Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 15:26   #406
BHPian

The auction is on Tuesday. Am i Right Karan ????
Old 25th December 2008, 18:26   #407
Senior - BHPian

How much did the one you got cost you . With all the options.
And what is the base price?
Old 25th December 2008, 18:59   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS View Post
The auction is on Tuesday. Am i Right Karan ????
Auction for what brother? The number series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
How much did the one you got cost you . With all the options.
And what is the base price?
Cost me 3.65 on road and base price is around 3.2 crores.
Old 25th December 2008, 20:02   #409
Senior - BHPian

Hmm. One more thing, ain't it a problem for you with the roads around there.
I mean i know they are good but there must be problems you must be facing.?
Old 25th December 2008, 20:16   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Abhinav driving around in LP or rather any supercar wont be much of a problem in chandigarh.
because roads are really good especially in northern chandigarh and traffic is sparse.
No speed breakers either.
there are quite a few stretches where you can whack the throttle(never experienced in a supercar but on a superbike yes)-not recommended though.
Old 25th December 2008, 21:01   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well the only problems I face are of monotony , and let me elaborate on that.

There are only a few areas where I can drive the LP uninterrupted and due to Chandigarh's small size , even those areas are not big enough . As a result, my restricted driving in those areas makes driving monotonous. This is the main reason I am tossing between getting the 911 Turbo or the upcoming Audi R10 so that I can use it every day and every where I go.
Old 25th December 2008, 21:07   #412
Senior - BHPian

R10.
Did i get it correct.
Or is the R8 v10?

I'd say a Audi Anyday over the 911.

Or wait, theres the V-Spec GTR coming soon.

You know the problem of buying a good car is the less number of good cars you can shift to.
Old 25th December 2008, 22:23   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
R10.
Did i get it correct.
Or is the R8 v10?

I'd say a Audi Anyday over the 911.

Or wait, theres the V-Spec GTR coming soon.

You know the problem of buying a good car is the less number of good cars you can shift to.
Yes, the R8 V 10 .

The thing is , that I love the GTR but the only factor that keeps me from buying my beloved 599 or the Scuderia or the GTR , in India , is the service issue. Till that is not resolved , I won't be willing to buy the aforementioned , even as a second car.
Old 26th December 2008, 23:39   #414
BHPian

Hey ecksreturns, Congrats on having the LP, exotic color!! You said service is an issue for other cars you mentioned. How about for LP! How many KMS between each oil change. I know its too early for you to know but did the dealer say anything.
Old 26th December 2008, 23:53   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Hey ecksreturns, Congrats on having the LP, exotic color!! You said service is an issue for other cars you mentioned. How about for LP! How many KMS between each oil change. I know its too early for you to know but did the dealer say anything.
I don't specifically recall , but my best guess is after a year or so. Servicing for the LP is not a problem due the presence of a certified service center. Ferrari/Maserati/Nissan and the likes do not have a certified service center in India at the moment.
Old 27th December 2008, 00:31   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I don't specifically recall , but my best guess is after a year or so. Servicing for the LP is not a problem due the presence of a certified service center. Ferrari/Maserati/Nissan and the likes do not have a certified service center in India at the moment.
Does it have the problem of ceramic dust! The wheels get dusty pretty soon.. Did you order the black wheels yet, they might solve the problem; but again you have someone to clean your cars, which is always good. The snaps look great, I hope you are still exploring the schools for prof. photography. I consider Chandigarh and the best city in India, my birthplace was Jalandhar. I guess I've to make a trip to by birthplace for an excuse to have a look at your babe
Old 5th January 2009, 17:16   #417
Senior - BHPian

Another update guys.

A few days ago , I got clearance to use an air strip for an hour or so. So off I went in the LP with a few friends.

Pictures were a strict no - no due to security reasons at the airport , so I managed very few pictures , which I will upload in some time. The coordinating officer (a very kind sikh gentleman) took a ride with me on the strip and allowed a few videos to be made. I asked my driver to take the videos , which he did , from his phone.

The quality of the video is very very poor so please pardon the discomfort. But I wish for every one to share this experience that was recorded on camera and to hear the formula 1 type V 12 madness .

REVIEW :

So , I turned off traction control , turned on sports mode (yeah , in a murcielago! . nuts) and off I was. 2.8 kms of runway , all empty. Time , is around 5 pm so the sun is about to set and fog has set in , some what. So you can just imagine the strip , with fog , and this LP tearing through the fog.

On my first run , I clocked 270 kmph , that was under cautionary acceleration as I had to get used to the run way markers , which in turn were to be followed for braking time. So it was 2.8 kms on one side and then returning to the starting point. So all in all , 5.6 kms .

Took 8 rounds in total. 4 on one side and 4 on the other. It was on the third run that I clocked 190 mph = 305 kmph!!

Tried repeatedly to exceed that , but , believe it or not , the run way fell short!

Attached are the video links , which contain videos that my driver took. He was standing at the side of the strip where the middle marker was . Please ignore their comments , as they so exicted to see this beast run free!

After the runs were done , I asked the chief coordinator if I could come again on a sunny day , and he was more than glad to agree. He loved the ride!

The AoC also came over to see the car and man , he is a gem of a person!
He too wanted to take a ride but due to some time constraints , he wished to take a ride the next time I was around.

So I promise you all that I will be returning to the runway strip in the coming week or so and with a better video camera to record the excitement!

Last edited by ajmat : 5th January 2009 at 21:40. Reason: edited out chandigarh airport
Old 5th January 2009, 17:54   #418
Senior - BHPian

Amazing Videos, ECKS, 305 KM/Hr is an Insane Speed. Yup make sure you have a Better Cam to record that LP flying past at speeds 250+
Old 5th January 2009, 17:57   #419
Senior - BHPian

whoa
amazing -what a way to enjoy those italian horses

Last edited by akshay4587 : 5th January 2009 at 17:58.
Old 5th January 2009, 18:59   #420
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't this a bit risky with the fog buddy ?
Still awesome videos/runs/speeds ,glad that the LP is being used properly and is not just a show piece for you.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 5th January 2009 at 19:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks