Team-BHP - Servicing an old BMW in bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Servicing an old BMW in bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/48147-servicing-old-bmw-bangalore.html)

Where can we get a 83 model BMW 3 Series serviced in bangalre.
This one belongs to a friend and needs some electrical and engine work.
don't want to go to Navneet motors cos it will cost as much or more than the car.

Any help is much appreciated.

If you dont get any one in bangalore, send it down here. We have a couple of very qualified guys here to get the job done.

I suggest you take her down to Navnit motors to get an estimate before trusting her with a local garage. No doubt the quality of work at an authorized Bmw service center is unmatched by local chaps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueraven316 (Post 1032248)
Where can we get a 83 model BMW 3 Series serviced in bangalre.
This one belongs to a friend and needs some electrical and engine work.
don't want to go to Navneet motors cos it will cost as much or more than the car.

Any help is much appreciated.

83 model BMW! Naturally aspirated or Fuel injected ?

Let me know(PM me), have an experienced hand for your car just in my localitycheers:

There is a guy, Sunil < I think that's his name> Near corporation circle... you must've seen lots of imported cars parked there.

Personally, never been there but heard he charges way less than Navnit Motors. Want to visit and chk out some beauties he has and pick some if good ... :D

I get my BMW serviced from Navnit motors only, as I feel the local mechanics do a shoddy job and the same problem crops up again.:Frustrati

you can try thomas - 9902009989

Check out the service station at Corporation Circle

If you hit Hennur road from the ORR towards Lingarajpuram, you pass two arge aparment buildings and then the road begins to curve. On the right hand side, is someone who repairs similar aged mercs. Alternatively CAR MECHS in HSR layout

I urge you to reconsider, I have tried a few well known mechanics before, but none are as good as the authorised service centers. Also remember that sourcing parts is a pain, and Navnit can do that for you, however it is cheaper to bring them yourself from the States, Gulf or South Africa...

Which model is it? E21 or E30? Also which engine and is it a 2 or a 4 door? I would be interested in picking it up if it were a 2 door E21, if E30 then a 2.5 2 door...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 1033015)
If you hit Hennur road from the ORR towards Lingarajpuram, you pass two arge aparment buildings and then the road begins to curve. On the right hand side, is someone who repairs similar aged mercs. Alternatively CAR MECHS in HSR layout

car mecs isnt in hsr, its off 1st block koramangla.no-25506969.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inder_s1 (Post 1032802)
There is a guy, Sunil < I think that's his name> Near corporation circle... you must've seen lots of imported cars parked there.

Personally, never been there but heard he charges way less than Navnit Motors. Want to visit and chk out some beauties he has and pick some if good ... :D

I get my BMW serviced from Navnit motors only, as I feel the local mechanics do a shoddy job and the same problem crops up again.:Frustrati

agree: i also never been there personally but i do see cars changing frequently there.

what I would advice is: go to navnit and honestly tell them that you just want them to an inspection and diagnosis on the work required and which parts are faulty, need to be repaired/replaced. They will not charge you a bomb for it. Tip the mechanic well and he will advice you of all the work required. This way you could ensure that the other mechanic is not taking you for a ride.

Today's Indian cars are much more hi-tech than an '83 BMW. Just make sure you have a service manual handy and a good mech.