Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 22:03   #1966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
did you just say "three hundred"! how sure are you about this?how many houses does he/they have, apart from the three i mentioned?
lol , yes. three hundred!
he owns the J-LR showroom as we all know.the manager sold their Range rover to us. 2008 model,looks like a brand new one (from the pix we can see that) and it wasnt used too much . i asked him why they didn't use the car so much and here's his response: " they have around 275-300 cars and they keep changing cars that is why they didnt use this Range "
sorry, I dont know anything about their houses
Old 11th August 2010, 22:24   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
yes, 22 Bentleys . yes again, they are shared by the people Shyn has mentioned.
can anyone guess the total number of cars he/they own(s) ?

~THREE HUNDRED !
I think he aims to match The Sultan of Brunie's car collection one day.
Old 11th August 2010, 22:54   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
I think he aims to match The Sultan of Brunie's car collection one day.
This garage even beats the Ambani's(300 car) garage hands down. I think this is by far THE EXOTIC GARAGE in India.
IMO Looks like very easily Hyderabad is the Bently and Rolls Royce capital of India. Can't think of so many of these in any other one city.
Wonder why there is still a delay in having a local Bentley/Rolls/Lambo delaership in Hyd? The city has more than enough business to support a dealership/service center.
Old 11th August 2010, 23:03   #1969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
This garage even beats the Ambani's(300 car) garage hands down. I think this is by far THE EXOTIC GARAGE in India.
IMO Looks like very easily Hyderabad is the Bently and Rolls Royce capital of India. Can't think of so many of these in any other one city.
Wonder why there is still a delay in having a local Bentley/Rolls/Lambo delaership in Hyd? The city has more than enough business to support a dealership/service center.
Sorry but I beg to differ. Mumbai by far has the most number of Rolls Royces.Also if you take off the 20 odd Bentleys owned by this person\family, I dont think you will find many customers to attract a Bentley dealership in Hyderabad.
And about this being the most EXOTIC garage in India,again he has numbers but there are so many other exotic brands missing.So the garage lacks variety.No Ferraris,Masers,Astons,even BMWs to name a few.
Having said all this i would still love to take a look at his garage
Old 11th August 2010, 23:49   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Also if you take off the 20 odd Bentleys owned by this person\family, I dont think you will find many customers to attract a Bentley dealership in Hyderabad.
There are many more individual owners of Bentleys/Rolls in hyd other than this one family. May be nothing close to what this guy has, but definitely a good number of individual owners. Again I don't think anyone comes clsoe to this guy in India.
Doesn't matter if the total count of Bentleys in the city is from one family or from 20 different familes. Just the fact that the city hosts so many number of these cars justifies the need for a local dealership. More than half of the cars sold in Mumbai and Delhi dealerships are for owners outside of these cities. Actually the numbers are much much more for cars sold to other cities.

Quote:
And about this being the most EXOTIC garage in India,again he has numbers but there are so many other exotic brands missing.So the garage lacks variety.No Ferraris,Masers,Astons,even BMWs to name a few.
Having said all this i would still love to take a look at his garage
I don't consider BMW's as exotics. Sure they are luxury cars, but not in any way exotics. Now, speaking of the "missing" brands, its a very personal choice. Just because Ferrari, Aston and Maser are big names, does not mean they have to be a part of a exotic garage. There is very broad approach one can take to this topic. The type of car one drives reflects ones personality. Ferraris, Astons and Masers are sports exotics. Bentleys/Rolls Royces are classy sedans. The fact that he does not have as many "sport" exotics in comparision speaks about the personality of the owner. Nothing that the owner "lacks". Thats just his taste.
You may perceive one car each of a well known brand in a single garage as a variety. But definitely thats not the case with the DC guy here. Now is it? I think he knows exactly what he wants.

Yep, like you mentioned, it's not all the time you come across a garage like this. Definitely one of its kind in India. Infact thinking about it, it can very easily be rated amony the classiest in the world.
viper9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2010, 00:07   #1971
BHPian

I would like to clarify something
I don't know whether they presently own a Ferrari or not but i do know that DC group used to own a Ferrari. I have already mentioned in this thread a few months back that i have spotted F430 parked right behind Yellow Gallardo in his partners house...

And the list which i gave is of only 1 garage..
We don't even know how many cars are still unnoticed from the other garage's because these guys don't like to go public about their cars...
Old 12th August 2010, 00:43   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, the yellow porsche is a carrera, not a cayman.and the murci is the old one(with two exhaust pipes), not the LP640.correct me if i'm wrong
The murcielago he owns is not the old one , but LP640. I had seen it closely.

Last edited by syedhafeez : 12th August 2010 at 00:45.
Old 12th August 2010, 02:06   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
DC's garage was always a hot topic. My friend had recently got the chance to visit his garage (having good contacts can do wonders) and here is an almost accurate list of cars in his garage with a few UPDATES.

1 White Gallardo LP 560-4

1 White Gallardo Spyder

1 Yellow Murcielago

15 Bentleys

3 Phantoms

1 Phantom DHC

4 Range Rovers

1 VW Toureg

1 Porche Cayenne

2 Land Cruisers

2 Beetles

1 Audi A8 L W12

1 Audi R8

1 Merc S65 AMG

5 Audi A4's

1 Yellow Porsche Cayman

1 Jaguars XF

1 Jaguar XJ

1 Merc SLK

1 Porsche Panamera

He also owns many choppers which he uses for his weekend trips to Mysore.

Well...i might have missed out a few names.

The latest additions in his garage are the Black Audi R8, Dark Blue Jaguar XF pics of which have been posted earlier, Jet Black Jaguar XJ.

No pics as they didnt allow to take any.

great garage. The interesting fact is that there are no beemers in the garage.Thats a little odd right?
Old 12th August 2010, 05:42   #1974
BHPian

Does he own any shares in VW India? Seems so from the garage.
Old 12th August 2010, 09:20   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik-zza View Post
22 Bentleys? Holy Mother of God.

Most impressive garage in India by far. I'd say he lacks variety though. :P
From what I have heard, his Bentley count has gone upto 37 !! Ya and its really strange that no BMW dealer has been able to crack him yet!
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2010, 10:45   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
Does he own any shares in VW India? Seems so from the garage.
i don't know if he has a share or not, but he sure has a thing for them!AFAIK, they were the first to take delivery of the beetle when it was launched and while others had to wait for weeks for a polo, theirs was just a phone call away!
Old 12th August 2010, 11:17   #1977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
is it against the forum rules to take names?
Please see the rules my friend. Do use initials and refrain from giving addresses and names. If you feel the urge to give the address or full name do so as a PM. Owners privacy needs to be maintained, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
yes, 22 Bentleys . yes again, they are shared by the people Shyn has mentioned.
can anyone guess the total number of cars he/they own(s) ?

~THREE HUNDRED !
Yes three families share the cars. They dont have 300, 185 was the last count. This includes cars used for guests (Only High end cars), If you count the Camry category cars then over 300. A friend of mine on his last vist a month ago had asked the person incharge of looking after the maintainance of the cars.

Do try and spot the Phantom Coupe .

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Guys I heard that someone from south India has ordered two Bugatti Veyron's. As far my senses are concerned and if the news is true, the owner IMO is DC. Can somebody confirm this or deny it?
Thats what was in the Papers //M. I know one is coming to Bangalore and was told one will go to Chennai but not sure. I am sure sooner or later the Hyderabad boys will pick one up.

@ Mav the count according to even K.M. is yet 22 for the Bentleys.

Last edited by speedy : 12th August 2010 at 11:21.
Old 12th August 2010, 12:44   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
There are many more individual owners of Bentleys/Rolls in hyd other than this one family. May be nothing close to what this guy has, but definitely a good number of individual owners. Again I don't think anyone comes clsoe to this guy in India.
Doesn't matter if the total count of Bentleys in the city is from one family or from 20 different familes. Just the fact that the city hosts so many number of these cars justifies the need for a local dealership. More than half of the cars sold in Mumbai and Delhi dealerships are for owners outside of these cities. Actually the numbers are much much more for cars sold to other cities.

I don't consider BMW's as exotics. Sure they are luxury cars, but not in any way exotics. Now, speaking of the "missing" brands, its a very personal choice. Just because Ferrari, Aston and Maser are big names, does not mean they have to be a part of a exotic garage. There is very broad approach one can take to this topic. The type of car one drives reflects ones personality. Ferraris, Astons and Masers are sports exotics. Bentleys/Rolls Royces are classy sedans. The fact that he does not have as many "sport" exotics in comparision speaks about the personality of the owner. Nothing that the owner "lacks". Thats just his taste.
You may perceive one car each of a well known brand in a single garage as a variety. But definitely thats not the case with the DC guy here. Now is it? I think he knows exactly what he wants.

Yep, like you mentioned, it's not all the time you come across a garage like this. Definitely one of its kind in India. Infact thinking about it, it can very easily be rated amony the classiest in the world.
How many is many more? The dealership in Delhi\Mumbai were opened not just for these cities but keeping in mind the others as well,It definitely is not feasible for Bentley\Rolls to open a dealership in all the major cities in India. They know for a fact that if a guy has the moolah and wants a car he\she will get it anyways,even if there isnt a dealership in their city!
exactly what I said,he know what he wants but his wants are directed towards a few brands.anyways its his money and his garage ,we are no one to advice
hmmm not quite sure that his is one the calssiest in the world!!

Last edited by Baleno7811 : 12th August 2010 at 12:46.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:46   #1979
BHPian

Oh , i forgot to mention there is also a White Fiat 500 in his garage and another Red Fiat 500 in his partner's.

And one thing for sure is that he is the single largest customer for Exclusive Motors, Delhi. I dont know what cars do Exclusive Motors deal in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
From what I have heard, his Bentley count has gone upto 37 !! Ya and its really strange that no BMW dealer has been able to crack him yet!
Such INSANE numbers shock people. Atleast for now its better to assume that he has the largest collection of Bentley's (if not one of the largest) in India.

Last edited by syedhafeez : 12th August 2010 at 13:54.
Old 12th August 2010, 13:54   #1980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
I dont know what cars do Exclusive Motors deal in.
Exclusive Importers for Bentley, Lamborghini and now Bugatti in India. They also import other cars and bikes as per the clients needs.

Syedhafeez they do have the largest collection of Modern Bentleys in India and i presume in Asia as well. I had read in a Magazine a person in Hongkong (not Penninsula hotel with 10/15 Rolls Royces) had 12 Bentleys and was considered the largest private owned fleet.

Last edited by speedy : 12th August 2010 at 14:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks