Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 21:24   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEM3R View Post
Definitely not Alpina wheels. Lovely E30. It could use some BMW wheels though.
agree. the number of spokes are incorrect.
Old 21st August 2008, 12:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

I thought the Narang car was a genuine right hand drive sedan 4 door M3..I recall it was the real deal and a similar looking 318 or 316 with M3 kit was given as wedding gift to Bobby Deol by his inlaws the one pictured here looks like that one. Narang's car was the real deal and I think he still has it but uses it occasionally this guy was in my university in the states and was a diehard M3 fan he had a 325i coupe then got a brand new blood red M3 which was stolen on a road trip to New York and got another one immediately...he got the 4 door immediatley after moving back to Mumbai after school...knowing him he would go for the real deal...
Old 21st August 2008, 16:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
I thought the Narang car was a genuine right hand drive sedan 4 door M3..I recall it was the real deal and a similar looking 318 or 316 with M3 kit was given as wedding gift to Bobby Deol by his inlaws the one pictured here looks like that one. Narang's car was the real deal and I think he still has it but uses it occasionally this guy was in my university in the states and was a diehard M3 fan he had a 325i coupe then got a brand new blood red M3 which was stolen on a road trip to New York and got another one immediately...he got the 4 door immediatley after moving back to Mumbai after school...knowing him he would go for the real deal...
there were 3 kitted cars i know of one was in the Suburbs (could be bobby deol fame) and two in town. there was the narang car and the other Malabar hill maroon 3 series that was kitted. i have seen both these cars from the inside and they were not M's. looks can be decieving and i have come across many examples.
As far as i believe in 1994/1995 i dont think BMW had a four door version of the M3. could some experts throw some light into this.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Four door M3's have only been produced in two model series, E36 & E90. E30, E46 never came as four doors.
Old 21st August 2008, 17:50   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
there were 3 kitted cars i know of one was in the Suburbs (could be bobby deol fame) and two in town. there was the narang car and the other Malabar hill maroon 3 series that was kitted. i have seen both these cars from the inside and they were not M's. looks can be decieving and i have come across many examples.
As far as i believe in 1994/1995 i dont think BMW had a four door version of the M3. could some experts throw some light into this.
the e36 did come as a sedan.
Old 6th September 2008, 00:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

The grey M3 coupe is with my dealer at Delhi & the silver M3 convertible was seen from a Petrol Pump at Colaba, Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
OLD BMW 3 Series.-24082008014.jpg  

OLD BMW 3 Series.-30082008010.jpg  

hanmust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2008, 01:41   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
The grey M3 coupe is with my dealer at Delhi & the silver M3 convertible was seen from a Petrol Pump at Colaba, Mumbai
nice picture hanmust. how much is he asking for the M3 and the SL. i also wanted to know what car is under the cover?
Old 6th September 2008, 01:45   #38

As Speedy said, I am more interested in the car under cover. Looks like a classic to me!
Old 2nd April 2010, 18:49   #39
BHPian

Buying a 316i

Hey guys.

Needed an opinion from you guys/ gurus on the purchase of a 96 BMW 316i that I checked out today. The car drives well and is mechanically sound and I took it for a long test drive covering a virtually empty ring road and also a bad pot-holed road. The exterior however needs repainting (no dents or rust though except the battery compartment in the boot) as the car has its original maroon colour which is quite faded as well as chipped here and there. The interior leather (pads/ seats) also needs a change (any other suggestion/ alternative to changing?) as it is showing its age. I am guessing it needs about another 60-80k worth of work. And ofcourse a new ICE. I will be taking it to Navneet Motors Bangalore tomorrow to get it thoroughly checked out. However, any particular things that I should check and be sure of would help immensely. Do let me know if possible before tomorrow late morning.

Also where do you suggest I get the exterior and interior work done? I dont want to give it to Navneet as I want someone who is really good with this work to do it.

Also do you think its a good buy specially since the price is just too good to resist as the guy is moving away.

Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Regards,
Rishi

Mods: If this is inapropriate please shift it where it belongs. I tried searching for 316i but no threads came up. Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:15   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmarishi View Post
Hey guys.

Needed an opinion from you guys/ gurus on the purchase of a 96 BMW 316i that I checked out today.
Hard to comment without knowing
Price , pics, kms, #owners, transmission?
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:27   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Hard to comment without knowing
Price , pics, kms, #owners, transmission?
Unfortunately I didnt take any pics. However, the other details are as follows:

Kms: 86,000
#owners: 2 (brothers in the same family)
transmission: Automatic (4 speed I think)
Price: 5.5 lacs nego (looking at paying about 4-4.5 since its a distress sale)
Has sunroof. All the electrical stuff works well too.

Hope this helps.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:44   #42
BHPian

hey bro!its not as easy as you think.you are sying you want to chenge the interiors , exteriors.bmw & mercedes are not at all cheap.i own a w126 mercedes & know how expensive it is to maintain them.4.5 is very expensive for a 3 series.try & bargain below 3 if you want to survive.if you strip the car there is no gurantee the electricals will work.
Old 2nd April 2010, 19:45   #43
Senior - BHPian

Kms is fairly low but I would pay 5.5 only for a pristine car. Mumbai prices are waaay lower.

Keep in mind the auto +1.6 liter engine = not fast.
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Here goes a very well maintained 3 series.
Attached Thumbnails
OLD BMW 3 Series.-dsc02992.jpg  

Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2010, 08:00   #45
Senior - BHPian

Is this car the one on Gurusaday road? There's an immaculately maintained 3-series standing there.

Most Viewed