Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2008, 02:48   #316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Refresh me champ, is the Camaro available in RHD?
It will be released in RHD. the AT is a 6.2L V8 400 HP and the MT is 425 ponies. Thats the only difference. Performance wise the manual and auto are the same. Im getting one down for my self next year. Im no car dealer but i could help you in getting one. Let me know. It definitely is a show stopper.
Old 6th October 2008, 03:18   #317
BHPian

My LP640 - "The eagle has landed, (or in this case, the bull)"-2010_chevrolet_camaro_image008.jpg

COME ON NOW, YOU JUST GOT TO LOVE IT! The best part is that you can use it as an everyday car and it's not heavy on you'r pocket. Go for it
Old 6th October 2008, 11:47   #318
Senior - BHPian

In general I do not like American cars, but I must admit, over the past few years the modern-retro design theme has been awesome! I like the look of the new Mustang and also the new Camaro. Even the Challenger is not bad. The problem with pony cars is that they really don't handle anywhere near as well as a decent European or even Jap sport sedan / coupe / sports car because they are clearly built to a fairly low price point. The Z06 / ZR-1 Corvette is the exception. Vipers I really don't even look at, because I just don't like them at all.

The Corvette probably comes the closest to having decent handling. By virtue of the fact that they are made in the U.S.A. all these cars will certainly be unique over here, but with that comes the bigger issue of a complete lack of after-sales-support and, to be honest, I would NEVER buy a LHD car only to have it converted to a RHD unless it was done by an operation that had the factory's sanction to do so.

There's very little to move UP to from a Lambo LP640, but as a reasonable daily driver I'd be tempted to again say go with the M3 or any of the Mercs, at least you will have company support here. If it's out and out straight line performance you're after, a Black AMG will be very near untouchable, if it's finesse and an overall performance, handling and usability mix, I'd say there's very little to touch the M3. My two bits...
Old 6th October 2008, 12:56   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
In general I do not like American cars, but I must admit, over the past few years the modern-retro design theme has been awesome! I like the look of the new Mustang and also the new Camaro. Even the Challenger is not bad. The problem with pony cars is that they really don't handle anywhere near as well as a decent European or even Jap sport sedan / coupe / sports car because they are clearly built to a fairly low price point. The Z06 / ZR-1 Corvette is the exception. Vipers I really don't even look at, because I just don't like them at all.

The Corvette probably comes the closest to having decent handling. By virtue of the fact that they are made in the U.S.A. all these cars will certainly be unique over here, but with that comes the bigger issue of a complete lack of after-sales-support and, to be honest, I would NEVER buy a LHD car only to have it converted to a RHD unless it was done by an operation that had the factory's sanction to do so.

There's very little to move UP to from a Lambo LP640, but as a reasonable daily driver I'd be tempted to again say go with the M3 or any of the Mercs, at least you will have company support here. If it's out and out straight line performance you're after, a Black AMG will be very near untouchable, if it's finesse and an overall performance, handling and usability mix, I'd say there's very little to touch the M3. My two bits...

Agree with you 100% brother, you spoke my mind out.

As I am waiting for a daily driver, I have finally made up my mind on the SL63 AMG. I am actually waiting till December as rumors are of the SL63 AMG Black coming out soon. I was so keen on the M3 but everywhere I read I see that people say it is low on torque and it is torque that really matters for daily use on road and not really the HP . Although the new 63 series has less torque than the Supercharged SL55 , but the noise it makes is just so seductive + hard top vert + easy service and reliability and support.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:00   #320
v10
BHPian

Quote:

As I am waiting for a daily driver, I have finally made up my mind on the SL63 AMG. I am actually waiting till December as rumors are of the SL63 AMG Black coming out soon. I was so keen on the M3 but everywhere I read I see that people say it is low on torque and it is torque that really matters for daily use on road and not really the HP . Although the new 63 series has less torque than the Supercharged SL55 , but the noise it makes is just so seductive + hard top vert + easy service and reliability and support.
haahh u finally took my word...
Old 6th October 2008, 14:50   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
haahh u finally took my word...

Ha ha ha! Yeah man, I finally succumbed to the AMG's and I must say, I could not be more excited about it!
Old 6th October 2008, 15:10   #322
Senior - BHPian

Well that sounds great, I'm sure you won't regret it! Put some pics up once you get her!
Old 6th October 2008, 15:16   #323
BHPian

The new Camaro looks insane... but how is the performance?
You should look into the new corvettes. really like them and they seem practical as they are pretty reliable. A bit different too. ZO 6. And the best of all everyday supercars is the Porsche 911 Turbo... Nothing beats a porsche. The only car to keep up with the LP 640! Something to think about.
Old 6th October 2008, 15:21   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
The new Camaro looks insane... but how is the performance?
You should look into the new corvettes. really like them and they seem practical as they are pretty reliable. A bit different too. ZO 6. And the best of all everyday supercars is the Porsche 911 Turbo... Nothing beats a porsche. The only car to keep up with the LP 640! Something to think about.

The Turbo is my favorite! But I want a difference exp now . I LOVE the Vettes but sadly they won't be available as RHD from factory till 2010.. =/

Since I want a nice V8 engine, the SL seemed the to be the right choice . That 6.2 litre engine just sounds insane!
Old 6th October 2008, 17:14   #325
BHPian

Quote:

I dont think there will be an SL63 Black as there is already an SL65 Black out which is being launched in Nov 08..

Its one hell of a car although as its even more expensive than the LP640, I am not sure if the price is justified!
Old 6th October 2008, 17:34   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Good choice once again Ecks.

I have used the CLS63 pretty extensively and i must say its a beast of an engine! The torque is mad...perfect word to describe it is, Brutal ! And the rumble of that AMG is something else, it sounds like a mean muscle car on the inside without being too loud outside.
Old 6th October 2008, 17:48   #327

How much will the SL63 sell for in India?
Old 6th October 2008, 21:10   #328
Senior - BHPian

Ecks make sure you spec the car with the optional performance package if you go for the SL63.
Old 6th October 2008, 21:55   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_04 View Post
How much will the SL63 sell for in India?
A full spec will be around the 1.80 mark .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Ecks make sure you spec the car with the optional performance package if you go for the SL63.
The AMG performance pack? Yep, thats numero uno on my list!
Old 6th October 2008, 23:32   #330
BHPian

Brabus SV12 S Biturbo Roadster.
Attached Thumbnails
My LP640 - "The eagle has landed, (or in this case, the bull)"-brabus_sv12_s_biturbo_roadster_2009_74558_20080516.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks