Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:11   #3286
BANNED

re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Relax mate!

I just voiced my opinion too. I find it quite funny when people talk about sales volumes of such cars. Andhrite mentality or not, I don't see the G55 AMG selling on par with Q7s and Rangies anywhere in the world. It would be quite silly to talk about sales of such cars, and having phrases like "What was Mercedes thinking when they launched it here" and "It looks like a beefed-up Bolero" being said.
I see you are trying to quote my post......ofcourse any car maker would take into account production values and def'tly try to profit from it basing on the design or engine spec. take a look at any SUV in that 70+ range, everything is doing good in India. Everything except this one would do well....Saying merc would not be looking into sales of this car is just being ignorant and nothing else.

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd August 2011 at 15:05.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:18   #3287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
I see you are trying to quote my post......ofcourse any car maker would take into account production values and def'tly try to profit from it basing on the design or engine spec. take a look at any SUV in that 70+ range, everything is doing good in India. Everything except this one would do well....Saying merc would not be looking into sales of this car is just being ignorant and nothing else.
numbers for this vehicle come from armed forces worldwide.
I do think this has come into india to cater to specific requests by enthusiasts, hence MB wouldnt be looking at huge Q7 beating sales figures.

Off note, I presume it would take an arnie equivalent to open up civilians to consider this vehicle.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:43   #3288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
You don't seem to have understood the purpose of the G55 in India. The purpose is that, well, it has no purpose!

If Mercedes is seriously considering sales, then they would have introduced the entire G-Wagen range. One mustn't forget that Mercedes has 2 other SUVs in their portfolio, and that takes care of their volumes. The ML and the GL. The G55, on the other hand, is purely a lifestyle vehicle for the true enthusiast who wouldn't bother even considering a Q7 or a Range Rover at all.

And comparing the sales of a petrol SUV to a diesel SUV is criminal.

You must know that Audi has managed to sell only a handful of petrol Q7s in the country. 98% of the Q7s are diesel. The same goes for Land Rover's Range Rover.

Mercedes isn't bothered about volumes on the G55. They are getting people to buy their other SUVs anyway. The G55 is more like the jewel in their crown. A hood-ornament of sorts. The sort of car that will get people to come into their showrooms and check out their other cars as well. The same goes for the SLS.

Much like the Fiat 500. Fiat introduced the 500 in limited numbers here in India. If they were looking at volumes, they would have slashed prices, introduced more variants of the same, and wouldn't have restricted the number of 500s on sale either.

I hope you get it now.
suhaas307 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:15   #3289
BANNED

^Even the ML and GL you mentioned are sulking with competition from audi, BMW, JLR. hardly i can see the ML and GL being registered these days....

Mercedes is gone! no wonder they are making so many calls and giving very big discounts on their models these days. The very reason they are surviving at the moment is on the service industry for previously sold cars. They are unable to match the numbers in any variant, leave alone the g55. Read overdrive for further proof of what I said.

Instead of doing something about the numbers, they give us another pointless inflated bolero is what I mean't.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 3rd August 2011 at 12:18.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:52   #3290
BANNED

LOL Suhaas307 !!! I wrote that in a very relaxed state of mind.

You guys can write me paragraphs on what it can do and who it is meant for. But I already know that. And that is the crux of my point.I am not arguing with you because I 100% agree with you, and because I agree with you, well, that is exactly what makes me laugh. And that is what makes me know it can't hold a candle to the Q7 when we talk about sheer sales figures.

I have not mentioned anything about performance so let's drop the technicals descriptions here.

And yes, I think G55 looks like a Bolero with a MB logo. This is an opinion, but the point above is a fact which you guys know also acknowledged.

All I did was call a spade , a spade. So let's just stop this G55 talk here.I don't think our discussion here is worth being stored on team bhp servers.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 3rd August 2011 at 12:54.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:56   #3291
Team-BHP Support

Yup.

Let's leave it at that.

What I was trying to say is you cannot compare sales figures of these SUVs. They are targeted at different people. It's like comparing the sales of a Maruti 800 to a Fiat Punto, the argument being that both are hatchbacks.

And to prevent any confusion, I am not speaking on behalf of Mercedes or Fiat or Audi or Land Rover. The statements I've made are of my opinion. Perhaps, Mercedes thinks about volumes differently. I've put forth my perspective and my understanding of these vehicles and their positions in our market.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 3rd August 2011 at 12:59.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:03   #3292
BHPian

Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG Review by Top Gear | Ultimate Street Videos, Car Reviews, Car News
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:08   #3293
Distinguished - BHPian

Team-BHP Support: Please STICK to discussion related to this thread. If anyone posts OT posts or highlights car owners name here, this thread will be subjected to mass clean-up and such members will be infracted.

Thanks for your co-operation !!!
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:42   #3294
BHPian

It is a pity that the Hyderabad thread, usually so rich in content,has degenerated over the last couple of pages into a boring(for me)argument and slanging match(from one corner,at least)over a single model of one marque!It just doesnt seem to be a meaningful discussion anymore.
Looking forward to some variety on this thread again,with offence to none intended.
Please delete if my unsolicited opinion is inappropriate or uncalled for.
Old 3rd August 2011, 15:59   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the Topic,

The Porsche Boxter S at Speedway 2011,

All Pictures Courtesy: Taran Khetan

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 2009
Size:  72.7 KB

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-3.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-4.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-5.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-6.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-7.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-8.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-9.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-10.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-11.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-12.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-13.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-14.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-15.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-16.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-17.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-18.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-19.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-20.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-21.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-22.jpg
ShortShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:02   #3296
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent pictures there Shortshifter. I remember seeing a lady drive this boxter (atleast till starting line) then a guy took over.

Compared to MH registered yellow 911, this one didnt fare too well. That was bloody fast !

I hope you guys are all armed with your cameras for the 1st Leg of National Drag Racing Championship at the same venue on Aug 13 & Aug 14
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:13   #3297
Senior - BHPian

A Beautifully Maintained E36 BMW 3 Series Convertible,

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-1.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-22.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-3.jpg

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  32.2 KB

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-5.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-6.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-7.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-8.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-9.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-10.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-11.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-12.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-13.jpg
ShortShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:15   #3298
BHPian

Just above a car from not so long ago,but still unattainable for all but a few,what with import regulations the way they were and probably still are!
A car that dreams were made of!
A man who obviously loves his motor,a lensman who has caressed the car from every appealing angle and a brute squatting sulking under gathering clouds alongside open tarmac,begging to be driven,can there be a headier mix for a car fanatic?
Long live Team bhp!
911987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2011, 19:23   #3299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
A Beautifully Maintained E36 BMW 3 Series Convertible,
This is just CRAZY!!! Must say an amazing lenswork on a bloody gorgeous car. Brilliant work!!! IMO this has gotta be the best pic on TBhp.
Unknownsatan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2011, 11:33   #3300
BANNED

And here we go again.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rapid1.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rapide2.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rapide3.jpg  

D33-PAC is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com