Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:48   #2791
BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Kailash, This is a list I received long time ago from someone I know. The person I was speaking about the last time. He sent me this list earlier about 6-8 months ago I believe.

Attachment 549255
I wonder how the Hyderabad supercar scene would be if you take away DC and family's collection.
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:07   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Double-check on the Murcie's please!
Double check on everything I would say as I know there could be loads ive missed in that list as this list is pretty old one. If you look clearly, I doubt there is Veyron mentioned there.

Quote:
But traveloholic, I don't see any mention of THE RR Phantom COUPE?
Shayan, lets list down the one's missed in this list.

Quote:
And there seems to be a typo regarding the Continental GTs, could either be the number of cars or the model name(i hope the typo is regarding the model name not number)
I hope the typo gets cleared now. Deepak/Kailash/Shayan/Syed Hafeez, can we have a list of Bentley's spotted in Hyderabad. Deepak uploaded some list, but we need more detailed one now. As I have mentioned earlier, there could be mistakes in this list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleno7811 View Post
I wonder how the Hyderabad supercar scene would be if you take away DC and family's collection.
Even though, he owns the most exotic garage allover, we would surely miss his exotics on the road. There are many more, which ply the roads of Hyderabad. But DC's things are incomparable.
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:43   #2793
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Prius, a 5GT and a Camry Gracia!
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_1099.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_1100.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_1092.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_1094.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_1095.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-img_0444.jpg  

Last edited by shyn : 23rd May 2011 at 19:44.
Old 23rd May 2011, 20:28   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I beg your pardon sir, You sure have been underestimating the whole scene here. Yes agreed they have a far greater share of exotics in the city, but my question to you is would you find someone who could have a collection like their's elsewhere in India ? I really don't think so. We are just happy to have them here.

Here is an Example: Out of the 20-30 Odd Bentley FS's in town, DC's only own around 5-10 of them. The rest belong to the other Garages in the City. Please scroll through the thread for pictures.

Anways sir if I could take an opportunity to remind you of the City's Rich Royal Heritage, I would say they are just a Testament to the culture and the History of this place. And I am speaking about the Nizam's of Hyderabad. The Nawabs of Hyderabad were amongst the first in India to Import an Automobile way back in the early 1900's, and they have had a splendid and Exquisite collection of Luxury cars for over 100 years now which were housed at the numerous Extravagant and Magnificient Royal Palace's in the City. There is even a thread dedicated to their collection under the Vintage Car section here on Team-BHP. And let me remind you Hyderabad is called the City of Nizams or City of Pearls and the World's Largest Know cut diamond belonged to Hyderabad. Although there is no direct relation between the Nizam's and the DC's, the point I am trying to make here is that the Rich Culture and History of Hyderabad has played an important role in influencing them in building such a splendid collection of Modern Super Cars and Exotics.

He sure has started a trend of sorts. Guess you are not aware of the many other garages in the city, hence the dilemma, maybe because many of them have not been captured on camera unlike other cities. To compensate for his absence we do have the Lanco's Garage, the billionare GVK, almost every Major Construction Company/Real Estate/Hospitals/Industrialists here have an Exotic or two, The Raju's, Mr.KLK, and I didn't even mention about the numerous Tollywood stars and personalities garages here. The politician's here are know to maintain expensive rides too ! Well if you ever pay a visit to the Twin Cities, do make sure you head over to the uptown areas like Jubilee Hills, Banjara Hills, Begumpet, Somajiguda, Hitech City, Gachibowli, Areas around ORR, RGIA Airport Shamshabad, Various parts tof Secunderabad and other areas like Abids, Kothi, Himayat Nagar, Tolichowki, Mehdipatnam and various other places. I am sure you would have a far greater understanding of what the scene is like here when you pay a visit.

The DC's are not known to take out their rides often but you would still get to See a Roll's or a Bentley, tons of BMW's Audi's Merc's etc..etc... on a daily basis. Maybe if your stars are aligned right for the day, you could see some of DC's Exotic rides on road. I am sure most of Hyderabadi Bhpians would agree to what I have said so far. And I think I have made my whole point here and don't want to go further more deep in to this whole issue but I hope you have understood what I mean.

I Rest My Case.

Last edited by ShortShifter : 23rd May 2011 at 20:57.
Old 23rd May 2011, 21:07   #2795
Senior - BHPian

Mods Please merge this post with the one above. Thanks !

Well To sum it up, in the very own words of a fellow Bhpian from Kerala,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
I was about to start this thread after a trip to the city. More over I've heard my dad saying about the timeless vintages & classic collection with the Nawabs & other aristrocrats of the region. Anyway this thread is on & expect more and more posts!

