Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:40   #3406
Team-BHP Support

re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Hyderabad is undoubtedly the Land rover capital of India, here we see more no.of Land rovers than Aria,Santa Fe,Yeti et all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknownsatan View Post
Ya should not compare LR sales with these 3 vehicles. In Bangalore also ya will see LR/RR more than Aria, Santa Fe and Yeti. I have not seen many of em on the roads.
I completely agree with Robesh here.

I see 3 Range Rovers every day. And honestly, they're all different. There is one garage in Bangalore that has 4 Range Rovers, all different generations. In fact, I've seen at least 10 different colours of Rangies in Bangalore. And I'm pretty sure there are at least 10 in black itself, and 5 in white

I've seen just 2 Santa Fes and 3 Arias up till now, in comparison.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd August 2011 at 19:43.
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:25   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
don't think so. I read in a very famous car magazine that south sales of JLR has been huge compared to other parts of India. The region wise sales figures were taken from TATA motors, the owners of JLR. It is just a age old pressumption that people in Mumbai and Delhi are rich, but the situation has changed drastically since the Real estate & IT boom in bangalore and Hyderabad.

YOu believe me or not, they have listed Hyderabad ranked 1 in terms of Number of vehicles sold per individual metro city, be it LR, RR, XF, Xj combined together.
I second that my friend. General population is still stuck with the old idea of Mumbai and Delhi being the heart beat of India. The way I see it, these 2 were THE cities of India in the 80's and 90's. Today, they only have the advantage of being early starters. Hyd and B'lore are the cities of 21st century modern India. It's my opinion based on my experiences.
Old 23rd August 2011, 22:08   #3408
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
A member here works for Navnit the Rolls dealer, and said that Mumbai has by far the highest number of rolls. This was before the Ghost was launched, but I doubt that would change anything.

\
Akshay, Here we are not talking about the uber rich, but the proportionate of rich people compared to ordinary people. Let me tell you something, People who buy Rangerovers, atleast in my opinion are not SUPERRich, you can call them upper middle class people. And Not everybody can afford a RollsRoyce. And mumbai, being the home of the biggest industrialists in India would obviously have more RollsRoyces which are in the superrich category. But more and more people down south especially from Hyderabad and Bangalore are getting richer in middle class category, which is why u have booming sales of premium midsized cars more in number here than other cities like Mumbai and Delhi. What I intended to say is the proportionate of rich people buying cars in Hyderabad & bangalore is more than in mumbai and delhi. Do you know that BMW sales are maximum in Banglore and next to hyderabad in the entire country? Go visit a BMW showroom if u don believe me and ask them their national stats.

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 23rd August 2011 at 22:10.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:10   #3409
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravelsnip@gmail View Post
Akshay, Here we are not talking about the uber rich, but the proportionate of rich people compared to ordinary people. Let me tell you something, People who buy Rangerovers, atleast in my opinion are not SUPERRich, you can call them upper middle class people. And Not everybody can afford a RollsRoyce. And mumbai, being the home of the biggest industrialists in India would obviously have more RollsRoyces which are in the superrich category. But more and more people down south especially from Hyderabad and Bangalore are getting richer in middle class category, which is why u have booming sales of premium midsized cars more in number here than other cities like Mumbai and Delhi. What I intended to say is the proportionate of rich people buying cars in Hyderabad & bangalore is more than in mumbai and delhi. Do you know that BMW sales are maximum in Banglore and next to hyderabad in the entire country? Go visit a BMW showroom if u don believe me and ask them their national stats.
In that case, good for India. I was merely saying that Mumbai has more Rolls, and not going deeper into the topic about people and their wealth. I don't think its right to call a person who can spend 90l on a car 'upper middle class'.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:28   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I completely agree with Robesh here.

I see 3 Range Rovers every day. And honestly, they're all different. There is one garage in Bangalore that has 4 Range Rovers, all different generations. In fact, I've seen at least 10 different colours of Rangies in Bangalore. And I'm pretty sure there are at least 10 in black itself, and 5 in white

I've seen just 2 Santa Fes and 3 Arias up till now, in comparison.
I bet there are more than 10 Black and 5 white Suhas. Just this last weekend I spotted 4 White Rangies in diferent parts of the city on the same day.

I think we need to consider various factors when commenting on the cities we are talking about here. For example Bangalore is third largest metro for high net worth individuals. So does that mean Banglore has the most number of Bentleys or Rolls or Lambos after Delhi and Mumbai? No it certainly does not.What we need to accept is that in India the mentality and the preferrences of people vary drastically. For example the people in Kerala indulge in a lot of Jewelry. It may very well be that they spend crores on jewelry but not nearly as much on cars. The people in Bangalore are very conservative. The Billionaires we have here are know to move around in cars like Indica, Honda City and the likes. So the number of supercars in a city is not an indication of the status of the city.
Baleno7811 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 10:17   #3411
Distinguished - BHPian

In fact, delhi has probably the lowest number of cars going up from D-, or even C-segment!
From the vento to the R8's, they are not from delhi!
they are from the richest town of all, gurgaon!!!

(implied, and should be understood, please)
But why i really enjoy this thread, is for the number of spottings, and the sheer awesomeness of the 3 resident spotters here!!
kudos to you guys!
Old 24th August 2011, 11:19   #3412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
The people in Bangalore are very conservative. The Billionaires we have here are know to move around in cars like Indica, Honda City and the likes. So the number of supercars in a city is not an indication of the status of the city.
That is also most true of Chennai, a quiet city which most people ignore. A city which is immensely wealthy but believes more in not showcasing that wealth.
Old 24th August 2011, 12:10   #3413
BHPian

Looks like we are veering off the topic and divulging into the Intra-SuperCar-Thread Discussion again. Lets stick to discussing Super Cars and not which city has highest number of Super Cars. No one has exact information of the number of super cars each city has. So, why fight over this topic.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:01   #3414
Senior - BHPian

Guys, can we please stop this inter-state, luxury car count competition.
Please realise that if we weren't Indians, we wouldn't have belonged to our respective states.
So let's unite once again, since we are Indians first.

Last edited by Jayabusa : 24th August 2011 at 13:08.
Jayabusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 14:34   #3415
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
I bet there are more than 10 Black and 5 white Suhas. Just this last weekend I spotted 4 White Rangies in diferent parts of the city on the same day.

I think we need to consider various factors when commenting on the cities we are talking about here. For example Bangalore is third largest metro for high net worth individuals. So does that mean Banglore has the most number of Bentleys or Rolls or Lambos after Delhi and Mumbai? No it certainly does not.What we need to accept is that in India the mentality and the preferrences of people vary drastically. For example the people in Kerala indulge in a lot of Jewelry. It may very well be that they spend crores on jewelry but not nearly as much on cars. The people in Bangalore are very conservative. The Billionaires we have here are know to move around in cars like Indica, Honda City and the likes. So the number of supercars in a city is not an indication of the status of the city.

YEs thats a good point..When I started this, I only said that RangeRovers were the maximum in the country in Hyderabad. But that doesn't mean i said Hyd has so many rich people. What I mean't to say is, the passion for supercars and buyers are more in number here
Old 24th August 2011, 15:09   #3416
BHPian

i dont undersatnd why are people so agressive here ..Its already told by couple of people to stop the discussion of comparison between cities, Wont you stop unless a Moderator gives you an other warning ?
Old 24th August 2011, 15:18   #3417
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please stick to the topic being discussed, i.e. spotting super cars and imports. Any more off topic discussions will lead to strict action.

Last edited by n_aditya : 24th August 2011 at 15:20.
Old 24th August 2011, 15:46   #3418
BHPian

CANNONBALL CLUB ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF HYDERABAD EDITION 2011.

CBC looking for Supercar enthusiasts passionate about automotive photography who will be given the opportunity to be part of the 1st Supercar drive in HYDERABAD..
Interested people please contact us on info@cannonballclub.in for further details..
smalhotra_93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 19:19   #3419
Senior - BHPian

Hope this doesn't start another war of words on 'which city has maximum number of Jags'!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3765.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3758.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3757.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3756.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_3754.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_4963.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_4964.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_4967.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_4938.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_4940.jpg  

shyn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 00:40   #3420
BANNED

^The owner of the White jag is my neighbor in Vijaywada, a power tycoon. I drove that car

Last edited by ravelsnip@gmail : 25th August 2011 at 00:41.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks