Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2011, 18:29   #3166
BANNED

re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Did anyone here like the old 7 more than the new one? It looked so royal and imperial before. The old gen 7 looked much wider and had more presence. The new 7 looks like an elongated 5 series, and looks nowhere near as long.

I even liked the Chris Bangle trunk.
Old 14th July 2011, 19:19   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Ok, this will be my last post offtopic,
firstly, I never said Mumbai is below Hyd in terms of Exotics...Mumbai is way ahead. But Delhi is not like it.
What you are "assuming" is different than what IS "actually" seen. You are probably sounding like, there is an Alien intelligent life form outside of earth but we actually have no proof of it yet and based on that our species is not regarded as intelligent species.

But What I posted above are factual stats, The number of sales of JLR and BMW are the highest in the country in Hyderabad. You can visit any dealer they have this info in their systems of the total country wide sales. I have just said the obvious from the current stats.
Personally, I don't think any comparison between cities is really right here since there are many diverse factors involved - Cultural, spending habits, practical issues etc. I'm sure there are lot lot more Mumbaikars who can afford but don't buy a BMW for practical reasons like inability to use effectively and park it safely. For many Mumbaikars, an exotic is probably ordinary to merit attention.

Chennai doesn't seem to be named here but spending habits are way different and highly conservative. People here also don't like to expose their real wealth.

Go to a small town in TN/Kerala like Tirupur and probably on a per capita basis these towns will beat hollow bigger ones on ownership of high value cars.
Old 14th July 2011, 20:38   #3168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
Personally, I don't think any comparison between cities is really right here since there are many diverse factors involved - Cultural, spending habits, practical issues etc. I'm sure there are lot lot more Mumbaikars who can afford but don't buy a BMW for practical reasons like inability to use effectively and park it safely. For many Mumbaikars, an exotic is probably ordinary to merit attention.

Chennai doesn't seem to be named here but spending habits are way different and highly conservative. People here also don't like to expose their real wealth.

Go to a small town in TN/Kerala like Tirupur and probably on a per capita basis these towns will beat hollow bigger ones on ownership of high value cars.
+1
Its unfair to compare citys this way. Almost every metro in the country have their own usp's. But I feel there is no city in the country which covers every aspect when it comes to super, exotic or hyper cars. Agreed some small towns have a far greater per capita level but you would need to elaborate on what the term high value cars means to these small towns with big per capita. Money is all around well almost everywhere and India is mostly a conservative nation. Places with a decent enough infrastructure in place for allowing such cars to ply on them would obviously play host to such cars, since both passion and dough are in dearth across the country.

But we still lag behind International standards by leaps and bounds for which you could blame our atrocious tax laws on Imports and also other reasons. Infrastructure is also a major issue. There are just a handful of roads in the country i know of where you could drive an exotic without any worries, getting to such roads is on an other page altogether. All these factors play a key role, until and unless these issues are addressed, our international counterparts would keep having a laugh at us.
Old 15th July 2011, 00:43   #3169
Senior - BHPian

A Video of the Yellow Raging Bull ripping through Road No.12 !

And the Yellow Raging Bull yet again taking off at Taj Krishna Signal, Enjoy !

ShortShifter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:57   #3170
BANNED

^I love the second video.

Look at the people walking turning back all of a sudden as though something hit them! :
Old 15th July 2011, 15:21   #3171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^I love the second video.

Look at the people walking turning back all of a sudden as though something hit them! :
Yeah Indeed ! Looks like the young IPL owner seems to be having a Blast with the LP640 almost every weekend. Can't wait for the Aventador Duo to come !

Anyways Hyderabad's Newest Facelifted GTR. Some Pre Delivery snaps of the same, Enjoy !

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr1.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr3.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr6.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr4.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr5.jpg
ShortShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 17:43   #3172
Senior - BHPian

The 2012 MY GT-R looks fantastic in that shade. And what about the R8? Is that new too?
Old 15th July 2011, 19:52   #3173
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this Cayman S today.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3488.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3490.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3491.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3493.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 00:00   #3174
Senior - BHPian

The latest addition to the ever growing list of Jaguar Rs in the city....
A spanking new XF-R in a really different shade of blue(wonder what they call it) was being delivered today evening at around 5.30

The Volvo XC90 leading the convoy had 'Member of Parliament' on the registration plates and a Verna was following.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-3.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-4.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-5.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-6.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-7.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-9.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-12.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-13.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-16.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-20.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-25.jpg  

shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 00:16   #3175
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
A spanking new XF-R in a really different shade of blue(wonder what they call it)
The colour is called Kyanite Blue. This very same car was standing at the Mumbai showroom till about 5 days ago. Could make out due to black grille, personally dont quite like it!

Last edited by PPS : 17th July 2011 at 00:17.
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 11:50   #3176
BANNED

IMHO, the back of XF is a replica of ASton martin's back...Also, the back of XF and the front of XJ would make the jaguar a perfect looking masterpiece. I personally do not like the back of XJ.
Old 17th July 2011, 12:18   #3177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMHO, the back of XF is a replica of ASton martin's back...Also, the back of XF and the front of XJ would make the jaguar a perfect looking masterpiece. I personally do not like the back of XJ.
The new XF looks pretty much like the XJ from the front. And about the back, IMHO, I don't think it looks like an Aston Martin!

Pictures sourced from : Jaguar International - XF Gallery

Any news when the new XF will be launched in India?
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-xf_black_amethyst_012_044_gbl1008x567.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-a3_all_xf_012_045_gee1008x567.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 15:14   #3178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
The 2012 MY GT-R looks fantastic in that shade. And what about the R8? Is that new too?
These snaps were taken at the Holding Area of a Dealership outside of Hyd, so no idea about the R8 .

Anyways, forgot to attach one last pic of the Black GTR.

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-gtr10.jpg
ShortShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 00:46   #3179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
The new XF looks pretty much like the XJ from the front. And about the back, IMHO, I don't think it looks like an Aston Martin!

Pictures sourced from : Jaguar International - XF Gallery

Any news when the new XF will be launched in India?
The front of XF u posted is totally different from the one which is being offered in India at the moment.

Also the front head lamps and grill of the XF is totally different from Xj...XJ, more or less looks like a real jaguar.
Old 18th July 2011, 00:48   #3180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
These snaps were taken at the Holding Area of a Dealership outside of Hyd, so no idea about the R8 .

Anyways, forgot to attach one last pic of the Black GTR.

Attachment 578286
Before my frd made a purchase of the orange GTR, He approached laxmi nissan and those guys vehemently denied any role in importing a GTR...they said, they cannot import it nor support it and they can only provide service for it here.Hence my friend decided to import it from a third party dealer from mumbai..how come they are now delivering a NISSAN GTR to someone else?

Most Viewed