Last edited by ShortShifter : 23rd May 2011 at 21:08.
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:30   #2796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
I beg your pardon sir, You sure have been underestimating the whole scene here. Yes agreed they have a far greater share of exotics in the city, but my question to you is would you find someone who could have a collection like their's elsewhere in India ? I really don't think so. We are just happy to have them here.

Here is an Example: Out of the 20-30 Odd Bentley FS's in town, DC's only own around 5-10 of them. The rest belong to the other Garages in the City. Please scroll through the thread for pictures.

Anways sir if I could take an opportunity to remind you of the City's Rich Royal Heritage, I would say they are just a Testament to the culture and the History of this place. And I am speaking about the Nizam's of Hyderabad. The Nawabs of Hyderabad were amongst the first in India to Import an Automobile way back in the early 1900's, and they have had a splendid and Exquisite collection of Luxury cars for over 100 years now which were housed at the numerous Extravagant and Magnificient Royal Palace's in the City. There is even a thread dedicated to their collection under the Vintage Car section here on Team-BHP. And let me remind you Hyderabad is called the City of Nizams or City of Pearls and the World's Largest Know cut diamond belonged to Hyderabad. Although there is no direct relation between the Nizam's and the DC's, the point I am trying to make here is that the Rich Culture and History of Hyderabad has played an important role in influencing them in building such a splendid collection of Modern Super Cars and Exotics.

He sure has started a trend of sorts. Guess you are not aware of the many other garages in the city, hence the dilemma, maybe because many of them have not been captured on camera unlike other cities. To compensate for his absence we do have the Lanco's Garage, the billionare GVK, almost every Major Construction Company/Real Estate/Hospitals/Industrialists here have an Exotic or two, The Raju's, Mr.KLK, and I didn't even mention about the numerous Tollywood stars and personalities garages here. The politician's here are know to maintain expensive rides too ! Well if you ever pay a visit to the Twin Cities, do make sure you head over to the uptown areas like Jubilee Hills, Banjara Hills, Begumpet, Somajiguda, Hitech City, Gachibowli, Areas around ORR, RGIA Airport Shamshabad, Various parts tof Secunderabad and other areas like Abids, Kothi, Himayat Nagar, Tolichowki, Mehdipatnam and various other places. I am sure you would have a far greater understanding of what the scene is like here when you pay a visit.

The DC's are not known to take out their rides often but you would still get to See a Roll's or a Bentley, tons of BMW's Audi's Merc's etc..etc... on a daily basis. Maybe if your stars are aligned right for the day, you could see some of DC's Exotic rides on road. I am sure most of Hyderabadi Bhpians would agree to what I have said so far. And I think I have made my whole point here and don't want to go further more deep in to this whole issue but I hope you have understood what I mean.

I Rest My Case.
Woa!! I can see that you have really put some effort in trying to answer my question. May be you would not have if I had not missed to add the question mark in the end of my quote. Anyways thanks a lot for clarifying mate.
Anyways let me try to answer your points one by one in the highlighted order.
1)Why not? And remember its not all his. Its shared between 2 or 3 families or partners from what I have heard.
2)Well which politician isnt?And I believe its more so the case in Hyd!
3)I have spent enough time in your city and do know what the scene is like.( read the non existant traffic sense of motorists)

Also, after having spent some time there and in other major metros in the country I can say that Hyd does have some catching up to do
Cheers !
Old 24th May 2011, 01:02   #2797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woa!! I can see that you have really put some effort in trying to answer my question. May be you would not have if I had not missed to add the question mark in the end of my quote. Anyways thanks a lot for clarifying mate.
Anyways let me try to answer your points one by one in the highlighted order.
1)Why not? And remember its not all his. Its shared between 2 or 3 families or partners from what I have heard.
2)Well which politician isnt?And I believe its more so the case in Hyd!
3)I have spent enough time in your city and do know what the scene is like.( read the non existant traffic sense of motorists)

Also, after having spent some time there and in other major metros in the country I can say that Hyd does have some catching up to do
Cheers !
For someone who has lived in Hyderabad before, you seem to be quite Judgmental. Agreed there is a lot of catching up to do but when it comes to Luxury Imports the numbers are quite evident. Agreed there is a general lack of traffic sense in most, but this not a problem limited to one city. I am presently living in Chennai and travel almost 45-50kms everyday to my college and back, and I have a story or a two to tell about the close shaves I encounter on a daily basis.

Anyways couple of everyday XF's and a spanking new RR Sport HSE.

Black One At Srinagar Colony and the White near GVK One.

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-xf1.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-xf2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-xf3.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-xf4.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-xf5.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr1.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr3.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr4.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr5.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr6.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-rr7.jpg

Last edited by ShortShifter : 24th May 2011 at 01:28.
Old 24th May 2011, 02:49   #2798
Senior - BHPian

The Aston Martin DB9 on the Outer Ring Road. I have posted the video before, now for some images.

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-11.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_4.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_6.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_5.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_13.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_12.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_3.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_7.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_8jpg.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_9.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_10.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db9_11.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-db.jpg

Last edited by ShortShifter : 24th May 2011 at 03:01.
ShortShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 03:13   #2799
Senior - BHPian

A R35 Nissan GTR and a Rolls Royce Phantom at Gachibowli (Courtesy Shravan SV), a SLK near GVK One and a 6er at the Cinemax parking lot.

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-219297_1590383614046_1669552317_1123534_8374586_o.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-210753_1593700536967_1669552317_1128841_7610980_o.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-slk2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-222126_165265473533500_100001501467330_401161_6227816_n.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-224088_165265563533491_100001501467330_401162_6542521_n.jpg

Last edited by ShortShifter : 24th May 2011 at 03:16.
Old 24th May 2011, 12:06   #2800
Senior - BHPian

As promised, here is the 1st set of pictures sent by my friend. 2xSLK's, 2xPorsche Carrera S, 2xBMW M3's, BMW M6 and the White R35 GTR all at Novotel, RGI Airport.

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-1.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-2.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-3.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-4.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-5.jpg

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-6.jpg

Last edited by ShortShifter : 24th May 2011 at 12:09.
ShortShifter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 13:14   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Pheww! That was one heck of an explanation SS, you sure love your state I've worked up quite an appetite reading it all But I found this particular line rather offensive -
Quote:
but my question to you is would you find someone who could have a collection like their's elsewhere in India
He got dough, good for him. He buy cars, again good for him. But that doesn't make VRR or his kinfolk the richest in India. Even if it does, there must be many more who at least parallel him. They prefer spend their green in some other form of indulgences. I still admire his collection as well as his taste for finer things in life. But that doesn't mean he is the only one out there. Cheers! Waiting for the W16's pics!

Last edited by Scorcher : 24th May 2011 at 13:30.
Scorcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 13:34   #2802
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Pheww! That was one heck of an explanation SS, you sure love your state I've worked up quite an appetite reading it all :P But I found this particular line rather offensive - He got dough, good for him. He buy cars, again good for him. But that doesn't make VRR or his kinfolk the richest in India. Even if it does, there must be many more who at least parallel him. They prefer spend their green in some other form of indulgences. I still admire his collection as well as his taste for finer things in life. But that doesn't mean he is the only one out there. Cheers! Waiting for the W16's pics! Do I see an //M6 is the above set of pic? Ex-Nag?
This is exactly what I was trying to get at!

You see, a collection is not determined by the number of cars ONLY. It's evident that DC's taste is great, but that doesn't make his collection the best. There are many collectors out there who have some brilliant machinery in their garages. I would rate DC's collection a 8/10. IMO, Mallya's collection is unparalleled, followed very closely by a very selective set of cars owned by another collector in Bangalore.

Anyway, this is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortShifter View Post
As promised, here is the 1st set of pictures sent by my friend. 2xSLK's, 2xPorsche Carrera S, 2xBMW M3's, BMW M6 and the White R35 GTR all at Novotel, RGI Airport.

On another note, fantastic pictures of those 911 Carreras, the M3s and the M6 at the Hyderabad airport. Absolutely loved it, and will drool all over my keyboard for sometime now!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 24th May 2011 at 13:37.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:53   #2803
BANNED

Nothing exciting here.But, W/e, just dumping the phone memory LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-deepakml30cdi.jpg  

Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-spm_a0797.jpg  

Last edited by D33-PAC : 24th May 2011 at 15:05.
Old 24th May 2011, 15:18   #2804
BANNED

The updates list, I still need word from SS on the British Racing Green CFS though. I redlined(hehe) a bit from each plate for privacy.

I still have a feeling a huge chunk of the Bentleys are missing from my list.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Hyderabad-d33bhydlist.jpg  

Old 24th May 2011, 15:23   #2805
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
But that doesn't make VRR or his kinfolk the richest in India. Even if it does, there must be many more who at least parallel him. They prefer spend their green in some other form of indulgences. I still admire his collection as well as his taste for finer things in life. But that doesn't mean he is the only one out there. Cheers! Waiting for the W16's pics!
I don't think SS was trying to say anything about Mr.w16's wealth. He's just saying nobody else has a collection like him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks