Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 19:51   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
followed this in Bangalore near rajbhavan/Chalukya/Race course road circle. it is MH reg.

from a distance i thought it was a wickedly modded lancer ;-) as I was not expecting to see Evo.
OOPS! amazing its new bombay registration. what is the car doing there.
Old 18th August 2008, 12:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread. A few Qs / observations:

1. I thought SAD was a component of duty that was charged on all imported cars
2. How do you import a non-homologated 2 LITRE car? From what you guys are saying it appears that you are of the opinion that you have to pay 4% additional duty if you bring-in a car that is not eligible to be imported under the 3L / $40,000 "no-homologation required" rule. Surely that can't be correct?
3. I'm surprised that the rotors are not cross drilled. This indicates that the car is likely one of the lower-spec Evo X models.
4. Why register a car in Thane and then take it to Bangalore? Are the Bang taxes higher than Thane? What about Bombay?

At any rate, great car! Hope the new owner thoroughly enjoys it!
Old 18th August 2008, 12:28   #63

Karl, the car sint registered in Thane. It is the new, New Bombay Resgistration that started a few years ago. And Price is considerably low. Also, As you Said, the Rotors are not Cross Drilled so it is a Base Evo. Not an FQ version.

O.T.-Your car is back in bombay eh??
Old 24th August 2008, 22:08   #64
BHPian

2. How do you import a non-homologated 2 LITRE car? From what you guys are saying it appears that you are of the opinion that you have to pay 4% additional duty if you bring-in a car that is not eligible to be imported under the 3L / $40,000 "no-homologation required" rule. Surely that can't be correct?

How can these vehicles having engines smaller than the prescribed capacity be imported? Anybody in the know? Another thread has pics of a Mini Cooper. Anyway, great car! Cheers!
Old 24th August 2008, 22:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

Well if this is the base version then it retails for something equivalent to Rs.12.5 lakhs in indian currency.you can check the base model price in the japanese mitsubishi website.

now here is a quote i got for the Evo X.

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10 ( Manual Transmission)

Cost - 44,000$ X 45 = 19,80,000
Freight and Insurance - 2500$ X 45 = 1,12,500

Duty (114%) = 22,57,200
Fine and Penalty(25%) = 4,95,000
Clearing Charges = 2,00,000

TOTAL( landed cost) = Rs 50,44,700/-

Service Charge will be 2% of landed cost.
Cost subject to fluctuation in exchange rate.

now here is what i have researched-

The base model RS is for close to 300,0000 YEN which sums up to nearly 28000$

The GSR performance pack version is for close to 370,0000 YEN which sums up to 34000$

The prices are from these web pages

for the RS version

RS | グレード / 価格 | ランサーエボリューションX | 乗用車 | カーラインアップ | MITSUBISHI MOTORS JAPAN

for the GSR high performance package

GSR High Performance Package | グレード / 価格 | ランサーエボリューションX | 乗用車 | カーラインアップ | MITSUBISHI MOTORS JAPAN

both the prices are for the manual transmissions only.

The website is in japanese but you'll spot the the price bar as its in the centre.

now what i want to know is where does this 44000$ figure come from.

I'd not like to disclose where i got this quote from.but its from a reliable and well known importer.So i most of you might be able to guess it.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Navpreet318 i was informed by the MItsubishi person in bombay yesterday the EVO would cost around 27lacs ex showroom. with registration and other formalities it would be 32 lacs or so.
why go through the hassle of a dealer when you can get it officially from the dealership.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:37   #67
Senior - BHPian

What???when is it getting launched.NO NO NO NO NO.seeing this quote that i got i dropped the plans for the Evo and bought a Civic and am in the process of buying an SUV for dad and a luxury sedan for the family.what the hell !!

so when are they launching it.looks like i'll have to make some big money somewhere.
Old 25th August 2008, 00:43   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
What???when is it getting launched.NO NO NO NO NO.seeing this quote that i got i dropped the plans for the Evo and bought a Civic and am in the process of buying an SUV for dad and a luxury sedan for the family.what the hell !!

so when are they launching it.looks like i'll have to make some big money somewhere.
they had got it for the auto show and i did not ask him any further as i was not really interested cause from what i got to understand is the car is going to be detuned for India. the date is not final or announced but they are interested seeing the younger lot going for modified and sports cars.
Old 25th August 2008, 01:35   #69

Speedy bhai, would you prefer a C Class to an EVO??? Ask the Kid in you..
Old 25th August 2008, 11:49   #70
BANNED

haha 19 laks car sold for 50 laks, only in this stupid country... is india the only country that charges like this or are there any other places that charge like this as well????? i dont know what india people are smokin for such taxes, its not like they are using the taxes properly as well. idiots
Old 25th August 2008, 23:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
haha 19 laks car sold for 50 laks, only in this stupid country... is india the only country that charges like this or are there any other places that charge like this as well????? i dont know what india people are smokin for such taxes, its not like they are using the taxes properly as well. idiots
You should be used to all this by now. People who have money to buy them are usually too lazy to do things themselves and accept the fact that they have to get ripped off to buy these.
Old 26th August 2008, 04:59   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
I heard that in Australia, a C-class Mercedes sells for an S class price (US Prices). Certain makes are taxed heavily. There is a 25% tax on any vehicles costing over 57K Aus $ I guess and a C300 that costs 34K $ in US costs 76,000 US $ in Australia.

Even US has a steep tax on trucks that are imported into that country. So India is not alone in that aspect. Different countries have different tax laws and for a purpose.

Last edited by Mayavi : 26th August 2008 at 05:06.
Old 26th August 2008, 07:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
they had got it for the auto show and i did not ask him any further as i was not really interested cause from what i got to understand is the car is going to be detuned for India. the date is not final or announced but they are interested seeing the younger lot going for modified and sports cars.
They'll have to detune it cos of indian fuel. The Evo needs 93 octane in the US so essentially no fuel in India is good enough for it. Expect it to be ~15-20hp less.
Old 26th August 2008, 12:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Speedy bhai, would you prefer a C Class to an EVO??? Ask the Kid in you..
i rode in the back seat of a C class and it was really cramped. Evo to high priced. so sorry Cyrus both cars off my list. i would rather get in a SKyline GTR on my own and have the KID inside me smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
They'll have to detune it cos of indian fuel. The Evo needs 93 octane in the US so essentially no fuel in India is good enough for it. Expect it to be ~15-20hp less.
but the price for it is ridiculous. i would rather get myself something else.
Old 26th August 2008, 14:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Haven't you heard of Speed 97?

Most Viewed

Copyright ゥ2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks