Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 18:50   #3001
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
The house in the picture is of V reddy. My friends cousin brother. This house is in the lane beside the Audi Showroom If im not wrong? He does not own the LP.
Oh alrite, thanks for the clarification!

Quote:
There is a Nissan GTR, orange color one is heading to hyderabad soon, it is bought by my other friend of Axis structurals company and he told me it costed him 75lac on road! he is the guy who bought lanco's hummer.
Orange ?! Sweet !!

Quote:
And coming to The LP, it is owned by his cousin. you can catch a glimpse of the LP in Erramanzil when it comes back to Hyderabad that is
Erramanzil eh, just can't wait for the Day to encounter both the Yellow LP640 and the Black LP640 together at the Taj Krishna Crossing, would be one helluva sight to watch. Alrite will maintain a vigil in that area.

Quote:
And coming to my Visit to Mr Ravi Reddy's house, I did not find the veyron there...only 2 cars were parked, one is a RR phantom EWB and a Honda CRV black with temp plates when i went to his house this saturday. I also felt awkward to ask him again about the whereabouts of the car. He already informed me that vijay(son of TVR) drives it, With 3 bouncers accompanying him everytime
Oh I saw the Same guy (Vijay) driving the yellow LP640 on Road No.1 Banjara Hills a couple of weeks ago, and boy oh boy he sure does know how to tame the Raging Bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Spotted another silver colored XF-R at Madhapur.
So this is the XFR you were telling me about the other day. Sweet pictures there bro. JLR Hyd definetly seems to be driving home the advantage of the Cities love affair with the Brits. Hence the significant amount of Jags and LR's/RR's that you could find on our streets.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 20th June 2011 at 19:07.
Old 20th June 2011, 18:52   #3002
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
So this is the XFR you were telling me about the other day. Sweet pictures there bro. JLR Hyd definetly seems to be driving home the advantage of the Cities love affair with the Brits. Hence the significant amount of Jags and LR's/RR's that you could find on our streets.
Its just not the hydi love for brits, but a fantastic marketing from inline4motors I would say.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:19   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
^Come on, baleno, what would you prefer given a lambo and a GTR? or a ferrari or a GTR for instance? IF you ask me for value for money, def'tly I'd agree with what you guys said. but Trust me, most of the supercar freaks(atleast in India) wan't gorgeous looks (design) and power in their car.
O.T - I agree with you to a certain extent but not entirely. Yes most people would prefer a Ferrari or a Lambo but then again not everyone would. Most of them. We have quite a few in India itself who have the money to buy a Ferrari or a Lambo but still have gone for the GTR. Its mostly because the Italian duo are more famous among Lay men and turn more heads ( comparatively).
Baleno7811 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 21:22   #3004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
"period" invalid....i'll take the Godzilla anyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
+1 to what everyone said. Zilla never ceases to amaze with its brilliant performance. If pricing would have been a factor to ascertaining which car performs well, then I guess that is a wrong factor to consider while analyzing. Zilla stands out due to various factors like Performance, VFM and a lot more. On a personal note, I still droll over Nissan Skyline range for their simplistic looks and beastly performance. If someone for instance feels Japs never enticed the sports car freaks (no pun intended towards anyone in particular), then I don't think the Skyline's, Supra's, EVO's & etc would have been so popular globally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
Am not sure if you ever tracked a GTR before, but any true racer can vouch along that this "less expensive" GTR will destroy pretty much everything from the Challenge Stradale's to the Scuderia's to the GT3's. You name it, and GTR's are reigning the tracks. and comparing it with an M3? lol, it's an insult to the GTR.

And speaking of price, I think its the best bang for the buck ANY car can provide. How about it pretty much destroys every other supercar more twice its price! This car never seizes to amaze me with its performance even at a ~3800lb curb weight.

+1 to that guys..
If I had the money then I would go for a GTR anyday then comes the Italians..
Well its my personal opinion/choice...

@shyn: as always nice pics bro....
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 22:12   #3005
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a Nissan GTR, orange color one is heading to hyderabad soon, it is bought by my other friend of Axis structurals company and he told me it costed him 75lac on road!
Are you serious?? 75lakhs for a GT-R ! I thought they would be around 85-90lakhs. I thought the 370Z itself costs around 68-70 lakhs depending on options,etc !
Old 20th June 2011, 22:20   #3006
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Are you serious?? 75lakhs for a GT-R ! I thought they would be around 85-90lakhs. I thought the 370Z itself costs around 68-70 lakhs depending on options,etc !
No, apparently It is the ex showroom price, including customs and landing cost. You can add 14.5% lifetax and 2% insurance for it.
Old 21st June 2011, 00:21   #3007
BHPian

While we are still on the topic, I wanted to share this video. Mods please excuse for the OT video. This is the real deal for diehard thumping racers, who know their machines and know what it takes. This GTR is tuned with a P800 and running on 93oc, may be c16, no big deal(wouldn't bet my life on it). It just destroys the veyron like it didnot even exist. Especially if you guys notice on the second run at about 2:45, it lets the veyron take a full 2 second lead and squishes it like a bug. This GTR has Switzer turbos and high-pressure waste gates, and tons of tuning including a calibration for cobb ap. Lots of high end technology under the skin.

Viewer Discretion: Folks who buy super sport-cars for "brand name","status symbol", "color", "looks", "interiors", "cd changers" etc etc should look away No offense!

Last edited by viper9999 : 21st June 2011 at 00:25.
viper9999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 09:44   #3008
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this viper9999!!! I have always been a huge fan of the GTR mainly because of the monster the japs have created from a V6!!!
Anyone who knows the history and the work that went on to make this super car will worship it!!
This video is superb!! Unbelieveable!!! Thanks again!!!
Old 21st June 2011, 12:25   #3009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper9999 View Post
While we are still on the topic, I wanted to share this video. Mods please excuse for the OT video. This is the real deal for diehard thumping racers, who know their machines and know what it takes. This GTR is tuned with a P800 and running on 93oc, may be c16, no big deal(wouldn't bet my life on it). It just destroys the veyron like it didnot even exist. Especially if you guys notice on the second run at about 2:45, it lets the veyron take a full 2 second lead and squishes it like a bug. This GTR has Switzer turbos and high-pressure waste gates, and tons of tuning including a calibration for cobb ap. Lots of high end technology under the skin.

Viewer Discretion: Folks who buy super sport-cars for "brand name","status symbol", "color", "looks", "interiors", "cd changers" etc etc should look away No offense!

lol...what kind of comparison is that? you are comparing a upgraded switzer p800 verson with a stock veyron?
On stock state, bugatti goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds the nissan goes 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and the bugattis top speed is 253 mph and the nissan gt-r is 195 there is no way in hell that a nissan gt-r can beat the bugatti.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd June 2011 at 02:27. Reason: removed video url from quotes post for better vieweing. Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 13:05   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
lol...what kind of comparison is that? you are comparing a upgraded switzer p800 verson with a stock veyron?
On stock state, bugatti goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds the nissan goes 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and the bugattis top speed is 253 mph and the nissan gt-r is 195 there is no way in hell that a nissan gt-r can beat the bugatti.

the "upgraded" p800 only makes 700bhp at the wheels.
the stock veyron makes,what, 1001?
its how that goes to the wheels is what matters.

Last edited by mayankk : 21st June 2011 at 13:07.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:08   #3011
BHPian

Quote:
In your words Ravelsnip, they are comparing a car costing 75lac with a 16 Crore car. I am amazed at you laughing at the mere comparision of Tuned GTR with Stock Veyron. It's more about the performance and what it can deliver, rather than looking at the pricing factor or other minor details, which never help the car in performing better. I neither advocate that GTR is good nor do I advocate it being bad, Loving GT-R or not is an individuals perspective, abliet it is surely an Exotic Super Car to look at and drive too. I still oogle at the GT-R and the love increases by leaps and bounds every day.

OT: Shyn, Is NC's Red GT-R back after being Tuned?

Last edited by traveloholic : 21st June 2011 at 13:13.
Old 21st June 2011, 13:20   #3012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
OT: Shyn, Is NC's Red GT-R back after being Tuned?
AFAIK NC's red GTR was tuned at Racetech's Newly opened facility in Hyderabad itself maybe two months ago, so it surely would have returned immediately.
ShortShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 13:52   #3013
BHPian

OT: Guys lets just stop the comparison of GTR with any other Supercar before it gets too messy.
Every Individual has their own perspective..

@shortshifter: a friend of mine saw the Red GTR being ripped at Jubilee Hills couple of months back and that was the last time I heard about it..
syedhafeez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 18:59   #3014
BHPian

At around 3pm today i saw the Midnight Black Jaguar XKR on KBR stretch near Cancer hospital, but unfortunately it was on the other side of the road.
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 19:32   #3015
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
OT: Guys lets just stop the comparison of GTR with any other Supercar before it gets too messy.
Every Individual has their own perspective..
+ Infinity.

Anyway, if anybody wants to snap the big cars, CarZ is THE place to be. I think DC is getting their entire fleet serviced there. Today I saw a blue Bentley CGTC and a white CFS, a white Arnage, and a Black Phantom( or a Ghost). Couldn't have been anything else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks