Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2005, 23:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

Chance meeting with 997 911 Carrera S in Delhi

Hi Guys, I went to have some minor work done on the Beast yesterday and at the same garage there was a Silver 911 Carrera S. I blew my brains out looking at it but my joy lasted shortly as I realise that not for the first time I was not carrying my camera when I chanced upon a good car so you guys will have to make do with some low-res cell pics only.

Now the Garage owner is a friend of mine so when he learnt I really like 911's he gave me the keys to sit and fiddle around in it and also told me start the engine and listen to it. So I started the car and revved it a bit and well it sounds very different the flat 6 has an uneven gruff sound but still its a very evocative note and that got me completely worked up!

The interior was as expexted very high quality and the Sports seats were fantastically grippy. The car is really very low and you feel as if you are sitting on the ground, I mean I thought the VTEC feels low but this gives low a new meaning altogether!
There was a large infotainment screen in the middle of the console and the sound system was by Bose. Even the door handles felt absolutely gorgeous and very tactile & solid in operation. And of course I have no comments about Porsche's exterior finish and panel gaps or rather the lack of them.

This car was a maumatic or Triptronic in Porsche speak and I tried to lightly push the lever around but it didn't budge so I left it alone since it wasn't my or my friend's car and the last thing I wanted to do was to break something on that car and probably ending up selling the VTEC just to buy that part! Overall the car felt very sporty, luxuriously trimmed and very solidly built. The frameless doors closed with a very nice THUNK! And since I didn't want to be too pushy I didn't ask my friend to pop open the bonnet (or should I say the boot!!) and see the engine. Hmmm maybe something for next time!

I took my time & took as many pictures as I could. Now as I want to post the pictures there seems to be a problem with Rapidshare so you guys will have to wait till later tonight or will try again tomorrow morning.
Old 3rd December 2005, 18:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Porsche 911 Carrera S (997) with Pics

Hi Guys,

Finally managed to upload the pics of the interior will post the exterior pics later.

Old 3rd December 2005, 19:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

hey iraghava
great pics dude.how did you manage to get such good interior pics of the porche ?? do you know the owner ??

rev
Old 4th December 2005, 01:42   #34
BHPian

looks like a pic taken in a garage or the showroom?? defnitely not in the street...so iraghava..r u the lucky owner of this babe??
Old 5th December 2005, 18:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

Exterior Pics Added

Hi Guys, As promised here are the exterior pics!

And just in case any of you are wondering it was wearing Michelin Pilots sized 235/35 ZR19 Front & 295/30 ZR19 Rear.

Last edited by v12 : 9th December 2005 at 15:06.
Old 5th December 2005, 19:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing4cure
looks like a pic taken in a garage or the showroom?? defnitely not in the street...so iraghava..r u the lucky owner of this babe??
racing4cure Oh How I wish I owned the beauty! As they say in Hindi "Tere Muh Mein Ghee Shakkar" but unfortuantely reality beckons! So no it belongs a Delhi Businessman and I got to sit in it & fiddle around because the owner of the garage where she had come for some rubbing/polishing is a friend of mine.
Old 5th December 2005, 19:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey iraghava
great pics dude.how did you manage to get such good interior pics of the porche ?? do you know the owner ??

rev
No revtech the garage where she had come for some minor work is owned by a friend of mine and thus I got to sit in it & everything. Enjoy the exterior pics!

P.S. See below for my earlier post with the whole story of how I chanced upon the 911

Last edited by iraghava : 5th December 2005 at 19:28.
Old 5th December 2005, 19:41   #38
Senior - BHPian

Seen this car many times in Lajpat Nagar..
Old 9th December 2005, 14:54   #39
BHPian

The 997 is definately a very potent car, and arguably the pinnacle of all non turbo 911's. I cant imagine what the turbo'ed version will be like in a few years. For the first time, the interior of the porsche actually looks nice. I also believe that the navigation system is standard on all 911's right. Well no use for that in India huh?
Old 9th December 2005, 15:09   #40
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice pics iraghava. We would appreciate if you blank out the registration numbers of the cars before posting the pics the next time. I have done it for now.

Anyways, keep the pics coming.
Old 9th December 2005, 15:39   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava
And just in case any of you are wondering it was wearing Michelin Pilots sized 235/35 ZR19 Front & 295/30 ZR19 Rear.
The fronts should be 235/40 if I am not mistaken and the tires are pilot sport PS2 OE on this car for sure, unless the owner swapped them, which would be doubtful as PS2's replaced the regular pilot sports. The reason I say this is because I purchased PS2's in the size 235/40 from a buddy who took them off his 911 carrera S and porsche's are known to come with 235/40 in the front.
Old 14th December 2005, 23:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnani
The fronts should be 235/40 if I am not mistaken and the tires are pilot sport PS2 OE on this car for sure, unless the owner swapped them, which would be doubtful as PS2's replaced the regular pilot sports. The reason I say this is because I purchased PS2's in the size 235/40 from a buddy who took them off his 911 carrera S and porsche's are known to come with 235/40 in the front.
No idnani I am quit sure of the front size. Maybe your friend had 18"'s on his car but in any case will recheck if I see the car again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
Nice pics iraghava. We would appreciate if you blank out the registration numbers of the cars before posting the pics the next time. I have done it for now.

Anyways, keep the pics coming.
Sorry v12 will do so from now on. Thanks for doing them on my behalf.
Old 15th December 2005, 04:07   #43
BHPian

that has to be a fad ride..wonder what the fuel they recommedn on these..definitely speed...or more....eh!!!
Old 31st March 2006, 11:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Porsche Carrera spotted in Nehru Place

Hi guys, was passed by a Porsche Carrera last evening on my way home on the Nehru Place flyover going towards Savitri; spotted it in my mirrors between cars near the Nehru Place bus stop and I slowed to a crawl to watch him go by. Was being driven VERY VERY SEDATELY and he took a while to go past (can't blame him, anyone using Nehru Place would know how heavy & unruly traffic there is during rush hours), two guys. It had Haryana plates &, in the dusk, appeared to be a dark blue color (not sure though).

Sorry guys, no snaps as I do not carry a camera phone! I'm wondering if its the same one that V.Tec mentioned in his post on the Gallardo , I couldn't see if they went straight on or turned towards GK as I turned into CR Park on my way to GKII from the Nehru Apartments turn-off
Old 31st March 2006, 14:34   #45
BHPian

the carrera which the gallardo guy owns has the old series number three letter one..i know the number but cant disclose..i infact found out who the owner is too! its a shock!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks