Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 21:02   #511
Senior - BHPian

is it possible to import an RS 6/ R8 V 10 or the recently unveiled TT-RS in India ?
Old 10th March 2009, 21:02   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
1 - Pathetic service / salesmanship

2 - Cheap interiors

3 - Basic options were 'not available for indian region'

4 - Delay in every damn thing these guys did.
Well, that is reason enough to stay away from it I guess. Sad though.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:10   #513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
is it possible to import an RS 6/ R8 V 10 or the recently unveiled TT-RS in India ?
yup theres an rs6 in bombay
Old 10th March 2009, 21:14   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not by Audi India. And I don't even wish to start on the service by Audi chandigarh specifically. I'd use words that are not permitted on any forum so I'll refrain. Its basically worse than Mercedes (Taipan) chandigarh.

Oh and to top it off , and I quote the "Regional Head of Audi North India" -- He says " We can only import cars offered by Audi in India. So no S line cars, no RS cars"

And they were rude and their sales people knew zilch! about the R8. Like even basic info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Well, that is reason enough to stay away from it I guess. Sad though.
Yeah man. I expected a lot out of that car and their salesman , more than anything else, disappointed me . More like a 'dhaba' than a dealership.

Since BMW people were so professional, and I seriously mean it , I opted for the M car. It also fitted nicely into my check list of driveability , fun , sound, seating capacity and local reliable service.

Edit - Also , where most of the features on the C63 are not available for India , the Beemer on the other hand , has most of the features , that are even optional in Europe, standard for India , which is actually a pleasant surprise.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 10th March 2009 at 21:19.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:25   #515

@ecskreturns
Seems like a lot of people have genuine complains against Audi sales and service in India. Atleast within team-bhp we should start a campaign against Audi and try to veer away as many folks as possible from buying an Audi?. Hopefully this would make them realize that they need to get their act together.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:31   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
yup theres an rs6 in bombay
which one? the twin turbo V8 old model or the new 5.0 V 10 quattro like the one pictured:
Attached Thumbnails
My LP640 - "The eagle has landed, (or in this case, the bull)"-800pxaudi_rs6_sedan_typ4f_world_premiere_front.jpg  

Old 10th March 2009, 21:33   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not by Audi India. And I don't even wish to start on the service by Audi chandigarh specifically. I'd use words that are not permitted on any forum so I'll refrain. Its basically worse than Mercedes (Taipan) chandigarh.

Oh and to top it off , and I quote the "Regional Head of Audi North India" -- He says " We can only import cars offered by Audi in India. So no S line cars, no RS cars"

And they were rude and their sales people knew zilch! about the R8. Like even basic info.

Yeah man. I expected a lot out of that car and their salesman , more than anything else, disappointed me . More like a 'dhaba' than a dealership.

Since BMW people were so professional, and I seriously mean it , I opted for the M car. It also fitted nicely into my check list of driveability , fun , sound, seating capacity and local reliable service.

Edit - Also , where most of the features on the C63 are not available for India , the Beemer on the other hand , has most of the features , that are even optional in Europe, standard for India , which is actually a pleasant surprise.
which M3? coupe with carbon fiber roof?

and ecks, can you tell me what kind of service standards are mentioned by porsche delhi? i would like to hear this from a porsche owner itself..

Last edited by sidindica : 10th March 2009 at 21:35.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:38   #518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
which one? the twin turbo V8 old model or the new 5.0 V 10 quattro like the one pictured:
the new one. station wagon. i havent seen it but members here have spotted it.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:42   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
which M3? coupe with carbon fiber roof?

and ecks, can you tell me what kind of service standards are mentioned by porsche delhi? i would like to hear this from a porsche owner itself..

Yes sir, alpine white with fox red interiors. Classic clean combo . And yes with the CF roof and DCT gear box.

Well , back in 2005 the standards were below ground level. Rude after sales people and sales people who tried to rip you off. Example :

I called up Porsche Delhi (2005) regarding some ECU fault/error message. Their after sales manager , some (no offense) elderly , Bengali person , spoke very rudely on the phone (knowing very well that I am a 911 owner) . He tells me that I should send the car to him in delhi and I am like , hello , it is an ECU fault , send some one over with their computer diagnosis system and get it fixed here in chandigarh . To which he says that he is not sure about that. After a few minutes of heated arguments he says that he will send the techinician , but I will bear his travelling expenses. I was a little irritated back then (young age *a liitle mature now* and his rude behavior ) and I said that no ways, the car is under warranty so I bear no expense.

I simply reported this to their GM , a very kind and polite German individual. He apologised and got the car fixed at my place within the next 2 days.

Cut to 2009. Now their sales department is much much better than before (I can vouch for it as I was in the process of placing an order for 09 911 Turbo a month ago) . After sales is better now but still needs a little bit of fine tuning.
Old 10th March 2009, 22:39   #520
Senior - BHPian

Nice addition Karan.
OT- Am sure Sidindica now you may not be feeling as bad for the porsche incident-
1. Because of the brand managers polite behaviour.
2. Seeing Karan's post on their behaviour in 2005.

However this still beats me how can a reputed company treat its customers(am not even talking about potential customers but existing ones) in this way. In this case the Bengali person is an Indian and is rude while the German guy is polite and helpful.

So is the problem with rudeness basically with we Indians? Seeing a few instances i feel so. Maybe the communication skills with a customer(existing and potential) is something we still have not learned in the desired manner.

Last edited by harry10 : 10th March 2009 at 22:41.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:05   #521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir, alpine white with fox red interiors. Classic clean combo . And yes with the CF roof and DCT gear box.

Well , back in 2005 the standards were below ground level. Rude after sales people and sales people who tried to rip you off. Example :

I called up Porsche Delhi (2005) regarding some ECU fault/error message. Their after sales manager , some (no offense) elderly , Bengali person , spoke very rudely on the phone (knowing very well that I am a 911 owner) . He tells me that I should send the car to him in delhi and I am like , hello , it is an ECU fault , send some one over with their computer diagnosis system and get it fixed here in chandigarh . To which he says that he is not sure about that. After a few minutes of heated arguments he says that he will send the techinician , but I will bear his travelling expenses. I was a little irritated back then (young age *a liitle mature now* and his rude behavior ) and I said that no ways, the car is under warranty so I bear no expense.

I simply reported this to their GM , a very kind and polite German individual. He apologised and got the car fixed at my place within the next 2 days.

Cut to 2009. Now their sales department is much much better than before (I can vouch for it as I was in the process of placing an order for 09 911 Turbo a month ago) . After sales is better now but still needs a little bit of fine tuning.
alpine white with red would be a killer combo! awesome! and hope that your car will be equipped with the optional 19".

BTW why for the M DCT instead of the 6-speed manual ?
Old 10th March 2009, 23:07   #522
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Nice addition Karan.
OT- Am sure Sidindica now you may not be feeling as bad for the porsche incident-
1. Because of the brand managers polite behaviour.
2. Seeing Karan's post on their behaviour in 2005.

However this still beats me how can a reputed company treat its customers(am not even talking about potential customers but existing ones) in this way. In this case the Bengali person is an Indian and is rude while the German guy is polite and helpful.

So is the problem with rudeness basically with we Indians? Seeing a few instances i feel so. Maybe the communication skills with a customer(existing and potential) is something we still have not learned in the desired manner.
Hey hey wait a minute... where are you taking all this? i have dealt with the bengali guy too and he has been extremey helpful and polite to me. he has even asked us to send in the sl55 to the porsche dealership to get the nav/radio/cd fixed out of goodwill for free as mercedes ordered for replacing the entire unit which isnt working... The response/treatment might vary from customer to customer but no need to generalise here.

Last edited by v10 : 10th March 2009 at 23:08.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:28   #523
Senior - BHPian

@V10- It wasnt a comment particularly about the Bengali gentleman but i had been observing this in a few threads that its mostly Indian people who aren't treating Indian people when it comes to customer service in a better way. It was a general comment so don't sweat over this mate
Old 12th March 2009, 03:58   #524
Senior - BHPian

KD - Did you try T&T? Or is it just that maintaining it in the future (Keeping in mind Taipan's atiitude) which puts you off?
Old 12th March 2009, 09:28   #525
Senior - BHPian

ecksreturns

try T and T for C 63. they have some courteous people.

actually, I just had a talk with my best friend who handles all the imports, including the C 63. he is working there for the past 8 years and I took all the details for the C 63 AMG, and you can rest assured that whatever features you want can be ordered, irrespective of whether the car is Indian or German.

PM me your details,and the features you are expecting to have, and I will PM you his name and number and you can get in touch with him and he will help you in getting the right car with full loadings.

I know that you are tempted to have an M3, but 457 bhp merc v/s 420 bhp BMW-you know which is better. And the C-class is available with AMG speedshift 7-speed automatic gearbox.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks