Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 15:05   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
ecks that gear change was superb.i can imagine how it sounds in real life. Hope you have a good person who washes your car and takes care of it. Which car did you have before the LP? I can imagine what you next car will be.

Yes bro, I have a dedicated driver who washes the car nicely. Prior to the LP I had the 997 Carrera.

My list for now is :

F430 Scuderia/California GT
Nissan GTR V Spec
997 911 GT2
AM V8 Vantage

Not in that order though and all that is for use in India. Add to that a Zonda F (hope I can find one as it is no longer in production) , the mighty Veyron, Corvette ZR1 and it goes on ..

For now I am seriously looking at a daily driver car for city use as the LP isn't practical for daily use. Am tossing up between the M3/ Maserati GTS/997 Turbo/AM V8 .. So all in all a broad spectrum.. Lets see what happens. May even consider the Chevy Challenger next year.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:10   #272

@esk, Beautiful videos, lovely car, what more can i say!!

@karl, There is a blue E92 in Bombay.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:06   #273
BHPian

ecksreturns: One thing.

I wanted to ask one thing... you havn't really moded your car silencer till now. Right?
Or does Labo. roar less as compared to Porsche?
I mean, if you had accelerated your younger bro. porshce just llike your lambo, then i think acceleration noises would have surely reached my house.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:09   #274
Senior - BHPian

Superb videos Ecks. See the reaction of the onlookers in the video.
Old 30th September 2008, 17:56   #275
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post

I wanted to ask one thing... you havn't really moded your car silencer till now. Right?
I mean, if you had accelerated your younger bro. porshce just llike your lambo, then i think acceleration noises would have surely reached my house.
his porsche has been modified to stay in sport all the time... also he has the carrera S headers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Yes bro, I have a dedicated driver who washes the car nicely. Prior to the LP I had the 997 Carrera.

My list for now is :

Nissan GTR V Spec
997 911 GT2
AM V8 Vantage

Not in that order though and all that is for use in India. Add to that a Zonda F (hope I can find one as it is no longer in production) , the mighty Veyron, Corvette ZR1 and it goes on ..

For now I am seriously looking at a daily driver car for city use as the LP isn't practical for daily use. Am tossing up between the M3/ Maserati GTS/997 Turbo/AM V8 .. So all in all a broad spectrum.. Lets see what happens. May even consider the Chevy Challenger next year.
definately not that! the scud spider is anyday much much better

also for a DD what do think about fast SUV's the gemballa cayenne turbo's are much more powerful than even LP640's

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2008 at 01:02. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts
Old 30th September 2008, 18:41   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
definately not that! the scud spider is anyday much much better

also for a DD what do think about fast SUV's the gemballa cayenne turbo's are much more powerful than even LP640's
Ronnie, I must say, you never cease to pleasantly surprise me. I am amazed on your awareness .. It's as good as mine.

Don't know anything for sure, but call me dumb if any one will, I wanna wait for the Chevy Challenger now.. Who can say no to a lazy American Muscle? I know I can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDevil View Post

Where do you reside my friend?

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th September 2008 at 18:48. Reason: Please use multiquote option instead of making back to back posts
Old 30th September 2008, 19:04   #277
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Gt-r in consideration. The machine's lovely.
0-100 in 3.6 odd seconds.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:22   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Nissan Gt-r in consideration. The machine's lovely.
0-100 in 3.6 odd seconds.
I mentioned the V Spec. That is bound to be quicker.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:23   #279
BHPian

ecks why dont you go in for a suv for everyday use? The cayenne turbo has got some real power or if you need something more like you LP get the SL65 AMG or even the SLK 55 AMG.
Old 30th September 2008, 19:43   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ecks why dont you go in for a suv for everyday use? The cayenne turbo has got some real power or if you need something more like you LP get the SL65 AMG or even the SLK 55 AMG.
I do drive the CR V for daily use .. He He He...

I am not a big fan of the SL's at all and the Cayenne (no disrespect) looks like a duck to me... He He... Had the Range Rover been a powerful car, I would've considered that too..

That is why I am a bit confused on all fronts + since I just got the LP a couple of months back, I dare not push my papa to get me another vehicle for 6 -8 months at least.. So enough time for me to think. =)
Old 30th September 2008, 20:06   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My list for now is :

Nissan GTR V Spec
997 911 GT2
AM V8 Vantage
having anyone of these in your garage will always be a pleasant site. But the GTR Vspec and and Scuderia dont really go well for a daily drive in India.

Still my vote will be for the GTR. There is nothing that offers more value for money than this in this segment. I also like the ZR1. But I assume you might want 4 seats occasionally.
Old 30th September 2008, 20:09   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
having anyone of these in your garage will always be a pleasant site. But the GTR Vspec and and Scuderia dont really go well for a daily drive in India.

Still my vote will be for the GTR. There is nothing that offers more value for money than this in this segment. I also like the ZR1. But I assume you might want 4 seats occasionally.
Oh that was the list of cars yet to be a part of my garage in India.

For DD I have this list as I mentioned in a previous post :

"Am tossing up between the M3/ Maserati GTS/997 Turbo/AM V8"

The 4 seats/looks/power being the dilemma as there is no perfect match for it (The GTR is one of the cars that sits nicely in the frame but service is an issue or may be I am a bit paranoid .. He He he )
Old 30th September 2008, 20:25   #283
BHPian

Quote:
I do drive the CR V for daily use .. He He He...

I am not a big fan of the SL's at all and the Cayenne (no disrespect) looks like a duck to me... He He... Had the Range Rover been a powerful car, I would've considered that too..

That is why I am a bit confused on all fronts + since I just got the LP a couple of months back, I dare not push my papa to get me another vehicle for 6 -8 months at least.. So enough time for me to think. =)
What range rover did you have? did you sell it? From whom did you buy it? an idea what it came on-road?
Old 30th September 2008, 20:27   #284
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What range rover did you have? did you sell it? From whom did you buy it? an idea what it came on-road?
he did not have it. he said if it was a powerful car he would have got it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2008 at 01:03. Reason: wudda = would have
Old 30th September 2008, 20:40   #285
BHPian

sorry i read that in a hurry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks