Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 00:20   #1456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
There are few cars manufactures in the world who dont and will not change their shapes no matter what! good example Ambassador
Porsche's will never change their designs to the extremes. Their goal has always been to deliver that shape whether its an SUV, Coupe or a Sedan and a lot went into the design of Panamera to preserve its history. The design of 911 didnt change much since 60's. I know looks matter but eventually you will like it, you have no option

Edit: There's a assembly for Dynamic spoiler in the trunk which comes up at speeds beyond 60mph and and 2 wings spread sideways for speeds beyond 120mph to reduce the air lift. So the trunk shape has some functionality.
That's a valid point you have there .But a real simpler option would be to buy something else.
But as you said never really liked the Cayenne at the beginning but slowly it grew on me and now I like it.
Old 11th November 2009, 00:31   #1457
BHPian

Its personal choice or else there wont be so many brands. Maser Q is sharp and looks amazing and every car speaks for itself. I would never go for a RR ( yea right, if I could afford one) rather will prefer Maybach which looks sleek to me.

edit: I was just kidding about " you have no option" line.
Old 11th November 2009, 00:37   #1458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its personal choice or else there wont be so many brands. Maser Q is sharp and looks amazing and every car speaks for itself. I would never go for a RR ( yea right, if I could afford one) rather will prefer Maybach which looks sleek to me.

edit: I was just kidding about " you have no option" line.
Me too ,hate the RR for its looks.If i had that kind of money would go for the much classier Arnage though it has been discontinued and replaced with the mulsanne which again don't particularly like.
Old 11th November 2009, 19:30   #1459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Definitely does resemble a cayman , but the cayman looks a million times better. Something terribly wrong with the back of this car.Would you buy it for 2.5 crore's showroom price. No way .Way too ugly.Would rather go in for the S65 AMG ,quatropotte,or the flying spur speed.
Quote:
There are few cars manufactures in the world who dont and will not change their shapes no matter what! good example Ambassador
Porsche's will never change their designs to the extremes. Their goal has always been to deliver that shape whether its an SUV, Coupe or a Sedan and a lot went into the design of Panamera to preserve its history. The design of 911 didnt change much since 60's. I know looks matter but eventually you will like it, you have no option

Edit: There's a assembly for Dynamic spoiler in the trunk which comes up at speeds beyond 60mph and and 2 wings spread sideways for speeds beyond 120mph to reduce the air lift. So the trunk shape has some functionality.

I couldn't agree with you more guys! As much as a love Porsche (I wouldn't like them changing the iconic 911 silhouette ever) I would like it if they could incorporate some new design ideas in their other cars. The 911 and Cayman and Boxster are all good. But the Panamera and the Cayenne are just ghastly!

But I'd take a RR over a Maybach or an Arnage any day. The sheer class and presence that the RR has is something no other car today can ever replicate! It's Buckingham Palace on wheels!
Old 11th November 2009, 19:43   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I couldn't agree with you more guys! As much as a love Porsche (I wouldn't like them changing the iconic 911 silhouette ever) I would like it if they could incorporate some new design ideas in their other cars. The 911 and Cayman and Boxster are all good. But the Panamera and the Cayenne are just ghastly!

But I'd take a RR over a Maybach or an Arnage any day. The sheer class and presence that the RR has is something no other car today can ever replicate! It's Buckingham Palace on wheels!
Buckingham palace on wheels was a term used for Bentley by Jeremy Clarkson.

Old 11th November 2009, 21:03   #1461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Buckingham palace on wheels was a term used for Bentley by Jeremy Clarkson.

OT: Indeed it was But I quite like Jezza's quotes! I often use them on a regular basis. But 'Buckingham Palace on wheels' suits Rolls Royce as well! I sniff a Top Gear fan. The 14th Season will start this weekend my friend! Can't wait!

Back to the Panamera. It's 2.5 Crores? That's honestly not worth it. A Maserati Quattroporte is a better bet compared to that!

Syed had spotted a Quattroporte and he had mentioned it in this thread a while back. I'd love to see some pictures of that!
Old 11th November 2009, 21:42   #1462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
i saw an INFINITI sedan near the cinemax parking. dont know which model that is but i saw something like q45 or q4s. it looked like an old model
I remember it seeing 2 yrs back near SUBWAY Banjara Hills.I think it was Black in color,don't remember exactly though and it was very long and wide. I was just staring at it when it was passing by my side. When i saw it for the first, i asked my friends which car is it.
I came to know that it was INFINITI when i saw its rear and believe me in those days i never knew that Infiniti even existed as a car.

@Suhaas:Sorry bro i don't have any pics of that. That day i was carrying a lousy nokia cell instead of my cyber-shot.And also some of the cars of Hyd are very hard to spot. As they take it on a drive very rarely or at nights..
Specially the BULLS.

Last edited by syedhafeez : 11th November 2009 at 21:49.
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2009, 08:05   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OT: Indeed it was But I quite like Jezza's quotes! I often use them on a regular basis. But 'Buckingham Palace on wheels' suits Rolls Royce as well! I sniff a Top Gear fan. The 14th Season will start this weekend my friend! Can't wait!

Back to the Panamera. It's 2.5 Crores? That's honestly not worth it. A Maserati Quattroporte is a better bet compared to that!

Syed had spotted a Quattroporte and he had mentioned it in this thread a while back. I'd love to see some pictures of that!
Me too, love Jezza's quotes.I am a big fan of top gear. Totally owns . I have every episode and season on my computer and love watching them again and again.Never get bored actually.
Simply hilarious and interesting.

And yes panamera Turbo is 2.5 crore's Ex-Showroom.
I'm very sure that it will work up to around the price of 2 bentleys(FS).
Just not worth it in that perspective.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:38   #1464
BHPian

Well in terms of price , I'm not sure which car is worth. But in terms of road presence Maser Q has an edge over Panamera as of now. Lets see what future says.
Old 12th November 2009, 09:41   #1465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well in terms of price , I'm not sure which car is worth. But in terms of road presence Maser Q has an edge over Panamera as of now. Lets see what future says.
Totally agree with you .but I'm also sure that the bentley FS speed will also give the Maserati Q a run for its money.
Old 12th November 2009, 10:24   #1466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Me too, love Jezza's quotes.I am a big fan of top gear. Totally owns . I have every episode and season on my computer and love watching them again and again.Never get bored actually.
Simply hilarious and interesting.

I have all the 13 Seasons too! Did you watch the 14th Season's teaser video? I never get bored of them either

The Continental Flying Spur costs 2.5 Crore and I'm sure of that! That would be the on-road price. But I think the Maserati Quattroporte is less expensive and better looking by a colossal margin! (That's when you compare it to the Panamera)
Old 12th November 2009, 11:48   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have all the 13 Seasons too! Did you watch the 14th Season's teaser video? I never get bored of them either

The Continental Flying Spur costs 2.5 Crore and I'm sure of that! That would be the on-road price. But I think the Maserati Quattroporte is less expensive and better looking by a colossal margin! (That's when you compare it to the Panamera)
Definitely , I think the Maserati actually wins this. But I would still go for the Bentley. Underlying current of love I guess.

And season 14 yes ,A stunner.Actually watching a few videos of season 14 over the youtube as I type.

Really good.
Old 12th November 2009, 15:25   #1468
Senior - BHPian

that SLC is rare, i am seeing it first time in India
Old 12th November 2009, 17:05   #1469
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry but the panamera starts from 1.44 Cr and the top model costs 2.4 Cr. So why always point at 2.5? When it starts from 1.4.
Old 12th November 2009, 17:12   #1470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Sorry but the panamera starts from 1.44 Cr and the top model costs 2.4 Cr. So why always point at 2.5? When it starts from 1.4.
Dante,

We were referring to the Panamera Turbo. As far as I know, the Turbo is the most expensive variant in the Panamera list. Please go through older posts, you'll see that the topic of discussion was and still is the Turbo variant of the Panamera. You probably haven't been through the earlier posts so it's okay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks