Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2008, 11:03   #31
BHPian

Now that really looks terrible! Hope nobody was badly injured.
Holy cow,how can such a machine crash like that on an Indian road where there is so much sedate traffic at all the times?!This is a real shame.But the pictures suggest more of a clobbering at high speed on the divider which probably sheared away the front axle from the car,doesnt look like a simple head-on collision to me.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:05   #32
BHPian

Real Shame. This is what happens to all the rich kids or owners who have the bread but are not trained to drive high performance cars. We need to have professional performance drivers train clients who can afford these wonderful cars. What a pity this happend, but I guess the guy may be so rich that he will just write it off and buy another 1 next week.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:08   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Worst pictures that a car guy can see first thing in the morning! So many posts mourning the car, but no concern for the driver . Hope he got away okay.

I am curious to know how this accident took place. High speed highway stunt + unexpected obstacle? Or simple oversteer?
Old 7th August 2008, 11:25   #34
Senior - BHPian

Sad to see an exotic in this shape ! It would be helpful if anyone could get a clue on how it happend and in what grade the driver was protected (airbags and other safety measures in high end cars) in such an incident.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
BTW, who owns MH-01-KA-4545?
if your talking of a red F430 then it belonged to Sanjay Dutt, dont know who the current owner is.

this is a bad crash the divider has taken the entire front off. i guess the owner had the traction control off and could have been unleashing the Bull. i hope the driver is fine and has learnt to keep his cool behind the wheel now.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:36   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Slightly OT:

BTW, assuming that the car is insured in India, what would the insuring company do with this totalled car?
Old 7th August 2008, 11:42   #37
BHPian

Its heart wrenching to see such a lovely piece of automombile in that state.What could be the speed when the crash must have taken place?
Old 7th August 2008, 11:42   #38
Senior - BHPian

There's a crashed Lambo lying in Juhu as well. Does anyone know about that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
p.s. Bike in the second picture looks like a GSXR 600 SRAD.
Its the same gixxer with the D&D exhaust that you were telling me to buy.

Last edited by straight6 : 7th August 2008 at 11:45.
Old 7th August 2008, 11:57   #39
Senior - BHPian

What a waste of a beautiful car. I think this happened a long time ago, right ?
Old 7th August 2008, 12:09   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
Real Shame. This is what happens to all the rich kids or owners who have the bread but are not trained to drive high performance cars. We need to have professional performance drivers train clients who can afford these wonderful cars. What a pity this happend, but I guess the guy may be so rich that he will just write it off and buy another 1 next week.
I would not agree with you Prithvi. it would not be right to blame rich kids as not all high performance cars are driven by Rich kids. its an unfortunate accident that could have happened to anyone. its just bad luck and like they say the owner was at the wrong place at the wrong time. if the same accident happend in a normal car you would not even bother and not blame the driver irrespective of him being from a rich or normal family.

in India most of the high performance cars are bought for status and not for the love of the car and a person spending 1 crore plus for a car would be offended if he was told to undergo training to drive the car. i dont think the car company would like to offend these clients and loose out on a sale. Imagine asking Vijay Mallya or Anil Ambani to undergo training. i so wish it was possible to have training camps in India but alas a distant dream.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2008, 12:25   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
if the same accident happend in a normal car you would not even bother and not blame the driver irrespective of him being from a rich or normal family.
This is like the car that ran over the pavement dwellers & as usual the car driver was blamed just because he drove the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
in India most of the high performance cars are bought for status and not for the love of the car and a person spending 1 crore plus for a car would be offended if he was told to undergo training to drive the car. i dont think the car company would like to offend these clients and loose out on a sale. Imagine asking Vijay Mallya or Anil Ambani to undergo training. i so wish it was possible to have training camps in India but alas a distant dream.
That also shows their attitude. When papa is like that, kiddo will be worse. What's wrong in taking a lesson about something you are not sure about ?
Old 7th August 2008, 12:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

I think these guys need to realise owning and driving supercars/exotics takes some experince in typical curde Indian style people think I got the money so I have become a great driver...Its raining cats and dogs in Mumbai I would not take my Lambo out in the rains especially when I am just about getting the hang of the beast on dry roads...even if I drove the car many times on my overseas jaunts most of the guys I see driving these cars don't seem to have been seasoned enough as the cars have just come in India and no matter how many time you drive them overseas does not make you seasoned enough.

i also notice all the first mover who have bought exotics are getting rid of them...I see these cars change hands within months this can't be upgrading syndrom more like not " yeh gadi gale tak a gayi" one hardly sees them out on the roads and when they are the guys driving them are concentrating on the road ahead so much you wonder are they really enjoying this or are they tense!!!

Last edited by aah78 : 7th August 2008 at 19:58. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button.
Old 7th August 2008, 12:47   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
This is like the car that ran over the pavement dwellers & as usual the car driver was blamed just because he drove the car.

That also shows their attitude. When papa is like that, kiddo will be worse. What's wrong in taking a lesson about something you are not sure about ?
running over a person and a normal accident are two different things. i did mention normal accident. in the case of Alister Parrera the person who ran over the pavement dwellers. he was returning from some party and was under the innfluence of alchohol according to reports. so it would be right to blame him. what about the millions of other accidents that go unnoticed.
According to what you say it mean no one should buy these cars only. i do not say dont take a lesson from it. i say dont put blames on someone just for his capabilities of buying such cars. if you know the situation in which it has happened ( if he was drunk, raceing) please go ahead and blame the person as it is his fault. if you dont then i dont think it is right to play the blame game and point a finger at all Rich people.
our own member had his Bmw M3 hit in the rear by not one but two bikers would you Blame him now for being rich. an accident is an accident afterall right.
pls lets not get into an arguement over this and divert from the main topic. An accident has occured and lets Mourn the loss of a BULL and not point fingers without knowing the facts. thank you.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2008, 12:49   #44
BHPian

Is this the same car which was on sale a few months ago? was the dealer or the new owner driving it at the time of the accident?
Old 7th August 2008, 12:52   #45
Senior - BHPian

oh thats very bad..

really sad sight.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks