I had taken the photo of it,unfortunetly my N73 was robbed on the my last day at Mumbai.
Old 6th July 2008, 12:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post

I've seen his S500 (O.Black) with AMG body kit
I think you are talking about the Black one with incenio wheels. Multispoke.
Old 6th July 2008, 12:49   #88
BHPian

Hanmust the builder you are talking about also has a S 63 AMG with the Mercedes - Benz Gaurd package!!!
Old 6th July 2008, 17:11   #89
BHPian

An armoured S 63 AMG Guard!?? WOW!
@diesel_headrock- How much does it cost in India? Wonder how many guard vehicles are there in the country.

Last edited by Tuner : 6th July 2008 at 17:15.
Old 6th July 2008, 19:35   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
I think you are talking about the Black one with incenio wheels. Multispoke.
No, it was having the 5-spoke AMG wheels

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks