Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2008, 00:05   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
@ Danlalan. His name is Pratap. Gaikwad.
From Surendranagar ?

Awesome car..
Awesome pictures..

@ Varun, Thanks for the pictures.
Can you post 3rd picture in high resolution ?
Mugen_Power is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 00:06   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
v1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BLR / BOM / LON
Posts: 5,156
Thanked: 4,155 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The owner of the car has his factory and some Property in MP, hence the MP registration. The owner also owned at one time the Ford crossworth, Porsche 993 and the blue subaru (like the one in delhi).

@ Danlalan. His name is Pratap. Gaikwad.
Possibly the only instance where the owner actually has something to do with MP.
v1p3r is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 00:08   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
A lot of Indian imports seem to come with MP plates. Imprezas, Evos, Porsches, Jags, Nissans, you name it, MP's got it.
It is because of tax saving.
Mugen_Power is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 00:25   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Possibly the only instance where the owner actually has something to do with MP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen_Power View Post
It is because of tax saving.

, Money saved in taxes and spent on purchasing another car. He sold his old stock and now is replemishing his Garage. Hence the two cars in a short time span.
speedy is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 02:01   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Found pictures of the car, this is when it had just come in. Not blanked the Number as the owner was with my brother when the pictures were taken and he is also a friend. I have lost the interior pictures but have asked for them.
Attached Thumbnails
White Nissan GT-R (Mumbai) : Pics-skyline_3.jpg  

White Nissan GT-R (Mumbai) : Pics-skyline_2.jpg  

White Nissan GT-R (Mumbai) : Pics-skyline_1.jpg  

speedy is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 02:27   #21
BHPian
 
nikibusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Vikhroli - (Mumbai)
Posts: 716
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Boy o Boy. She looks so insane. I have to give due credit to the choice of the owner.
nikibusa is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 08:31   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,395
Thanked: 1,286 Times
Default

@ Speedy and Varun, beautiful pics! The Gaikwads also had an ///M5 and an Overfinch Range Rover apart from other exotics.The M5 has been sold, dont know bout the Rover. And speedy, I have heard he has some really nice vintage cars, could you get their pics?
Maverick5490 is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 12:43   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
@ Speedy and Varun, beautiful pics! The Gaikwads also had an ///M5 and an Overfinch Range Rover apart from other exotics.The M5 has been sold, dont know bout the Rover. And speedy, I have heard he has some really nice vintage cars, could you get their pics?
Yes Maverick, Thats why i said he sold his old stock and his Garage is being Replemished. The M5 along with some of the other cars are sold. I dont know if this included the Range Rover. will check as he had sent me the list of cars asking if we were interested knowing our likeing for them.
Yes he does have a few Vintage cars but not in Bombay. I shall ask him for pictures and his permission to post them on the Forum.
speedy is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 12:55   #24
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,823
Thanked: 374 Times
Default

nice pics

what is that logo on the left side of the number plate?
fx45 is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 13:13   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
Maverick5490's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Thane
Posts: 1,395
Thanked: 1,286 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
nice pics

what is that logo on the left side of the number plate?
That would be Baroda's Royal seal, all his cars have them!
Maverick5490 is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 17:32   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
v12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,501
Thanked: 6,233 Times
Default

Nice pics Speedy and Varun. Off lately I've been seeing quite a few imports with NL registration. Maybe they're offering better offers than HR. Pratap also owned a CL55 AMG which is now sold.
v12 is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 18:12   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Nice pics Speedy and Varun. Off lately I've been seeing quite a few imports with NL registration. Maybe they're offering better offers than HR. Pratap also owned a CL55 AMG which is now sold.
I dont remember his CL being an AMG. I think it was 500 not sure. He did have a Brabus S class at one point.
speedy is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 19:01   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 627
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

speedy should we get one of these GT-R's? Is it worth having in India?
indra_slk is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 19:21   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
speedy should we get one of these GT-R's? Is it worth having in India?
I would not recomend it for you Indra_slk. It is worth every penny in the looks and performance aspects. The cars is an out and out sports car and can be very unforgiving if not driven right. The reason i would not advice it for you is because the car is very powerful for you to handle at this point, the MRS would be a snail compared to this beast. The service and parts would be an issue in Goa as it would be a Direct import. This means if anything goes wrong you would have the car standing for long periods awaiting a proper Mech and parts. The choices you have made are good for now and at a later stage you could get it. What happened to the MRS, sold yet or with you still?

Last edited by speedy : 17th October 2008 at 19:24.
speedy is offline  
Old 17th October 2008, 21:48   #30
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: iNDIA
Posts: 627
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I would not recomend it for you Indra_slk. It is worth every penny in the looks and performance aspects. The cars is an out and out sports car and can be very unforgiving if not driven right. The reason i would not advice it for you is because the car is very powerful for you to handle at this point, the MRS would be a snail compared to this beast. The service and parts would be an issue in Goa as it would be a Direct import. This means if anything goes wrong you would have the car standing for long periods awaiting a proper Mech and parts. The choices you have made are good for now and at a later stage you could get it. What happened to the MRS, sold yet or with you still?
Not sold it yet.Waiting to get my desired price, if i don't get the price i rather keep it and do some engine modifications.I guess it is no point in getting such powerful cars when we don't have proper roads to drive on. If we had much better roads then would be a awesome car.I feel bad for ecksreturns when he has a car like the LP640 he can't use it to the fullest.Even if he tries to use it to the fullest there is always something that will come on the road like cows,dogs and people!
indra_slk is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks