Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2008, 20:55   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
I mentioned the V Spec. That is bound to be quicker.
If i had the option , i'd go either for the aston martin or the Nissan

Amazing cars
Nissan can be easily used as a daily drive.
Old 30th September 2008, 23:31   #287
BHPian

Choice between a Nissan and Aston Martin? Two completely different areas really.
The crowd who is considering an Aston is obviously looking for something other than pure performance, practicality, price etc.
Personally, i'd take any GT-R variant anyday
Old 30th September 2008, 23:50   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
Choice between a Nissan and Aston Martin? Two completely different areas really.
The crowd who is considering an Aston is obviously looking for something other than pure performance, practicality, price etc.
Personally, i'd take any GT-R variant anyday
Tsk .Tsk.

" Am tossing up between the M3/ Maserati GTS/997 Turbo/AM V8 .. So all in all a broad spectrum"

Precisely what I mean. What every one here is missing is that the GTR has no back up here. Name it a phobia but I am just not really comfortable with buying cars that have no clear service back up. Next question would be : Why the AM then? Ans - Less of complicated machinery (relatively) and somewhat easy service and maintenance (again , relatively) ... Maserati has (a supposed ) bombay service center and the Beemer and Porsche are well established.
With the AM, all I am looking at is sound and looks first, prestige and recognition really doesn't matter as close to no one recognises anything but a Mercedes/Ferrari in India (most of the crowd that is, apart from my brethren here) ...

Again I say, the GTR is on my list because I am really in love with the car, but as far as practicallity goes, am not sure if I want it in India. Rest am still thinking.
Old 30th September 2008, 23:52   #289
Team-BHP Support

for a daily driver the after sales service should be good. i think the m3 would be the best bet since bmw is well established in india now.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:01   #290
Senior - BHPian

I still think the GT-R is a no-no in India given how complicated that car is & God forbid, if something does go wrong with it, you'll be in some really deep trouble.

Not to mention, no availability of even basic items like filters, pads etc. etc. Everything will have to be ordered before hand.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:16   #291
BHPian

wow

wow. thats all i can say. never seen a garage like this. excellent choice of color. please post some vids too.

so whats next?.... id suggest the carrera gt!

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st October 2008 at 01:04. Reason: whts = whats. Please avoid SMS language as per the Team-BHP rules.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:26   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
for a daily driver the after sales service should be good. i think the m3 would be the best bet since bmw is well established in india now.
Yep... It has to be the M3 or the 997 Turbo.. What say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I still think the GT-R is a no-no in India given how complicated that car is & God forbid, if something does go wrong with it, you'll be in some really deep trouble.

Not to mention, no availability of even basic items like filters, pads etc. etc. Everything will have to be ordered before hand.
You always state whats it my mind in the best possible manner, bruva!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
wow. thats all i can say. never seen a garage like this. excellent choice of color. please post some vids too.

so whts next?.... id suggest the carrera gt!
Videos have been posted 2 or 3 pages back man! Check em out and lemme know what you think...

And yes, the CGT is my dream car!
Old 1st October 2008, 00:33   #293
BHPian

@ecksreturns
I'd be going out on a limb saying this, but personally my belief is that the GT-R matches the reliability of the best out there. I say this because a friend of mine in Japan owns a 2007 model. Was run-in at the race-track, sees track use every week-end and is used as a daily driver. Till date, absolutely no problems and/or attention needed aside from the usual stuff. The guy also owns a base 911 and rates its reliability on par or above it.
However, i do see your concern, Nothing will probably go wrong, but IF...

Going by your previous choices it's obvious you'll make a good decision, as evident from your rightly pointing out that an Aston may not evoke prestige among the common folk, so a buying decision solely based on prestige is out of the question(unless its a Merc. or a Ferrari ofcourse :P)
However, i would like to add here that put a common man , who doesn't have a clue as to what a GTR, Aston, Porsche, Maserati is, and i guarantee his eyes will be fixed on the GTR. The road-presence of that thing is phenominal(understatement) and has to bee seen up front to be believed. The soul-less car that eats the souls of other cars.
And finally, Its not the car, but the guy behind the wheel that matters. Best regards for your next purchase, whatever it might be.

PS: If you're considering the ZR1, might i suggest the new Dodge Viper ACR?Colour combo= The Black one with the red stripe.
PPS: Just realized you're also considering the M3, If you're happy with its level of performance then this would be a wise purchase. Just avoid the convertible if possible..lol.

Last edited by Amien : 1st October 2008 at 00:52.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:35   #294
Senior - BHPian

Why not the convertible m3 or m6?
Old 1st October 2008, 00:41   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yep... It has to be the M3 or the 997 Turbo.. What say?

i dont know why but id take the turbo over it. but you already have a carrera, would you want 2 cars which look so similar?

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 1st October 2008 at 00:42.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:42   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amien View Post
@ecksreturns
I'd be going out on a limb saying this, but personally my belief is that the GT-R matches the reliability of the best out there. I say this because a friend of mine in Japan owns a 2007 model. Was run-in at the race-track, sees track use every week-end and is used as a daily driver. Till date, absolutely no problems and/or attention needed aside from the usual stuff. The guy also owns a base 911 and rates its reliability on par or above it.
However, i do see your concern, Nothing will probably go wrong, but IF...

Going by your previous choices it's obvious you'll make a good decision, as evident from your rightly pointing out that an Aston may not evoke prestige among the common folk, so a buying decision solely based on prestige is out of the question(unless its a Merc. or a Ferrari ofcourse :P)
However, i would like to add here that put a common man , who doesn't have a clue as to what a GTR, Aston, Porsche, Maserati is, and i guarantee his eyes will be fixed on the GTR. The road-presence of that thing is phenominal(understatement) and has to bee seen up front to be believed. The soul-less car that eats the souls of other cars.
And finally, Its not the car, but the guy behind the wheel that matters. Best regards for your next purchase, whatever it might be.

PS: If you're considering the ZR1, might i suggest the new Dodge Viper ACR?Colour combo= The Black one with the red stripe.
Well said , my friend... We both are good at 'tongue - in - cheek' comments, and am glad to come across a like minded person.

The GTR is a personal favorite mate, and yes I do understand your point and a well made case of the GTR's reliability .. Let us see where the tide takes me.

I am not sure the ZR1 is made in RHD just yet, although GM did promise that the next gen Vette would be sold in RHD as well, which is reasonably around 2010.. Hence I was thinking of the Challenger ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Why not the convertible m3 or m6?
M6 , to me, looks and feels like a lazy german. The M3 convert isn't my ideal preference as I don't digg converts at all and on top of that , very few cars can pull of a nice convert look.. Namely the AM V8 /F430 to name a few...
For me the M3 coupe look fab...
Old 1st October 2008, 00:43   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i dont know why but id take the turbo over it. but you already have a carrera, would you want 2 cars which look so similar?

Of course if I choose the Turbo the Carrera would have to go..
Old 1st October 2008, 00:44   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Of course if I choose the Turbo the Carrera would have to go..
but then what would your bro use? sorry for being so inquisitive.
Old 1st October 2008, 00:56   #299
BHPian

@ecksreturns
Edited my previous post.
As far as the like-mindness, yes i was going to point it out. :P
Yes, the challenger would also be something to look at. Actually your 6-8 month waiting period :P is rather excellent as by that time you will have some more great choices. For now take everything with a grain of salt. You'll likely make your best decision just weeks before the purchase.

EDIT: Just saw your second last post. What the hell man? Get outta my head.

Last edited by Amien : 1st October 2008 at 01:05.
Old 1st October 2008, 01:04   #300
BHPian

Quote:
M6 , to me, looks and feels like a lazy german. The M3 convert isn't my ideal preference as I don't digg converts at all and on top of that , very few cars can pull of a nice convert look.. Namely the AM V8 /F430 to name a few...
For me the M3 coupe look fab...
Well I was a stonch believer that the convertable versions of cars were never as good looking as the Coupes. Bar NONE...That is until I laid eyes on the M3 convertable at Navnit Motors...

It would also be the perfect DD due to the service backup and practicality of the car. I was amazed when I laid eyes on the white example a few days back..>In talks with my brother to get the car in Cali for some freeway fun...

Oh and I've driven the E92 M3 here in India, and the power is phenomenal! It's much more than what you could ever use...Then again you own a Murci, but really for all purposes, the M3 is much more car than you could ever need in India...

cheers:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks