Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2009, 14:38   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwAddict View Post
Lol you're just a kid.Okay btw,regarding iit work hard,I got aerospace in kharagpur,but did not take because of my sick health.

And regarding your car below 40 lakhs,I would obviously suggest bmw 3 series.Dont you read autocar,topgear or over drive magazines ?.Bmw 3 series is now improved and re-designed,and it's available in india.Me being a proud owner for Audi a8,I would only suggest an A8 but not a4.A4 is cool and nice to drive,but I just find that car to be girlish.

if you want rich interiors + awesome drive >>>. Audi a4
if you want awesome drive with "ok" interiors >>> bmw 320d highline.

okay according to recent survey with my "girl friends" ( they are my friends,they are girls ) they find audi a4 to be more fantastic than bmw 320d.

And yeah,how can you even thought of buying a mercedes at your age,it's for all old uncles and aunties.And yeah dude,dont even go for Audi tt.I don't even understand why people even buy an Audi TT.

If you can import a car,get a Honda Civic Mugen RR !.It's awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
If you get into IIT, you won't have time to enjoy the car!

Below 40, the A4, 3 and the C class are good options. TT's more than 40. Touraeg V6 is in ur price range. My personal choice would be the A4. I'm also a fan of the Teana, if you are too, have a look at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
So you'll be getting another car in addition to the SLK200 ? Cool!

In that price bracket , I guess BMWADDICT said it right. Either A4 or 3 series , just check out em out individually.

Sorry about the SLR. It's production run is over + it was made in LHD only. Now if you were to be studying outside India , then it'll be easy to get one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syedhafeez View Post
Even i suggest A4 or 3 series, and i think you should drop TT..
All the best for your IIT and if you were able to get the Roadster in any case then it would be the first one in India but as eks said production of the Roadster is stopped..

thank you so much for the suggestions people. i want A4 only because of its lights and the shape.i like the brang , power of all their vehicles and experience of BMW.and ill drop the merc c class. which one is better overall? i think 3 series highline is around 35 so can i get 520d if i add another 7 lakhs? i think A4 is too much becouse i already have a Q7 and A6.

and ecks.thank you for that info. i really wanted to have the SLR.
which super exotic should i buy ? price doesnt matter,but must be below 7 crores .ANY car.i like the murcielago,i love gallardo but still i need an expensive car.
Old 9th March 2009, 18:19   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
thank you so much for the suggestions people. i want A4 only because of its lights and the shape.i like the brang , power of all their vehicles and experience of BMW.and ill drop the merc c class. which one is better overall? i think 3 series highline is around 35 so can i get 520d if i add another 7 lakhs? i think A4 is too much becouse i already have a Q7 and A6.

and ecks.thank you for that info. i really wanted to have the SLR.
which super exotic should i buy ? price doesnt matter,but must be below 7 crores .ANY car.i like the murcielago,i love gallardo but still i need an expensive car.

dude right now,the bmw 3 series which is avail in india is the latest re-design from the company.once get the feb edition of autodrive,he has clearly mentioned the shape changes and interior changes with the bmw 3 series and I would suggest you to get the bmw experience,as you already have got alot of audi awesome fun.I can clearly say the drive wont be that awesome like an audi with bmw,but it's too good for driver seat and during rainy season,you will feel more comfortable with an audi rather to a bmw.

And bmw 530d is 40-50 not 35.And bmw 320highline comes with 37 lakhs on road price and right now discounts are like hell for bmw,i know this guy called irfan who works at bmw,he told me that they are givin discounts only on 3,5 and 7 series models.According to the magazine,you can get some 6L + discounts on bmw 3 series,which is brand new with change in front line.

And Audi a4 looks like an angel,it would suit the best for girls,but not for guys and yeah less than 7 crores ? that's a less price for you ? okay,never mind.

If you're above 6ft >>> ferrari and aston martin
if you'r less than 5'9>>> lamborghini

To be frank,i would call only a ferrari and lamborghini as exotics,but ferrari has cheap plastic interiors.And what you really mean by exotic ? only racing or racing + saloons ?

if you need a palance on wheels >>>Bentley baby !
Old 9th March 2009, 19:06   #828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be frank,i would call only a ferrari and lamborghini as exotics,but ferrari has cheap plastic interiors.And what you really mean by exotic ? only racing or racing + saloons ?

What? Where did that come from? Have you ever seen a Ferrari interior? They are probably at par with the best interior'd super cars out there man.

Wow. Your info on every other car was really nice , accurate and precise . But this is so not the case.
Old 9th March 2009, 19:14   #829
BHPian

Quote:
dude right now,the bmw 3 series which is avail in india is the latest re-design from the company.once get the feb edition of autodrive,he has clearly mentioned the shape changes and interior changes with the bmw 3 series and I would suggest you to get the bmw experience,as you already have got alot of audi awesome fun.I can clearly say the drive wont be that awesome like an audi with bmw,but it's too good for driver seat and during rainy season,you will feel more comfortable with an audi rather to a bmw.

And bmw 530d is 40-50 not 35.And bmw 320highline comes with 37 lakhs on road price and right now discounts are like hell for bmw,i know this guy called irfan who works at bmw,he told me that they are givin discounts only on 3,5 and 7 series models.According to the magazine,you can get some 6L + discounts on bmw 3 series,which is brand new with change in front line.

And Audi a4 looks like an angel,it would suit the best for girls,but not for guys and yeah less than 7 crores ? that's a less price for you ? okay,never mind.

If you're above 6ft >>> ferrari and aston martin
if you'r less than 5'9>>> lamborghini

thanks a lot for the guide. i just love the power of Q7.and i will buy the small car after the elections.in may, i am 5 8 . so any car would be alright .lol.and i hate ferrari. super exotic is an expensive 2 seater according to me
i dont want cars like maybach,RR,or bentley.i am not a business man .but still i need an expensive car.

hey ecks.how much did you get your LP640 for? i really love a lamborghini.is there any better car than yours?

Last edited by shreyas28 : 9th March 2009 at 19:18. Reason: another post.20 minute rule :D
Old 9th March 2009, 19:16   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyas28 View Post
thanks a lot for the guide. i just love the power of Q7.and i will buy the small car after the elections.in may, i am 5 8 . so any car would be alright .lol.and i hate ferrari. super exotic is an expensive 2 seater according to me
i dont want cars like maybach,RR,or bentley.i am not a business man .but still i need an expensive car.

How is the Ferrari any different from your statement below :

"and ecks.thank you for that info. i really wanted to have the SLR.
which super exotic should i buy ? price doesnt matter,but must be below 7 crores .ANY car.i like the murcielago,i love gallardo but still i need an expensive car."

Are the Murci/G not equally expensive , super exotic 2 seaters?
Old 9th March 2009, 19:28   #831
BHPian

yes. they are expensive bro.but i must get what my dad promised me.he said he will give me any car(even a maybach) if i get an IIT seat.so i MUST get it fulfilled.
Old 9th March 2009, 21:16   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque4u View Post
Spotted this Infinity last week in Jublee Hills, sorry guys for the bad quality pic.
I have seen this Infinity long back, I guess 1 year back..Though i am Not sure that it is the same one which i have spotted.It was Q45

After that i did not see it again.

Last edited by syedhafeez : 9th March 2009 at 21:18.
Old 9th March 2009, 21:37   #833

Before making a decision for Audi think about the after sales service and parts availability and long term ownership costs.

-- It seems one of the team-bhp member's Audi "A4" was in the shop for 4 months waiting for a small part to be imported from germany. ( Search for it in the other threads ). Many other members have the same opinion.
-- Also, Audi has a very bad reputation of having more repairs and maintenance costs over the life of the car.

If you are going for an Ultra-Luxuary car then it can be understood if the manufacturer does not stock the parts in the country. But, for mid-range cars like Audi which is selling like hot-cakes in India - we should expect the manufacturer to have most of the parts in stock.

Personally I would not suggest Audi unless you are ok with the car being in the service station most of the time.
Old 10th March 2009, 00:31   #834
BHPian

No offense Shreyas, but are you sure you're not just building castles in the air? I mean, as teenagers, we all take our fathers' words at face value and dream of what car we're going to buy next but it rarely ever happens.

My sincere advice would be to first concentrate on getting the IIT seat and THEN think of a car. And hope your dad didn't mean "I'll buy you any car you want" and then muttered "as long as it's within a certain budget" under his breath!

And again, if you do get into IIT, how are you going to enjoy the car? They get hardly 2-2 and a half months of holidays throughout the year.

I didn't mean any offense, just letting you know that I went through a similar situation!

Last edited by f450 : 10th March 2009 at 00:32.
Old 10th March 2009, 01:45   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
What? Where did that come from? Have you ever seen a Ferrari interior? They are probably at par with the best interior'd super cars out there man.

Wow. Your info on every other car was really nice , accurate and precise . But this is so not the case.
Oops ! My bad,I havent sat in any ferrari,I heard it from my friend and he feels like ferrari interiors as crap and please i dont know about it though.

@shreyas
saw your audi q7 at cinemax just few hours back,it was going that side and today i went to audi showroom! there there,a cute big daddy's girl "Audi Q7" black was there.Thought of test driving,but was getting late for a movie.

@f450
i think they allow cars in iit,but if this dude gets a lambo in his first year,he sure will be seeing a hell like ragging in the campus.I don't know about other campuses,but iit bombay and delhi allow students to get cars.

@shreyas
now take this advise into your heart.Your time for preparing iit is just not for your car,it's for the pride of our entire hyderabad and andhra pradesh.Study well and get a lamborghini murcielago Lp560-4 and vrooom at the outer ring road or shamshabad airport.If possible get a maybach Exelero and sure you will be talk of the town.

And i dont know members here are forgetting jaguars ,jaguar xf will be into indian markets by end of 2009 and already taj group of hotels have become the first customer to get a Jaguar xf as their taxi.

but for hyderabad roads,sure a lambo is a waste of time and your patience will be tested alot.

ecks got a lambo,because of awesome chandigarh roads and yeah chandigarh is really a nice place for driving.

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th March 2009 at 05:55. Reason: Hi, please use spaces after punctuation marks to help readability. Thanks.
Old 10th March 2009, 05:55   #836
BHPian

For the people who are confused with what car do they want to buy next, please go the Threads 'Team-BHP advice' or 'What car?' on the Forum section and clear your doubts queries , this thread is not apt for these discussions. you will have a better feed back as members not just from hyderabad would reply,but members from various places in the world would.
Old 10th March 2009, 08:45   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99w210 View Post
Before making a decision for Audi think about the after sales service and parts availability and long term ownership costs.

-- It seems one of the team-bhp member's Audi "A4" was in the shop for 4 months waiting for a small part to be imported from germany. ( Search for it in the other threads ). Many other members have the same opinion.
-- Also, Audi has a very bad reputation of having more repairs and maintenance costs over the life of the car.

If you are going for an Ultra-Luxuary car then it can be understood if the manufacturer does not stock the parts in the country. But, for mid-range cars like Audi which is selling like hot-cakes in India - we should expect the manufacturer to have most of the parts in stock.

Personally I would not suggest Audi unless you are ok with the car being in the service station most of the time.
thank you. i am taking the 3 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by f450 View Post
No offense Shreyas, but are you sure you're not just building castles in the air? I mean, as teenagers, we all take our fathers' words at face value and dream of what car we're going to buy next but it rarely ever happens.

My sincere advice would be to first concentrate on getting the IIT seat and THEN think of a car. And hope your dad didn't mean "I'll buy you any car you want" and then muttered "as long as it's within a certain budget" under his breath!

And again, if you do get into IIT, how are you going to enjoy the car? They get hardly 2-2 and a half months of holidays throughout the year.

I didn't mean any offense, just letting you know that I went through a similar situation!
thank you bro,yes he said he WILL buy.and he already has a gallardo,cayman S,cayenne,RR sport and some other exotics in dubai.but none of them are black in colour.dont worry.i wont drive the car to the campus everyday.i'll dress like a villager for the first 2 weeks.and start coming in alto and then after 2-3 months, i can take the car.anyways.its next year so theres a lot of time for that.and thanks again for warning me

[quote=BmwAddict;1206313
@shreyas
saw your audi q7 at cinemax just few hours back,it was going that side and today i went to audi showroom! there there,a cute big daddy's girl "Audi Q7" black was there.Thought of test driving,but was getting late for a movie.

now take this advise into your heart.Your time for preparing iit is just not for your car,it's for the pride of our entire hyderabad and andhra pradesh.Study well and get a lamborghini murcielago Lp560-4 and vrooom at the outer ring road or shamshabad airport.If possible get a maybach Exelero and sure you will be talk of the town.

but for hyderabad roads,sure a lambo is a waste of time and your patience will be tested alot.

ecks got a lambo,because of awesome chandigarh roads and yeah chandigarh is really a nice place for driving.[/quote]
its not my car dude.my car is blue in colour and i went to madhapur yesterday,not cinemax.you wanted to test drive a Q7 ?? you have one of the most expensive cars of AUDI so you dont really need to test drive Q7.lol

and thanks dude.hope i get into an IIT in AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suped99 View Post
For the people who are confused with what car do they want to buy next, please go the Threads 'Team-BHP advice' or 'What car?' on the Forum section and clear your doubts queries , this thread is not apt for these discussions. you will have a better feed back as members not just from hyderabad would reply,but members from various places in the world would.
thank you man.ill check out that thread.
Old 10th March 2009, 10:52   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Study well and get a lamborghini murcielago Lp560-4 and vrooom at the outer ring road or shamshabad airport.If possible get a maybach Exelero and sure you will be talk of the town.
You mean, the Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4?
Old 10th March 2009, 11:10   #839
BHPian

Spotted this Lexus Gs300 yesterday..
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dsc01636.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-dsc01638.jpg
syedhafeez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2009, 14:41   #840
BHPian

this is a toyota mark II not a lexus
zibby is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com